✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Here is an interview from the X&Y Era which I found interesting:

And by the way, JAAO's great channel has been taken down, but he is back uploading things here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBmbLX5l2T-OnwOJ2k8oiLg

it's so appropriate that they wore all black that era because they all seem so dead inside here :P :joy:

but i also think it's funny what Will says at 3:50 "unless you took on the role of a spaceman that landed... wear a costume" well :rolleyes:

• Like 1

it's so appropriate that they wore all black that era because they all seem so dead inside here :p :joy:

but i also think it's funny what Will says at 3:50 "unless you took on the role of a spaceman that landed... wear a costume" well :rolleyes:

Why dead inside ? I liked the interview... :pensive:

For sure Paradise, Miracle, Atlas, Always in My Head, Up with the Birds, Up and Up, Amazing Day, and now All I Can Think About is You.and I'm sure I'm missing a couple.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

On a related note, I'd like to ask everyone what are your favorite groups other than Coldplay whose music reminds you of Oldplay's songs, say X & Y back *although some may not think of X &Y as an Oldplay era, it is still my favorite, an dI love music that souns like it.

On the topic of newer Coldplay songs, what are your favorites from MX - Onwards? B-Sides can count here.

Top 3 would have to be Moving to Mars, Ghost Story and Fly On. Honorable mentions for Up with the Birds, AHFOD and All I Can Think About Is You (possibly).

On the topic of newer Coldplay songs, what are your favorites from MX - Onwards? B-Sides can count here.

Ghost Story, Hypnotised, Paradise, Midnight, Oceans, Fun, Amazing Day....

On a related note, I'd like to ask everyone what are your favorite groups other than Coldplay whose music reminds you of Oldplay's songs, say X & Y back *although some may not think of X &Y as an Oldplay era, it is still my favorite, an dI love music that souns like it.

Oh, X&Y is definitely Oldplay :cool:

• Like 1

X&Y is pre-MX so is Oldplay :)

Newplay songs I like in chronological order:

Major Minus

Moving To Mars

Up With The Birds

Atlas

Wish I Was Here

Midnight (my favourite one of these)

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

Always In My Head

Birds

Hypnotised

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 3

Difficult to place where Oldplaying is for me anymore. I used to be on board with the it being Viva Era and before, but in hindsight MX is way more alt-rock than the last two eras so...its tough. Also, so many very Oldplaying-esque tracks recently on AHFOD era....

I consider all of the following tracks somewhat Oldplay in style:

Major Minus

DLIBYH

Moving To Mars

Wish I was Here

AIMH

Oceans

Fly On (live is best)

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

Fun (but I hate it)

Amazing Day

AHFOD

Up & Up

Hypnotised

As a side note: I think Atlas and Miracles are ultimately two tracks with very outstanding guitar work from Johnny, great atmospheres, but with lackluster songwriting and percussion. Both on the cusp of feeling very Oldplay, but justnot a fan of the way they ended up produced.

BUT... I would consider the following "newplay" songs absolutely fantastic:

Paradise (especially live)

HLH

ETIAW

Magic

Midnight

Birds

AOAL

True Love (sometimes)

• Like 5

I totally think Major Minus could be an Oldplay song if it wasn't from the production. The live version is amazing, thought. Too bad they won't probably ever play it again.

• Like 1

Fans of X&Y, listen up ! :)

I recently came across the Mexican bonus edition of X&Y. To my surprise (and my delight) on the DVD I found this interview about the recording of X&Y. I had never seen it before and it didn't seem to be on Youtube so I extracted it from the DVD and uploaded it there. I hope you enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsdc7ex4jKk

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/qsdc7ex4jKk

• Like 5

@ I ran away - thanks! Can't wait to watch. Have you seen the Live Leak video, including interviews? It was awesome, IMO. First time I heard Coldplay interviewed.

Fans of X&Y, listen up ! :)

I recently came across the Mexican bonus edition of X&Y. To my surprise (and my delight) on the DVD I found this interview about the recording of X&Y. I had never seen it before and it didn't seem to be on Youtube so I extracted it from the DVD and uploaded it there. I hope you enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsdc7ex4jKk

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/qsdc7ex4jKk

a9d8d18836e3445f08f8e7b17ba42a2b.jpg

@ I ran away - thanks! Can't wait to watch. Have you seen the Live Leak video, including interviews? It was awesome, IMO. First time I heard Coldplay interviewed.

Do you mean the MTV Live Leak 2005 ? Yeah, I've seen that !

@AMDB9 - Weird ! There are some short snippets of album tracks in it, but I wouldn't have thought that to be a problem. Can you use a proxy to access it ? Uploading took me about 17 hours, so it is a bit difficult to reupload it somewhere else.

OK, I just realized the video has been blocked worldwide because of the excerpt of the Speed of Sound video. Damn, it took me so long to upload this. I will re-upload it somewhere else as soon as I find the time. :(

OK, I just realized the video has been blocked worldwide because of the excerpt of the Speed of Sound video. Damn, it took me so long to upload this. I will re-upload it somewhere else as soon as I find the time. :(

Is it that large? In what format did you upload it?