✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Chris Martin's falsetto is probably the only falsetto in the world that I love ! :) His voice is so beautiful. Normally I don't like it when male singers sing high...

i was thinking about tagging you in that post because i know you love his falsetto! :P

i have a weakness for most falsetto in general... with Chris i actually love when he sings in his lower register maybe more than the falsetto, but the falsetto still gets me every time :wacky:

• Like 2

Chris Martin's falsetto is probably the only falsetto in the world that I love ! :) His voice is so beautiful. Normally I don't like it when male singers sing high...

Yeah it's probably his falsetto my favorite. He does it so well...

i was thinking about tagging you in that post because i know you love his falsetto! :P

i have a weakness for most falsetto in general... with Chris i actually love when he sings in his lower register maybe more than the falsetto, but the falsetto still gets me every time :wacky:

Yes, I am not much of a fan of his lower registers to be honest. But generally one of the best, if not the best contemporary voice in non-classical music !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Brothers and Sisters has been playing a lot recently on my phone. Pre-parachutes music has such a distinct style.

Yes ! The Pre-Parachutes songs are atmospherically so dense. They don't have the best production quality, sure, but I love them. They capture this feeling of melancholy and being young so well and make me feel nostalgic.

I still dream of finding the Safety EP CD for my collection on some flea market for $2 or something like that...although I know that's highly unlikely :D I have the original Fierce Panda pressing of Brothers and Sisters and the Blue Room EP at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Great ! Can you recommend a Youtube download website ? The one I was using for years recently stopped service for any video that contains music, no doubt due to copyright issues, and I have tried several others but they all fail when it comes to longer videos, or you cannot choose the quality.

yesssss, thank you for posting this!! downloaded it as soon as i saw it. i didn't realize before how hard it is to find this thing D;

Great ! Can you recommend a Youtube download website ? The one I was using for years recently stopped service for any video that contains music, no doubt due to copyright issues, and I have tried several others but they all fail when it comes to longer videos, or you cannot choose the quality.

i used this site: http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/

• Like 2

Two days ago I listened to Brothers and Sisters Live for the first time (don't know why it took me that long to do that :P)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1R0VbbnnWA

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1R0VbbnnWA

(The first track in this set. The second one is Bigger Stronger, so it's a really cool early set !)

• Like 3

It's not a site but this is a nice little tool

https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

Lots of flexibility but it's also just as easy as opening a command window in the same folder as the exe and typing: youtube-dl (URL)

You can also spoof geolocation if needed, but being in the US I wouldn't know.

• Like 1

Just wanna make a question: what do you think about the single version of Everglow?

I don't know, I feel quite strange about it: it hasn't got anything clearly wrong in the production or in the music, but there's something missing, it doesn't get me emotional.

Just wanna make a question: what do you think about the single version of Everglow?

I don't know, I feel quite strange about it: it hasn't got anything clearly wrong in the production or in the music, but there's something missing, it doesn't get me emotional.

Haven't got the chance to listen to it yet, will tell you my opinion later !

But did the album version get you emotional ?

Pretty good, better than the album version. I don't particularly like how dense the piano track is at times but the verses are nice.

Just listened to it. Hm. I was a strong critic of the song's fake drumbeat and effects when the album first came out, so in principle I think it works well as a piano/e-bow guitar solo, but unfortunately it is the shortened version ! And some of the best lines are cut out, like "How come things move on....like the end of my world". So I have to admit I don't really like this version either. Looks like this song is never going to grow on me, lol.

Haven't got the chance to listen to it yet, will tell you my opinion later !

But did the album version get you emotional ?

No, it didn't, but I liked it. Nothing exceptional but I think it's good. I thought that with a classic acoustic style like the new version it could've had an Oldplay feeling, but it hasn't.

I fear it's my fault, I got too distant from them

• Like 1