✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Looks like Chris has written some words in German on his hand.

Yeah, I've seen that too. It says "Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt" (You asked me and I said nothing). I googled it and they are lyrics from Rammstein - Du Hast, a song that Chris likes to cover at German concerts :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen that too. It says "Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt" (You asked me and I said nothing). I googled it and they are lyrics from Rammstein - Du Hast, a song that Chris likes to cover at German concerts :rolleyes:

Dilemma: a cover of Rammstein or one of those impromptu songs about the place they are playing (and I don't mean IMP [emoji14])

Ahhhh Chris covering "Du Hast" though... I also found this group of interviews but I have a fairly strong feeling most of you will have seen it already. But some parts of these are pretty interesting, especially the more deep kinda questions. I think in one of them Chris walks up to some kind of instrument (I can't remember what it was :') ) and plays a few notes and they sound like the beginning of everglow. Which is pretty interesting, like if he had that kind of song on his mind for this whole time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=ru8iY_sIHf0;list=PLTuZdVO5lp6RmHS2DB15Ba4w0KSzfEbYG

• Like 1

Nice article about Coldplay and how they changed on the german Rolling Stone website, written by somebody who could evidently be called an Oldplayer :D (although sloppily researched in some parts...). It's unfortunately in German, but perhaps you can read it using Google translate:

https://www.rollingstone.de/coldplay-sind-nicht-mehr-das-was-sie-mal-waren-937463/

Nice article about Coldplay and how they changed on the german Rolling Stone website, written by somebody who could evidently be called an Oldplayer :D (although sloppily researched in some parts...). It's unfortunately in German, but perhaps you can read it using Google translate:

https://www.rollingstone.de/coldplay-sind-nicht-mehr-das-was-sie-mal-waren-937463/

It's clearly written by an oldplayer (quite a fundamentalist one :D).

Even if I think that some sentences are too cruel, this article perfectly captures that sense of disillusion that long-term CP fans feel from 2011.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

You're not alone. I can't get into AHFOD whatsoever. Bought the album (only because I will always buy Coldplay's albums), have listened through it a dozen times, but simply cannot get into it. Doesn't have the same emotion to it. The one song from it I really like is the title track. The rest are really just, average. Not bad, but not noteworthy. X Marks the Spot and Fun are really, really mediocre releases. Up and Up and Everglow are pleasant, but still kind of just, meh. I don't know why they didn't include Miracles on the standard version of the album, it would've been maybe the best song on the album!

It's been a downward trajectory since after Mylo Xyloto, IMO. And the low critical acclaim (minus Pitchfork because, well, f*** Pitchfork and their snobby ass) and lack of awards show that. Ghost Stories was superior to AHFOD, but it still could have been a lot better. GS could've been a lot better with a more alt. rock feel to it. The emotion is there, and I like the intimacy of it that they were clearly aiming for, but it still feels like something is missing.

I truly don't see Coldplay making an album that doesn't include a pop/synth sound. It's really too bad, because they've proven they can hit the mainstream crowd without making songs with Beyonce, or the Chainsmokers, or Avicii, or Rihanna. Nothing against those artists, but I hate how the songs Coldplay are now known for are associated with them.

But I have faith they will still mix in their classic alternative sound here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not alone. I can't get into AHFOD whatsoever. Bought the album (only because I will always buy Coldplay's albums), have listened through it a dozen times, but simply cannot get into it. Doesn't have the same emotion to it. The one song from it I really like is the title track. The rest are really just, average. Not bad, but not noteworthy. X Marks the Spot and Fun are really, really mediocre releases. Up and Up and Everglow are pleasant, but still kind of just, meh. I don't know why they didn't include Miracles on the standard version of the album, it would've been maybe the best song on the album!

It's been a downward trajectory since after Mylo Xyloto, IMO. And the low critical acclaim (minus Pitchfork because, well, f*** Pitchfork and their snobby ass) and lack of awards show that. Ghost Stories was superior to AHFOD, but it still could have been a lot better. GS could've been a lot better with a more alt. rock feel to it. The emotion is there, and I like the intimacy of it that they were clearly aiming for, but it still feels like something is missing.

I truly don't see Coldplay making an album that doesn't include a pop/synth sound. It's really too bad, because they've proven they can hit the mainstream crowd without making songs with Beyonce, or the Chainsmokers, or Avicii, or Rihanna. Nothing against those artists, but I hate how the songs Coldplay are now known for are associated with them.

But I have faith they will still mix in their classic alternative sound here and there.

If you don't like Coldplay's new sound, then don't listen. Bands change. Coldplay fans should know how Chris views music. He's not trying to impress anyone. He sings about what's going on with the world and the band at that point in time. Times change also. Not to be offensive here but actual Coldplay fans accept the changes in the band. Obviously they will like some songs/albums more than others, but they will always listen to all Coldplay has to offer. To say you don't even know what some of the tracks sound like is horryfying in my opinion. If you don't like Coldplay's sound now, tough. It's who they are. It's a real shame because AHFOD is different in a amazing way. Open your minds and find new ways to accept the new sounds. It will make your lives amazing

If you don't like Coldplay's new sound, then don't listen. Bands change. Coldplay fans should know how Chris views music. He's not trying to impress anyone. He sings about what's going on with the world and the band at that point in time. Times change also. Not to be offensive here but actual Coldplay fans accept the changes in the band. Obviously they will like some songs/albums more than others, but they will always listen to all Coldplay has to offer. To say you don't even know what some of the tracks sound like is horryfying in my opinion. If you don't like Coldplay's sound now, tough. It's who they are. It's a real shame because AHFOD is different in a amazing way. Open your minds and find new ways to accept the new sounds. It will make your lives amazing

please don't use the phrase "actual Coldplay fans"

we don't need that kind of divisiveness in this fandom and on these boards. actual Coldplay fans are the people who like some part of Coldplay's music and decide to call themselves Coldplay fans. they don't have to like everything and they don't have to accept everything. i don't believe that being fans entitles us to demand anything from the band, either - it's their music to make and they'll make it how they want - but that doesn't remove everyone's right to discuss their opinions and particularly to talk in this thread about favoring the older music because that's what this thread is dedicated to.

• Like 3

please don't use the phrase "actual Coldplay fans"

we don't need that kind of divisiveness in this fandom. actual Coldplay fans are the people who like some part of Coldplay's music and decide to call themselves Coldplay fans. they don't have to like everything and they don't have to accept everything. i don't believe that being fans entitles us to demand anything from the band, either - it's their music to make and they'll make it how they want - but that doesn't remove everyone's right to discuss their opinions and particularly to talk in this thread about favoring the older music because that's what this thread is dedicated to.

I agree that they don't have to like all of the music, and it's okay to favor the older music. It's their opinion. But what I got from reading their replies was that they like one type of sound and thought that Coldplay was getting too influenced by today's pop music. In my opinion it's not their place to say that, where Chris has openly stated that Coldplay is all 9 albums. That is what Coldplay is. There are eras of Coldplay and different variations, but to say that they have changed and to barely listen to the new music is crazy.

And what I meant by "actual Coldplay fans" is that you can very well not like AHFOD, but to not even know what some tracks sound like is basically stating you didn't even give it a chance in the first place.

But what I got from reading their replies was that they like one type of sound and thought that Coldplay was getting too influenced by today's pop music. In my opinion it's not their place to say that, where Chris has openly stated that Coldplay is all 9 albums. That is what Coldplay is. There are eras of Coldplay and different variations, but to say that they have changed and to barely listen to the new music is crazy.

that makes very little sense to me, especially because your first post started by telling people that if they don't like the new sound they shouldn't listen. they shouldn't listen if they don't like it but can't talk about it if they barely listen? so... they can't talk about it if they don't like it.

i understand the feeling that maybe someone's just not giving the band a chance, but i promise you that the people who really aren't giving the band a chance are not the ones putting the effort into discussing it here.

and while it's good to know what an artist intends with their work, once they release it they have no more control over how it is viewed by the world. Chris can say whatever he wants (he's not the only person in the band anyway) but at the end of the day fans will interpret the music as they will - same thing is true that fans can say what they want and at the end of the day the band will do as they will :P

• Like 2

I worded my first response badly. By saying don't listen I meant if you have listened to the music and deliberately know you DO NOT like it, then dont listen anymore. I didn't mean don't listen to begin with. And I never said that they didn't give the band a chance, I said they didn't give the new albums a chance. If you can't tell me how a song goes then you can't say you don't like it in my opinion. You're misunderstanding me here. And yes people can interpret the music however they want it, but in the end, the true meaning is what the artists ( not just Chris ) have said about it. They have all talked openly about who they are as a a band. So you can say they are getting influenced if that's how you "interpret " it but it's going against what the band members have said themselves [emoji23] and yes I agree with you the band is going to do as they will regardless, which is why it's pointless to even be having this conversation. Listen to music, give it a chance, and if you don't like it, then you can actually discuss the matter and say you liked oldplay better. Frankly I like oldplay better too but I LOVE newplay as well. At first I didn't like ghost stories, but then I learned the lyrics and found deeper meanings in each line. Now ghost stories is my 2nd favorite album. Sorry for any confusions in my responses but in the end of the day I'm about talking with people who love this band as much as I do, not saying "oh I can't connect to Coldplay anymore because they are too pop-ish" it just drives me crazy. I didn't mean to offend anyone either but there's enough problems in our lives that we should just focus on the things we love ( the albums we love ) instead of hoping for something more from the band.

• Like 1

that makes very little sense to me, especially because your first post started by telling people that if they don't like the new sound they shouldn't listen. they shouldn't listen if they don't like it but can't talk about it if they barely listen? so... they can't talk about it if they don't like it.

i understand the feeling that maybe someone's just not giving the band a chance, but i promise you that the people who really aren't giving the band a chance are not the ones putting the effort into discussing it here.

and while it's good to know what an artist intends with their work, once they release it they have no more control over how it is viewed by the world. Chris can say whatever he wants (he's not the only person in the band anyway) but at the end of the day fans will interpret the music as they will - same thing is true that fans can say what they want and at the end of the day the band will do as they will :P

Forgot to quote this lol

I worded my first response badly. By saying don't listen I meant if you have listened to the music and deliberately know you DO NOT like it, then dont listen anymore. I didn't mean don't listen to begin with. And I never said that they didn't give the band a chance, I said they didn't give the new albums a chance. If you can't tell me how a song goes then you can't say you don't like it in my opinion. You're misunderstanding me here. And yes people can interpret the music however they want it, but in the end, the true meaning is what the artists ( not just Chris ) have said about it. They have all talked openly about who they are as a a band. So you can say they are getting influenced if that's how you "interpret " it but it's going against what the band members have said themselves [emoji23] and yes I agree with you the band is going to do as they will regardless, which is why it's pointless to even be having this conversation. Listen to music, give it a chance, and if you don't like it, then you can actually discuss the matter and say you liked oldplay better. Frankly I like oldplay better too but I LOVE newplay as well. At first I didn't like ghost stories, but then I learned the lyrics and found deeper meanings in each line. Now ghost stories is my 2nd favorite album. Sorry for any confusions in my responses but in the end of the day I'm about talking with people who love this band as much as I do, not saying "oh I can't connect to Coldplay anymore because they are too pop-ish" it just drives me crazy. I didn't mean to offend anyone either but there's enough problems in our lives that we should just focus on the things we love ( the albums we love ) instead of hoping for something more from the band.

i did mean giving the band a chance as giving them/their new albums a chance. we're obviously of different minds about how meaning is given to music or art in general, but in any case what you're saying about listening and then discussing - that's exactly what has been done here. the one person you might be referring to didn't say he doesn't know what the music sounds like, just that he hadn't listened to it in so long he almost couldn't remember.

i agree that it's much nicer when we can talk about the things we love rather than the things we don't love, but sometimes that happens in this thread and this is really the only place that frustration can be vented without judgement... usually. in the grand scheme of things, it's pointless to be having any conversation ever, it's just that you came into this thread with a post that seemed to have very strong opinions about what we should or should not discuss and how we should or should not discuss it. maybe it was just your wording and not your intention. but that's ok! let's move on and use this thread for its real purpose which is talking about old Coldplay stuff :P

you say GS is your second favorite album - which is your first?

• Like 1

i did mean giving the band a chance as giving them/their new albums a chance. we're obviously of different minds about how meaning is given to music or art in general, but in any case what you're saying about listening and then discussing - that's exactly what has been done here. the one person you might be referring to didn't say he doesn't know what the music sounds like, just that he hadn't listened to it in so long he almost couldn't remember.

i agree that it's much nicer when we can talk about the things we love rather than the things we don't love, but sometimes that happens in this thread and this is really the only place that frustration can be vented without judgement... usually. in the grand scheme of things, it's pointless to be having any conversation ever, it's just that you came into this thread with a post that seemed to have very strong opinions about what we should or should not discuss and how we should or should not discuss it. maybe it was just your wording and not your intention. but that's ok! let's move on and use this thread for its real purpose which is talking about old Coldplay stuff :P

you say GS is your second favorite album - which is your first?

It's hard to fully get your point across through screens. So if I offended anyone or came off as rude I'm really sorry but I just want Coldplay's greatness to be appreciated. Anyways, my favorite album is AROBTH. Such a beautiful album:). How about yours?

• Like 1

imo it's the most constructive and interesting thread on here, only one I really check anyways. coldplaying is a truly fantastic fansite/network but 99% is just not for me. Can't really stand the lightweight sugary stuff in other threads.

Welcome @Anna Rentz I assure you everyone in here has done their due diligence on new coldplay and Chris's statements. I think most people are just fed up of seeing honestly two different people over the years. I jokingly said during MX to a friend that Chris seemed and looked different from like Madrid 2011 and on. I can't put my finger on it but something between Rock am Ring 2010 and Madrid changed. Maybe it's total paranoia but it doesn't help when they legitimately turned a new leaf, and looking back probably the biggest new leaf in their history imo.

Most of his answers are just total fluff, but he still remains closed off enough that it's hard to say if he's even fed up with it or not. I think Chris has always liked a wide span of music but there's a difference between listening to A-Ha, Jay-Z, Flaming Lips, Oasis, REM; and top 40. Is he really that creatively bland now? Seems like it to me. I don't think he personally cares about the direction of Coldplay anymore, which would explain how completely empty their artistic direction has been. Ghost Stories was what, sad and black and white? No wait ASFOS is bright and colorful, wait isn't that AHFOD? But MX was about colors right?

In that respect I think Viva La Vida absolutely blows out every era after. Xylobands are nice but Jason Regler got the idea during X&Y. What else has MX/GS/AHFOD done to push them artistically? I guess I can give them Up&Up but where does it fit in with AFHOD? Where are the other "dream" allusions?

I don't think this is relevant to what you were talking about but I hope you can derive some knowledge from why most of us keep the thread going. I don't think it's really complaining, we still appreciate a lot of things they did, and maybe a few things they still do. I could at least concede if I felt they got better but I even disagree with that. Artistically, Critically, Technically, they're waning to me.

@I ran away

Nice to see people are still writing about them. I think the writer was maybe imposing a lot of things on the band that never were true. I think a lot of first two/parachutes fans unfairly judge VLV for being what it is but I always felt like it was their most succinct and complete album. arobtth is personally my favorite but If someone told me to give them the "best" album I'd hand it to VLV.

Actually the section

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF COLDPLAY ENDS THEIR CAREER?" (translated)

echos a lot of what I feel about them at the moment. Them being Chris of course. He's now more than ever at the center of the band's direction, maybe not even by choice, w j and g probably are long gone on caring anymore, I can't blame them if they are. The question is do they care and want to get a grip or are they content?

"I have to admit, I am now with Coldplay as well as with a good friend from the childhood, which you meet at a class meeting. Meanwhile, after a long period of suffering as a single, he got to know a woman, even a little rushed children with her. And now he does not want to talk about all the things that moved us together. Instead, he says that he has been preparing a new Slowfood, running every morning and playing the idea of freeing a street killer from a Romanian kennel for his own needs. And when he tells this, he seems to be seized by himself. Somehow, this makes every one of his cautious movements, he always wants to be cool.

You want to shake this guy and do not do it, because all the beautiful moments of the past have been too sticky to risk a lousy, corrosive comment on a much too long evening. Instead one will call less frequently, soon only once, twice a year. No break because it was not necessary. But the bitter flicker of a disappointed love.

Coldplay have suggested that "A Head Full Of Dreams" could be followed by more records. Perhaps they are back to their musical roots. I do not give up hope. Even if it is hard."

end quote

Poorly translated but that one hurts to read

• Like 3

imo it's the most constructive and interesting thread on here, only one I really check anyways. coldplaying is a truly fantastic fansite/network but 99% is just not for me. Can't really stand the lightweight sugary stuff in other threads.

Welcome @Anna Rentz I assure you everyone in here has done their due diligence on new coldplay and Chris's statements. I think most people are just fed up of seeing honestly two different people over the years. I jokingly said during MX to a friend that Chris seemed and looked different from like Madrid 2011 and on. I can't put my finger on it but something between Rock am Ring 2010 and Madrid changed. Maybe it's total paranoia but it doesn't help when they legitimately turned a new leaf, and looking back probably the biggest new leaf in their history imo.

Most of his answers are just total fluff, but he still remains closed off enough that it's hard to say if he's even fed up with it or not. I think Chris has always liked a wide span of music but there's a difference between listening to A-Ha, Jay-Z, Flaming Lips, Oasis, REM; and top 40. Is he really that creatively bland now? Seems like it to me. I don't think he personally cares about the direction of Coldplay anymore, which would explain how completely empty their artistic direction has been. Ghost Stories was what, sad and black and white? No wait ASFOS is bright and colorful, wait isn't that AHFOD? But MX was about colors right?

In that respect I think Viva La Vida absolutely blows out every era after. Xylobands are nice but Jason Regler got the idea during X&Y. What else has MX/GS/AHFOD done to push them artistically? I guess I can give them Up&Up but where does it fit in with AFHOD? Where are the other "dream" allusions?

I don't think this is relevant to what you were talking about but I hope you can derive some knowledge from why most of us keep the thread going. I don't think it's really complaining, we still appreciate a lot of things they did, and maybe a few things they still do. I could at least concede if I felt they got better but I even disagree with that. Artistically, Critically, Technically, they're waning to me.

@I ran away

Nice to see people are still writing about them. I think the writer was maybe imposing a lot of things on the band that never were true. I think a lot of first two/parachutes fans unfairly judge VLV for being what it is but I always felt like it was their most succinct and complete album. arobtth is personally my favorite but If someone told me to give them the "best" album I'd hand it to VLV.

Actually the section

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF COLDPLAY ENDS THEIR CAREER?" (translated)

echos a lot of what I feel about them at the moment. Them being Chris of course. He's now more than ever at the center of the band's direction, maybe not even by choice, w j and g probably are long gone on caring anymore, I can't blame them if they are. The question is do they care and want to get a grip or are they content?

"I have to admit, I am now with Coldplay as well as with a good friend from the childhood, which you meet at a class meeting. Meanwhile, after a long period of suffering as a single, he got to know a woman, even a little rushed children with her. And now he does not want to talk about all the things that moved us together. Instead, he says that he has been preparing a new Slowfood, running every morning and playing the idea of freeing a street killer from a Romanian kennel for his own needs. And when he tells this, he seems to be seized by himself. Somehow, this makes every one of his cautious movements, he always wants to be cool.

You want to shake this guy and do not do it, because all the beautiful moments of the past have been too sticky to risk a lousy, corrosive comment on a much too long evening. Instead one will call less frequently, soon only once, twice a year. No break because it was not necessary. But the bitter flicker of a disappointed love.

Coldplay have suggested that "A Head Full Of Dreams" could be followed by more records. Perhaps they are back to their musical roots. I do not give up hope. Even if it is hard."

end quote

Poorly translated but that one hurts to read

I respectfully disagree with a good portion of things said here. I have alot of things going on today so I'll keep my response short. Ive been following Coldplay forever now and its such a pleasure to have knowledge on a subject to the point where you can discuss things in such depth like we are here. I used to check this site on the internet alot, but never actually got the app. I followed Coldplay fans and read articles in literally every site though. Most people I've dealt with are people that adore the ban each and every way and are so diverse in the music they like. I love it because it seems to be that those people love the band as much as I do. It just makes me sad that some people are always creating new problems to talk about with the band. The old stuff is great. The new stuff is great. If you listen to the lyrics and really open your mind you can discover a whole new world. I'm genuinely sorry that you can't connect with the new albums as much as most of us can. All of coldplay's music is gold to me. I can't imagine connecting this much to music from any other artist. The media spins up so many things these days. The part where you said j w and g probably don't care anymore really blows my mind. Things are so much more complicated in your mind than it needs to be. Chris isnt some egotistic maniac. J w and g arent just some nobody's that don't care about their jobs anymore or are just done with the Coldplay thing. They are Coldplay. They make good songs, THEIR SONGS. Not what the audience wants to hear. They combine their personal problems with making good sounds for the band. It just so happens that this music is great and the fans love it. They aren't trying to fool anybody. People create so many unnecessary problems in this world it's unreal. Ive seen what the Coldplay fandom is like. People are so accepting and look forward to new news everyday with the band. Some things I hear being said now are unreal to me. The other threads I've seen ( some very light topics as you have mentioned ) are just out of pure love for the band. It's fun. It's great. It's about music. I know you'll probably say "well then dont read this thread" but I just thought id share some of my knowledge. In many times in life I've learned to just keep it simple. You can either skim over my words and never think of it again or you can start living your life to the fullest and being open minded. This is not just to the account I responded to. I love so many people in the Coldplay fandom and I really hope I can talk to all of you guys about the greatness and exitements of Coldplay also. I typed this so fast so if there is any misunderstandings just ask.

I originally didn't want to reply because everything necessary has already been well said by @coldplayisawesome, but just a few things, especially in response to your latest post, @Anna Rentz:

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything the band do. I would even argue that for a fandom to be considered mature and alive it is necessary to encompass a diversity of opinions and among these critical ones. You imply at several points that the people posting here don't love the band as much as you do, haven't listened to the new songs or listened to the lyrics properly, are closed-minded.

You'd probably be surprised to hear that the people you find here know almost every lyric from every song by heart, anticipate and listen to every release with an open mind, i.e. give it a chance, and, I can at least say that for myself, could also never connect to another artist in the way we do to Coldplay - in other words, we are all huge Coldplay fans !

About being open to like other music, I don't think the problem is so much that Coldplay drifted into pop, it's more the kind of pop they are doing - for most of us the last albums were mainly trite, uninspired and actually did not contain good pop songs, especially AHFOD. We have high expectations from Coldplay because they used to be brilliant, and we are disappointed when the latest results/singles sounds like your average top 40 charts song. And when something artistically sound comes out like Ghost Story, Hypnotised or AICTAIY, we give it proper appreciation.

In fact, what I would find to be dangerously close to 'closed-mindedness' would be unreflected adoration of "the band each and every way", as you say. Clearly, our ideas of what being a fan entails differ a lot.

And I'm not gonna tell you not to read this thread, everyone is welcome to read and comment the discussion here.

• Like 3

I originally didn't want to reply because everything necessary has already been well said by @coldplayisawesome, but just a few things, especially in response to your latest post, @Anna Rentz:

Being a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything the band do. I would even argue that for a fandom to be considered mature and alive it is necessary to encompass a diversity of opinions and among these critical ones. You imply at several points that the people posting here don't love the band as much as you do, haven't listened to the new songs or listened to the lyrics properly, are closed-minded.

You'd probably be surprised to hear that the people you find here know almost every lyric from every song by heart, anticipate and listen to every release with an open mind, i.e. give it a chance, and, I can at least say that for myself, could also never connect to another artist in the way we do to Coldplay - in other words, we are all huge Coldplay fans !

About being open to like other music, I don't think the problem is so much that Coldplay drifted into pop, it's more the kind of pop they are doing - for most of us the last albums were mainly trite, uninspired and actually did not contain good pop songs, especially AHFOD. We have high expectations from Coldplay because they used to be brilliant, and we are disappointed when the latest results/singles sounds like your average top 40 charts song. And when something artistically sound comes out like Ghost Story, Hypnotised or AICTAIY, we give it proper appreciation.

In fact, what I would find to be dangerously close to 'closed-mindedness' would be unreflected adoration of "the band each and every way", as you say. Clearly, our ideas of what being a fan entails differ a lot.

And I'm not gonna tell you not to read this thread, everyone is welcome to read and comment the discussion here.

I agree. Discussions are good for a fanbase. I never said everyone needs to love EVERYTHING the band says. I have just seen alot of comments in which I think people aren't giving the songs enough of a chance. You seem to think I've said this applies to everyone, where it certainly does not. There are plenty of people I have talked to on here, and in general in the fandom that while having varied opinions, all gave the songs a fair chance. So if the close minded thing doesn't apply to you, ( it only applies to some ) , please don't comment. Also, I don't personally adore everything that the band does. There are several things that I don't love about Coldplay, while many that I do love. I don't think we are different in our thinking for what being a fan entails, I just think you misunderstood me. Don't assume everything I say in my responses applies to everyone. Anyways, viva la vida just came on the radio!! Got to go haha

Forgot to mention this... I love their old music a bit more but I love finding meanings in the newer music. It's different. I think some people don't really like that, and that's okay. As long as you give it a chance I'm fine with it.

It's hard to fully get your point across through screens. So if I offended anyone or came off as rude I'm really sorry but I just want Coldplay's greatness to be appreciated. Anyways, my favorite album is AROBTH. Such a beautiful album:). How about yours?

my favorite is actually a tie between X&Y and Mylo Xyloto :heart_eyes: so as you can see, i'm not quite an Oldplayer as such :P but i like coming to this thread because it's a great way to look back on the Coldplay i first knew and talk about the old stuff that doesn't get talked about too much elsewhere

Interesting. I never thought of this thread this way. Thanks cia

i don't want to take credit for that because i'm pretty sure i heard it from someone else in this thread at one point. :P