✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

• 2 weeks later...

Just an aliennnnnn

Not bad and if you didn't hype it up to be the second coming of Death and All His Friends it's even more enjoyable. This and AICTAIY are head and shoulders above hypnotized imo. Haven't heard miracles yet but I'm gonna hazard a truly wild guess that it isn't that good.

So the EP. AICTAIY is promising but ruined by the production. ALIENS is good too but it has MX written all over it. If nothing else, ALIENS has made me realise how disjointed MX was in retrospect. Neither rank anywhere near the Oldplay stuff. The rest is very much AHFOD era Coldplay. Hypnotised is the most traditional sounding sure, but it's still coated in that modern Coldplay cheese.

More listens more thoughts

Crazy that it was that super cool group vocal bit from south bank but hey is it any surprise that a VLV era recording is the basis for a great song. It feels like they can layer songs again without pushing them into each other.

A L I E N S in one song pretty much struck down all of AHFOD. It's a better closing track than Up&Up, and more catchy than AOAL. Chris is respecting his voice and not reaching for notes we know he has issues hitting live, the highest note in his register before falsetto doesn't sound nearly as high as Everglow, ASFOS, etc, although he seems to still do alright with those I'm sure even he appreciates the respite.

Crazy that it's restored my confidence in them this much. I do like AICTAIY but it was decidedly newplay, albeit good. I don't think aliens is a brand new direction or really that out there but it's certainly AHFOD's shining champion.

• Like 2

I really love ALIENS. Upon first listen I couldn't believe this was Coldplay, and I felt the song to be a bit inaccessible and hard to grasp, but I felt it would be a grower and indeed after not even a day that it's out I can't stop listening to it. It has such a beautiful underlying sadness, and Chris's vocals sound very clear (ahem AICTAIY, i'm looking at you !!), almost like they used to sound earlier. Love this song. Along with Hypnotised my top two of Kaleidoscope EP (AICTAIY would be up there too if it weren't so awfully produced in the studio version)

I really love ALIENS. Upon first listen I couldn't believe this was Coldplay, and I felt the song to be a bit inaccessible and hard to grasp, but I felt it would be a grower and indeed after not even a day that it's out I can't stop listening to it. It has such a beautiful underlying sadness, and Chris's vocals sound very clear (ahem AICTAIY, i'm looking at you !!), almost like they used to sound earlier. Love this song. Along with Hypnotised my top two of Kaleidoscope EP (AICTAIY would be up there too if it weren't so awfully produced in the studio version)

Yeah, he gets a chorus effect for a bit but it's great it's mostly unintrusive during verses.

I read on a YT comment that this song was a leftover from the VLV era...

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

It has roots dating to at least 2009. We could call Violet Hill a pre-para leftover but I don't think that's accurate. Songs incubate sometimes.

• Like 4

I haven't listened to Coldplay for years but just popped on here after hearing AICT. I think it's a great track and it was memorable for me after the first listen (despite the awful production). But it wears its inspirations very obviously on its sleeve - Pictures of You by The Cure, their own Atlas, the later piano from Clocks, much of the rhythm and energy from Yes (and the live version towards the end the live extended version of Yes). It's completely derivative, safe and nothing they didn't beat on VLV almost ten years ago, but pretty decent (awful mixing aside).

I think that the song as a whole is fine (that piano brings in AROBTTH vibes), but the lyrics seem a bit poorly wrote and flat. Like what's the point of a "Lone poor shoe; I want to walk into two"? At least we've got an Eno collab to look forward to on the EP, if it's any good that is.

On the face of it it's an obvious heartfelt love plea allegory that someone here on Earth shouldn't be just one shoe from what should be a pair, which all sounds very sweet.

However there's a deeper meaning imo.

Look into masonic signs for one or two shoes missing and what that means. Also google 'order out of chaos' (also in the song ofc).

Lots of other things about this band, particularly since MX came out - too much to list here. 3 is a very occult number so just look at the 3rd down line of the MX (which is a magickal symbol itself) cover. 'OTO'. Google that.

Sorry. I have far more evidence than this, but a fansite probably isn't the place to spill it, and I really don't mean to upset anyone, but sometimes the truth hurts alas.

• Like 1

If there's a thing I hate about them in their post-Viva eras is that they release their best songs in EPs or as b-sides.

A L I E N S, All I Can Think About Is You and Hypnotised are good songs, just like were All Your Friends, Ghost Story and Moving To Mars....

Next year will be 10 years from the last good LP they managed to produce....

• Like 1

If there's a thing I hate about them in their post-Viva eras is that they release their best songs in EPs or as b-sides.

A L I E N S, All I Can Think About Is You and Hypnotised are good songs, just like were All Your Friends, Ghost Story and Moving To Mars....

Next year will be 10 years from the last good LP they managed to produce....

To be fair, Coldplay has a habit of putting some of their best work on either an EP or on B-sides. Of course, we've never had to deal with three strait disappointing albums (although, I am of the opinion that GS is a better album than X&Y, but that's just like... my opinion man).

It's... disheartening and frustrating to be sure. I was trying to describe it to my brother last night, who loves Coldplay. It's so infuriating to be a fan of theirs, because you know what they're capable of music-wise. You know how much talent they have and that keeps getting reinforced through releases like this, but then gets thrown back in your face with works like SJLT and M(SS). It's MADDENING.

• Like 1

Checking up on what people are saying it's pretty evident critically people are practically spelling out to them to get out of the funk they're in. In the grand scheme of it AICTAIY isn't even THAT good but they've been so bad recently it's a sign of light, A L I E N S on the other hand is just straight up good.

@frostbitepanda

GS > X&Y isn't too crazy to me actually because I've always seen X&Y as their weakest old album. What If is boring as hell to me and Speed of Sound is my least favorite oldplay track by far. GS has a few tracks I really do like but X&Y still holds out to me, the lows of A Sky Full Of Stars are far lower than SoS

Fair, I can agree to that.

I don't know if I've ever met someone with my particular disdain for X&Y. I just feel like, overall, the songwriting on GS was leagues better than anything on X&Y. You call "What If" boring--- that whole album with the exception X&Y (song) and maybe Twisted Logic is boring as hell. And, I think SFoS is a better song than my personal least favorite from X&Y (and, like, ever)-- The Hardest Part (even typing out the name of that song made me clench my jaw a bit).

I think that GS is a decent album too, but I don't agree when you talk about X&Y being a bad album, it's the one where they put their true souls out, it's always been too underappreciated imho, but it's a personal opinion

• Like 2

I think that GS is a decent album too, but I don't agree when you talk about X&Y being a bad album, it's the one where they put their true souls out, it's always been too underappreciated imho, but it's a personal opinion

Huh. Their true souls on X&Y? Can you explain a bit more as to why you think that? I'm just curious!

Huh. Their true souls on X&Y? Can you explain a bit more as to why you think that? I'm just curious!

Lyrically speaking, it's the most introspective album they've made, with a large amount of existentials questions, anxiety, self-consciousness. It's the era in which they ask to themselves what they want to become, achieve in life, what they really are.

You can say that also in their previous albums they made something similar, but I think they never reached the level of uncertainty of X&Y songs

• Like 2

On the face of it it's an obvious heartfelt love plea allegory that someone here on Earth shouldn't be just one shoe from what should be a pair, which all sounds very sweet.

Look into masonic signs for one or two shoes missing and what that means. Also google 'order out of chaos' (also in the song ofc).

Lots of other things about this band, particularly since MX came out - too much to list here. 3 is a very occult number so just look at the 3rd down line of the MX (which is a magickal symbol itself) cover. 'OTO'. Google that.

Sorry. I have far more evidence than this, but a fansite probably isn't the place to spill it, and I really don't mean to upset anyone, but sometimes the truth hurts alas.

I've seen some videos like that, not just the joke ones, talking about their affiliations and all the signs in their music. I'm not too fixated on the subject but when exactly is this mass new world government going to strike?

I've seen some videos like that, not just the joke ones, talking about their affiliations and all the signs in their music. I'm not too fixated on the subject but when exactly is this mass new world government going to strike?

I haven't listened to Coldplay for years but just popped on here after hearing AICT. I think it's a great track and it was memorable for me after the first listen (despite the awful production). But it wears its inspirations very obviously on its sleeve - Pictures of You by The Cure, their own Atlas, the later piano from Clocks, much of the rhythm and energy from Yes (and the live version towards the end the live extended version of Yes). It's completely derivative, safe and nothing they didn't beat on VLV almost ten years ago, but pretty decent (awful mixing aside).

Spill the beans

• Like 1

According to random conspiracies Coldplay are devil worshippers under the radar contributing to a mass globalized totalitarian system that is soon to emerge, and I'm still standing here looking at my watch waiting for something to happen. Those are some of the beans.

Every time some famous person makes an odd gesture it's automatically assumed it's because a demon probably told them

This belongs in the illuminati thread lmao.

• Like 3