✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

The old stuff is great. The new stuff is great.

I don't think keeping it simple is generating any meaningful discussion. That's obviously your opinion but to me I know what I know and generalizing their music as good would be like closing my eyes and covering my ears. Maybe it's best to withhold some opinions in the thread if you haven't read a fair share of it. I assure you we've had this discussion a few times now and you'd even find that I like a handful of new tracks.

• Like 1

I don't think keeping it simple is generating any meaningful discussion. That's obviously your opinion but to me I know what I know and generalizing their music as good would be like closing my eyes and covering my ears. Maybe it's best to withhold some opinions in the thread if you haven't read a fair share of it. I assure you we've had this discussion a few times now and you'd even find that I like a handful of new tracks.

I'm basing my response off personal experiences with keeping things simple, not just opinion. Also it's a bit annoying when you explain yourself thoroughly and someone misinterpretes your explanation completely [emoji23] I wrote about how we should take the band's actions and intentions more simply. Never said when we listen to music we shouldnt examine in in detail. I examine every note in each song in detail, so that is not what I meant at all. I meant that we should all be open minded with the music, and not think so much about the reasons they sound the way they do. Imo it is pointless to examine each move by the band under the microscope and then make assumptions from it. For example, saying Jonny will and guy don't care about the band anymore [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek: we're on page 136!

I'm basing my response off personal experiences with keeping things simple, not just opinion. Also it's a bit annoying when you explain yourself thoroughly and someone misinterpretes your explanation completely [emoji23] I wrote about how we should take the band's actions and intentions more simply. Never said when we listen to music we shouldnt examine in in detail. I examine every note in each song in detail, so that is not what I meant at all. I meant that we should all be open minded with the music, and not think so much about the reasons they sound the way they do. Imo it is pointless to examine each move by the band under the microscope and then make assumptions from it. For example, saying Jonny will and guy don't care about the band anymore [emoji23][emoji23]

just curious, how long have you been a fan of the band? i only ask because as someone who has been a fan for a very long time, i feel like the action of, as you say, "examining each move by the band under the microscope" comes unintentionally. like, experiencing the band's actions as they happen over time and living through the changes, you just sort of pick up on things that might seem really subtle in the moment but collectively point toward something.

there also is value, i think, in talking about the band themselves as people and how they produce their work. after all, i don't call myself a fan of Coldplay's music, i call myself a fan of Coldplay. for a lot of us, it's about much more than just the music (which could be why some people take it harder than others when the band does something that lets them down and why they are so critical in those instances)

:eek: we're on page 136!

just curious, how long have you been a fan of the band? i only ask because as someone who has been a fan for a very long time, i feel like the action of, as you say, "examining each move by the band under the microscope" comes unintentionally. like, experiencing the band's actions as they happen over time and living through the changes, you just sort of pick up on things that might seem really subtle in the moment but collectively point toward something.

there also is value, i think, in talking about the band themselves as people and how they produce their work. after all, i don't call myself a fan of Coldplay's music, i call myself a fan of Coldplay. for a lot of us, it's about much more than just the music (which could be why some people take it harder than others when the band does something that lets them down and why they are so critical in those instances)

How long have I been a fan of the band?? Is that supposed to be an insult? If it is that's very hurtful because Coldplay is the only bright thing in my life right now and I like coming on this site because I felt as if I wouldnt be judged. I started following the band at around 2002. After being a fan for so long, yes you notice every single thing the band does, but that doesn't mean you have to assume the meanings of their actions. Once again, saying Jonny Guy and Will don't even care about the band anymore is an assumption. It's very easy to assume things, and in the end it drives you crazy because you don't know the real answer. This goes back to what I said about simplicity. Don't make things more difficult than they have to be. It's music guys, enjoy it. And also on your other point, it's one thing to be disappointed about the band's work but it's another to not be open to anything new. I wanted to share my opinion about that. Saying people should be open to something new DOES NOT MEAN "Everyone on this thread is close minded ", as it was interpreted before.

How long have I been a fan of the band?? Is that supposed to be an insult? If it is that's very hurtful because Coldplay is the only bright thing in my life right now and I like coming on this site because I felt as if I wouldnt be judged. I started following the band at around 2002. After being a fan for so long, yes you notice every single thing the band does, but that doesn't mean you have to assume the meanings of their actions. Once again, saying Jonny Guy and Will don't even care about the band anymore is an assumption. It's very easy to assume things, and in the end it drives you crazy because you don't know the real answer. This goes back to what I said about simplicity. Don't make things more difficult than they have to be. It's music guys, enjoy it. And also on your other point, it's one thing to be disappointed about the band's work but it's another to not be open to anything new. I wanted to share my opinion about that. Saying people should be open to something new DOES NOT MEAN "Everyone on this thread is close minded ", as it was interpreted before.

you can complain all you want about people misinterpreting your poorly worded statements, i literally told you the reason i wanted to know. :P no insult or judgement. people have different experiences watching the band evolve whether they saw it while it was happening or just recently discovered them and are looking back on years worth of content with fresh eyes.

no, you don't HAVE to do anything. all i was saying is that it happens without trying. so... it's simpler to just let it happen. :P

you can complain all you want about people misinterpreting your poorly worded statements, i literally told you the reason i wanted to know. :P no insult or judgement. people have different experiences watching the band evolve whether they saw it while it was happening or just recently discovered them and are looking back on years worth of content with fresh eyes.

no, you don't HAVE to do anything. all i was saying is that it happens without trying. so... it's simpler to just let it happen. :P

Exactly.. you let it happen but that doesn't mean you have to assume the purposes of the bands actions. How many times do I have to say it

Is it possible that someone had an open mind and decided they didn't like MX/GS/AHFOD? I'd say out of those albums I actually do like maybe 9 songs. Primarily from MX and GS. MX was originally fine by me in the VLV afterglow but as time went on I started to realize I didn't really enjoy it the same.

It's actually unfortunate that MX came before AHFOD. I think if LP5 was AHFOD and LP7 was MX most of us would say they're on the upswing. AHFOD just really, really magnifies the newplay/oldplay paradigm. Even if KEP is above AHFOD in my personal tastes the stench of the era permeates through it.

"requests" and half hearted renditions of long time fan favorites? Looks really good when you can cover songs better than your own. Alleged vocal tracking? Never thought I'd see it but it's pretty convincing to me, yet somehow people found a way to excuse it. Like I said there's a lot of little things that lead us to page 136 so if you're confused why you're getting these responses that's probably why.

• Like 2

Is it possible that someone had an open mind and decided they didn't like MX/GS/AHFOD? I'd say out of those albums I actually do like maybe 9 songs. Primarily from MX and GS. MX was originally fine by me in the VLV afterglow but as time went on I started to realize I didn't really enjoy it the same.

It's actually unfortunate that MX came before AHFOD. I think if LP5 was AHFOD and LP7 was MX most of us would say they're on the upswing. AHFOD just really, really magnifies the newplay/oldplay paradigm. Even if KEP is above AHFOD in my personal tastes the stench of the era permeates through it.

"requests" and half hearted renditions of long time fan favorites? Looks really good when you can cover songs better than your own. Alleged vocal tracking? Never thought I'd see it but it's pretty convincing to me, yet somehow people found a way to excuse it. Like I said there's a lot of little things that lead us to page 136 so if you're confused why you're getting these responses that's probably why.

I know most people have open minds. I was talking to a few people not everyone

I don't have any of my real personal info on here, I used to have a different account but forgot my password

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned in other threads how I've been a Coldplay fan for 14 years before. Why do we need to bring personal info into this anyways? Don't think I've been a fan for that long? Do I care?[emoji23]

I don't have any of my real personal info on here, I used to have a different account but forgot my password

If you send a PM to [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] I'm pretty sure he can reset the password of your "old" account.

If you send a PM to [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] I'm pretty sure he can reset the password of your "old" account.

That doesn't even have anything to do with my claim? What does my account have to do with any of this? Even my age?

That doesn't even have anything to do with my claim? What does my account have to do with any of this? Even my age?

Erm, sorry?

I was just trying to be helpful in recovering your old password. Since you said you forgot it and had to create a new account.

But if you want to keep the new account, that's fine with me.

What does my account have to do with any of this? Even my age?

Nothing. It just stood out to me that out of the two statements (fan since 2002 and born in 2002) one of them could not be true, and I just wanted to find out which one.

Nothing. It just stood out to me that out of the two statements (fan since 2002 and born in 2002) one of them could not be true, and I just wanted to find out which one.

you're not really alive until you become a fan of Coldplay ;) :joy:

anyway, here is a cool video i just found which i think is a little funny because Chris is wearing a baseball cap. "We Never Change" huh? :P

• Like 1

Oh okay. Yeah Im not really about giving away my info online. I didn't know your name could appear on this site quite honestly, I thought it was just a blog kind of [emoji23] I might create a new account with a new username so my name isnt given out. I think it's even creepier that all personal info is given out on this site. One of the reasons I usually just fill out random info anyways

you're not really alive until you become a fan of Coldplay ;) :joy:

anyway, here is a cool video i just found which i think is a little funny because Chris is wearing a baseball cap. "We Never Change" huh? :P

Haha. Where do you go to find Coldplay news? I use all social media for mine but I wanted to know if there is anywhere where you can actually set notifications on for Coldplay news

I didn't know your name could appear on this site quite honestly[...]I think it's even creepier that all personal info is given out on this site. One of the reasons I usually just fill out random info anyways

I don't usually not give away that much either. In the profile settings you can choose which info you want to display and not. For instance I chose my birthday not to be displayed. As for the username, that you can choose yourself. I mean I'm not called I Ran Away in real life :joy:

• Like 3

• Administrators
I don't usually not give away that much either. In the profile settings you can choose which info you want to display and not. For instance I chose my birthday not to be displayed. As for the username, that you can choose yourself. I mean I'm not called I Ran Away in real life :joy:

Wait.... your name isn't I Ran Away in real life!!!???! MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A LIE! I can change any of your personal info if needed, just PM me. If I don't answer the first time just keep bugging me until I do. I should be less busy from now on

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...