✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

the most mysterious Coldplay song, yet still sounds so incredible. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

A View From The Top is one of my favourite Coldplay songs ! I often listen to it despite the awful quality of this soundcheck recording. The main melody and the chorus are so awesome, I cannot understand why this was never properly recorded and released. These are things that I don't understand...

Gravity is so beautiful and gives me the feels (in the Coldplay version; the Embrace version is too fast and sung without feeling)

Another favorite of mine: Things I Don't Understand. Beautiful melody and lyrics.

[video=youtube;G2o5W--LhhA]

Things I don't understand is my favorite B-side! Will's drumming is on another level. [emoji173]️ how you see the world is another one of my favorites.[emoji173]️

^Did the guys ever say why they decided to stop releasing b-sides? Was it just kind of an unspoken thing to phase out since the rest of the music world moved away from them also?

Honestly, a non-miniscule percentage of my favorite Coldplay songs are b-sides. In some cases I would even consider some of them to be better than songs on their respective albums. Like, half the songs on ARoBttH could have been replaced with b-sides from that era and the album would be just as phenomenal. Same with Viva--most of the Prospekt's March songs are just absolutely amazing (if those can be considered b-sides).

Listening to don't panic right now, and it really is crazy how much they have changed from parachutes to now.

[video=youtube;KDm-0oNRTeI]

even more from this one

...and then they ask why I hate so much their newest outputs. Not everybody understands what good music is

Coldplay have become a MONSTER.

(Yay for hyperbole)

*GASP*

b-but is it at least a cute monster? :O

Where is my band ?

I saw you come out of good music

Maybe in A Head Full Of Dreams

Something that never comes

Calling “where is my band?”

I have seen you so often

I cry “where is my band?”

Oh, have you all forgotten?

(a virtual cookie for those who know this song...but then probably, all Oldplayers know it !)

I don't think any rock fandom is as forgiving as Coldplaying.

They aren't. I don't think Coldplay have a particularly solid fandom. The perfect term to describe Coldplay fans is "buoyant". Being a generational band and following mainstream trends leads to people becoming interested and disinterested almost constantly. I know people who were mad about the band around 2004 or around VLV but don't even buy the band's records anymore. Personally MX was the last album I purchased and VLV the last tour I watched them live.

So it's not so much that people are forgiving, but mostly, contrary to what you experience with LP Underground or U2 fandom for example, with Coldplay people don't hold interest for very long.

And I cannot tell you how much I love Gravity. One of the most breathtaking pieces of music ever written. I really love the nostalgia we get here :)

Moving to Mars is also a wonderful song in my opinion... lol sometimes Coldplay b sides are so much better than the songs on their LPs

The best b sides vs the least favourite songs on the lps...

Such A Rush>Sparks

I Ran Away>The Scientist

Gravity>Til Kingdom Come

Glass Of Water>DAAF

Moving To Mars>Up In Flames

All Your Friends>Another's Arms

[video=youtube;KDm-0oNRTeI]

even more from this one

...and then they ask why I hate so much their newest outputs. Not everybody understands what good music is

This version of Don't Panic is incredible. So underrated imo.

It is so atmospheric and dreamy, everything a new Coldplay song should be like. Also this sounds more liquid ambience if youse know what I mean;)