✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I'm loving this thread.

I think of Prospekt's March as the last Oldplay release. It's a neat EP and I'm aware it's mostly leftovers from the Viva sessions, but in retrospect it felt like the beginning of the end. I remember hearing Glass of Water for the first time and thinking it was a little too poppy and upbeat in an over-the-top bombastic way for my tastes. Still a good song, but slightly concerning. Then of course there was Lost+ with Jay Z, need I say more? I kind of hoped these would be one offs as it was something of a b-sides collection but lo and behold, three years later MX went further in that direction.

For what it's worth I thought that GS was a huge improvement, and I'm approaching AHFOD with an open mind. MX was a terrible album though, and there's no way around that for me. Such an enormous downwards leap from a band with so much promise.

I just want Coldplay to keep making albums and alright take me on this fun ride with the new music but then come back around to their start. There's always hope, I know they have it in them to create more beautiful music that captivates us like the old but also innovates their sound.

I don't hate it. My expectations were very low so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard a riff and a funky groove. Can all the Oldplayers agree it's a step up from ASFOS at least?

As far as the album goes, I'm really happy to see Noely G there. The fact he even associated himself with the album would tell me it's going to be okay at the very least. I'm an occasional lurker on Oasis forums and I can only imagine the vitriol this is going to receive. The contempt for Coldplay in those quarters is unbelievable.

Beyonce can drive off a cliff :rolleyes: No doubt the POC of this album.

Is the Gwyneth "Yoko Ono" Paltrow thing confirmed? (Please no)

• Like 1

I don't hate it. My expectations were very low so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard a riff and a funky groove. Can all the Oldplayers agree it's a step up from ASFOS at least?

As far as the album goes, I'm really happy to see Noely G there. The fact he even associated himself with the album would tell me it's going to be okay at the very least. I'm an occasional lurker on Oasis forums and I can only imagine the vitriol this is going to receive. The contempt for Coldplay in those quarters is unbelievable.

Yes, it's better than ASFOS. I like also like it better than ETIAW and Paradise because the production isn't heavy like those two songs. It's light and funky.

Yep. I was hoping for this type of a dance song, glad it's not edm again. Some of the production could be a bit less though. Before the release I was thinking of groovy songs I like, like these:

<iframe width="360" height="215" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u2XXi5u7gXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

<iframe width="360" height="215" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ThPkg77sv7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess it's kind of that direction, which I don't mind. It will fit nicely with them in a playlist lol. Of course not as organic and I do think those 2 songs above are overal better songs, but anyway I can surely enjoy AOAL.

Chris on the sirius fm interview:

Interviewer: "What was something Coldplay 2015 did that maybe, Coldplay 2005 wasn't evolved into yet?"

Chris: "We wanted to let go the concept of being a rock band"

It's over guys. We lost.

I heard that and was very sad....

Chris on the sirius fm interview:

Interviewer: "What was something Coldplay 2015 did that maybe, Coldplay 2005 wasn't evolved into yet?"

Chris: "We wanted to let go the concept of being a rock band"

It's over guys. We lost.

Hi,

can I join you in the mourning, please?

This makes me so terribly sad it's ridiculous.

I just listened to Politik and it's made me even more sad. What happened???

Yeah the fact that Noel is on the album gives me a lot of hope actually. I can definitely see some sounds Noel would dig on AOAL, and I think he'd keep whatever track he's on from becoming too poppy. I imagine it will sound like some of the stuff on his solo albums. Danceable, but psychedelic instead of poppy.

Also, just curious, what is the Gwyneth/Yoko thing?