✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

So. This is my first post here. And like you all Im someone that rather listen to Low much more than paradise or DLBYH --', and I just want to say that there is this day that I was talking with a friend of mine, and we came to a conclusion that this all pop simpler vibe from cold it is just a phase. It doens't mean that coldplay will never make songs like amsterdam or low again. But why I think that? Its cos if you check some of their influences such as radiohead or u2, you can see in their discografy that they have like two albums that are more like brothers and with some electronic influences on it. But then later they still doing something new but not thaat electronic. U2 is the same case, with the album "pop" and "zooropa". its just that we are living this moment right now and not seeing in a wikipedia or something, we are here now living this pop phase from cold. But one thing that we all know, Chirs has a lot of influences, so the band will never going to do the same thing everytime.

Its just a matter of time, but some part of me really tells me that AHFOD will be a lot better than MX

I'm really open-minded and I listen to all kinds of music... but, like I said weeks ago, it looks like Coldplay lost something at a certain time of their career. Even worse, in my opinion they're trying to hide this thing with extremely mellow lyrics, melodies and effects. Maybe they just want to satisfy a wider number of fans, or they've changed and that's right, every band should improve by trying new sounds: they're just doing it in a bad way.

Something that never even occured to me until you guys brought it up; I remember back in the AROBTTH days the band were really giving it their all to raise awareness for Make Trade Fair. It got its own page in the linear notes, there was a large chunk of the Live 2003 doco devoted to it, Chris texta'd the logo onto his hand and X&Y even had the logo on the cover! Since then they seem to have really eased up on the whole social awareness thing. They still do it, but to a much less in-your-face extent than they used to. To be honest I don't really mind that, but it's a defining difference between Oldplay and Newplay.

^ I really love that song... It's one of my favs from Parachutes. There's a quiet calming list from that album - Don't Panic, Shiver (if you want to change it up), Sparks, Trouble, +/- Parachutes, +/- High Speed, We Never Change... So moody, so melancholic, so much ambience, and such a nice, warm, lovely hug from the band *sigh*

^ I really love that song... It's one of my favs from Parachutes. There's a quiet calming list from that album - Don't Panic, Shiver (if you want to change it up), Sparks, Trouble, +/- Parachutes, +/- High Speed, We Never Change... So moody, so melancholic, so much ambience, and such a nice, warm, lovely hug from the band *sigh*

Here's another treat for you ;)

[video=youtube;tQw2EmFnXqc]

Here's another treat for you ;)

[video=youtube;tQw2EmFnXqc]

That is actually my definitive version of the song... it just about fits into the Parachutes album, whereas the other version comes from their earlier sound (the Ode, jangly era)... This is the version I love and adore :D

I used to include it as part of my playlist for Parachutes - it's such a beautiful song!

That was one of my favourite performances for many years, particularly the 4:14 part (way back when they were just starting to get the hang of rocking out)!!! :wacky:

Yes that part is so good omg. That sound just... carries you to places!

Is it bad that I hadn't heard Christmas Lights until now? It's amazing though. It honestly feels so nostalgic to listen to it, even though I've only heard it for the first time now. RIP Oldplay );

Welcome to the forum and the Oldplaying thread ! Feel free to browse around - there could be a lot of obscure Oldplay songs you haven't heard yet :)

^^ IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, go listen to all the old b-sides (Animals, Murder, Gravity etc.) plus How You See the World (1 and 2), Moses, and the Viva demos. They are :dazzled:

I'm definitely going to forget some, but:

A Ghost

A Spell A Rebel Yell

A View From the Top

Animals

Bloodless Revolution

Bigger, Stronger

Brothers & Sisters

Brothers & Sisters (Alternate Version)

Careful Where You Stand

Crests of Waves

Death Will Never Conquer

Don Quixote

Don't Panic (Blue Room EP)

Easy to Please

First Steps

For You

Gravity

Harmless

Help Is 'Round the Corner

How You See the World (1 and 2)

I Bloom Blaum

I Ran Away

Idiot

Lhuna

Moses

Moving to Mars

Murder

No More Keeping My Feet on the Ground

One I Love

Only Superstition

Pour Me

See You Soon

Sleeping Sun

Such A Rush

Sweet Marianne

The Dubliners

The Fall of Man

The Goldrush

The World Turned Upside Down

Things I Don't Understand

Wedding Bells

. . . what am I forgetting, Coldplayers?

While I'm not necessarily and Oldplayer, I feel you guys. I was just listening to Murder the whole way through for the first time, and that song is genius no doubt. But Coldplay isn't 20 now and they've experience a lot of things since they've became a band, which probably has influence their more recent output of music ideas. I think some of us need to remember that. I'd die for another Parachutes, but then again if they made 8 Parachutes to fill they're discography, they'd be like Adele musically (Every song is a gospel-like ballad) and Weezer lyrically(writes about teenage life and sex and things and Rivers is 45).

• Like 1

I don't know if there is a Coldplay song as moving to me on the first listen as Gravity. I literally cried forreal. I don't want sad music per se but all of their recent "sad songs" just don't move me. I.e. Up in Flames, True Love

Gravity is the saddest Coldplay song ever. I can't listen to it when I'm happy or else I get depressed.