✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Chris on the sirius fm interview:

Interviewer: "What was something Coldplay 2015 did that maybe, Coldplay 2005 wasn't evolved into yet?"

Chris: "We wanted to let go the concept of being a rock band"

It's over guys. We lost.

I heard that too, and hearing this obvious fact stated so plainly by Chris himself was quite a blow.

I ripped AOAL from Youtube earlier today just for the sake of the completeness of my Coldplay song collection. I tried listening to it again. The next song in my shuffled playlist came on, and it was "Careful where you stand". And when I heard the guitar sounds and Chris's insecure and heartfelt vocals "I feel safe...when am I am with you..." right after hearing AOAL, I became very, very sad all of a sudden.

These Oldplay songs, even the B-sides, just play in an entirely different class of music. Yes, I can listen to AOAL and dance or shake my head to it. I can listen to it like I can listen to any other song on the radio. But it doesn't open up a world of emotions to me or touch my soul like an Oldplay song does.

As I sit here typing away I ask myself why I'm still on the forum when I could clearly do better things than write about music that absolutely does not connect with me on any level, but I feel like I owe it to this thread to voice my honest opinion.

My review of the new song would be so damning I thought it's best to avoid posting on the LP7 and AOAL threads. I also believe the song is not even worth writing about, suffice it to say it is utterly dreadful, unimaginative, uninspiring and possibly one of the most drab pieces of music I have ever heard. I could say this sort of stuff is potentially ruinous for a band like Coldplay but I'd be wrong because they've already fucked themselves over many times since VLV. In fact this is pretty much the few recent albums all over again, except it's worse.

I sincerely hope Coldplay end it after this. I couldn't care less what they do since I can just ignore their output but because I still very much like them as human beings, it's best for them to discontinue immediately.

The only positive outcome of this whole affair is that Adele's album will be untouched, which is great news for anyone who's genuinely interested in music and artistic integrity.

Chris on the sirius fm interview:

Interviewer: "What was something Coldplay 2015 did that maybe, Coldplay 2005 wasn't evolved into yet?"

Chris: "We wanted to let go the concept of being a rock band"

It's over guys. We lost.

I can't remember the last time something I read made me so sad :(

I understand that people, tastes, goals, etc. change . . . but Chris saying that honestly feels like a punch in the gut

'We wanted to let go the concept of being a rock band'

:cry:

So in the future Coldplay will be...pop. No more legendary anthems or singles. No more rockier tunes and riffs. And worst of all an incredible band like Coldplay, if AHFOD doesn't work out...it's over:(And AOAL may be very good and different IMO, but ino this may totally go the wrong way if we don't like HFTW.

Screw you pop charts:angry:

(I'm gonna go listen to Twisted Logic now:x&y: You'll go backwards again, you'll go forwards again)

I ask myself why I'm still on the forum when I could clearly do better things than write about music that absolutely does not connect with me on any level

I had the exact same feeling yesterday...but I did give my opinions on the AOAL reviews and LP7 thread. You get so much hate for it when you say you don't like it. And I for my turn don't understand how people on these threads sincerely claim that this song is on the same artistic level as earlier works.

As I sit here typing away I ask myself why I'm still on the forum when I could clearly do better things than write about music that absolutely does not connect with me on any level, but I feel like I owe it to this thread to voice my honest opinion.

My review of the new song would be so damning I thought it's best to avoid posting on the LP7 and AOAL threads. I also believe the song is not even worth writing about, suffice it to say it is utterly dreadful, unimaginative, uninspiring and possibly one of the most drab pieces of music I have ever heard. I could say this sort of stuff is potentially ruinous for a band like Coldplay but I'd be wrong because they've already fucked themselves over many times since VLV. In fact this is pretty much the few recent albums all over again, except it's worse.

I sincerely hope Coldplay end it after this. I couldn't care less what they do since I can just ignore their output but because I still very much like them as human beings, it's best for them to discontinue immediately.

The only positive outcome of this whole affair is that Adele's album will be untouched, which is great news for anyone who's genuinely interested in music and artistic integrity.

Dude just dont listen to Coldplay.

lmao what. I'm all for differing opinions but this is the most pretentious thing I have ever seen on this website in six years of posting.

You better listen to this for your own pleasure.

[video=youtube;uxpDa-c-4Mc]

Your welcome.

I think it's not OK for Newplayers now to go flaming in the Oldplaying thread. I've heard numerous times "why you're in the LP7 thread if you don't like the new music" or only yesterday "Oldplayers if you want rock go elsewhere" on the AOAL thread but when we do state our opinions here, far from the rest of you, we get hate for it here too now !!!!

This thread was meant as a safe haven for Oldplayers to indulge in Oldplay, and I can only ask you to please respect that. Thanks !

lmao what. I'm all for differing opinions but this is the most pretentious thing I have ever seen on this website in six years of posting.

Quite the keyboard warrior aren't you? I'd be happy to help you indulge in your superiority complex with my future posts.

what the hell why is there such a divide between this 'oldplayer' and new people biz

is there something i'm missing? i mean there was differing opinion before when MX first came out but not to the point of slapping labels on and creating a new thread entirely to segregate

• Like 1

I was just listening to Proof, and I kinda miss that atmosphere.

I'm currently listening to that song and just read your post lol. I love this song so much *-* It's SO SAD IT'S GREAT

what the hell why is there such a divide between this 'oldplayer' and new people biz

is there something i'm missing? i mean there was differing opinion before when MX first came out but not to the point of slapping labels on and creating a new thread entirely to segregate

b-but people love to form groups anD FEEL SPECIAL ABOUT THEMSELVES D:

No seriously, this is just a thread for people who dislike all the albums that came after VIVA, and that's it. And apparently that makes us old lmao.

Fame corrupts.

That's true. It all happened when they became too big. Their X&Y fame was still OK, but around Viva they became one of the world's biggest acts and hence mingled with a different kind of "artists". Chris's Hollywood affiliation didn't help either...

Because there's such a divide in terms of style of music. The "Oldplayer" epithet is a backlash against the current output I suppose. A very small one might I add considering the output from the band post Viva. I don't think any rock fandom is as forgiving as Coldplaying.

Because there's such a divide in terms of style of music. The "Oldplayer" epithet is a backlash against the current output I suppose. A very small one might I add considering the output from the band post Viva. I don't think any rock fandom is as forgiving as Coldplaying.

Yes. Nobody is complaining that one album was different. But we know now that Coldplay made an irreversible U-turn in musical style post-Viva and we simply do not approve of what we consider throwing the band's soul into the garbage bin and joining in the mainstream trend of producing superficial pop music instead. This thread, however, is not just an anti-Newplay thread. Here we have a space to appreciate what we consider Coldplay's best work, their early work.

About Proof: Proof is such a nice song. It is the perfect example of how melody, vocals and instrumentation can make up for cringeworthy rhyming book-level lyrics. I love Proof :)