✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

I know none of us are keen on Amazing Day as a title, but let's not get our hopes up that the guys will decide to change it. As far as I know, once a song has a name it's pretty much locked-in with that name forever. I can think of two times when a song's name has been changed after we heard it (and one of those was a really early/alternate version and the other was a demo leak).

I hope Amazing Day goes the way of Panic (which became Don't Panic) and School (which became Rainy Day and DAAHF), but let's not get set on it :P

i remember chris saying usually he has a list of song names and he starts off with that. and it goes to show with the recent trend in coldplay's music to have a very obvious name with a repeating chorus of the title. if he followed the same process with this song, of which the chances are high, there isn't much of a chance that the title would change.

Guest diogo_sg
i remember chris saying usually he has a list of song names and he starts off with that. and it goes to show with the recent trend in coldplay's music to have a very obvious name with a repeating chorus of the title. if he followed the same process with this song, of which the chances are high, there isn't much of a chance that the title would change.

There are very few Coldplay songs whose title doesn't show up in the lyrics. It isn't exactly a recent trend, since ALL songs from Parachutes follow it.

you didn't get my point. the song titles have become more straightforward with the song title essentially being the chorus/focal point more in the recent releases. more so than before. and coming up with song titles first he seems to be doing now can have more to do with it. so less chance of a song name change. which was slim to begin with.

Songs with non-appearing titles (not counting instrumentals):

Don't Panic

Parachutes

I Bloom Blaum

The Scientist

Amsterdam

X&Y

Twisted Logic

The World Turned Upside Down

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Life in Technicolor II

Prospekt's March

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Atlas

Help me out with the GS ones because I never bothered to learn the lyrics of those songs.

Not a bad number! Note that 3 of them were big hits that people probably know the names of anyway. A song doesn't need the title in the lyrics, just think Baba O'Riley, Tomorrow Never Knows, etc.

Don't Panic

Parachutes

I Bloom Blaum

The Scientist

Amsterdam

X&Y

Twisted Logic

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Life in Technicolor II

Prospekt's March

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Atlas

Help me out with the GS ones because I never bothered to learn the lyrics of those songs.

Not a bad number! Note that 3 of them were big hits that people probably know the names of anyway. A song doesn't need the title in the lyrics, just think Baba O'Riley, Tomorrow Never Knows, etc.

I'll help you out with GS... I've listened to it quite a few times.

The songs that don't have the title in the lyrics in GS are: (continuallly checking lyrics and adding)

Ink

Midnight

Oceans

O (This is controversial. The track as a whole I believe is called O... yet in the part of the song with the lyrics Chris never says it. However, technically that part is called "Fly On". In the actual track "O", however, there are actual lyrics because Chris says "Don't ever let go" through a vocoder so technically it's not an instrumental... yet it's still controversial. Use your own judgement on this one...)

Ghost Story

If you want, you can add Gone But Not F. Cotton to the list... it's not on Ghost Stories, but it is a song that didn't have it's title in the lyrics.

There are very few Coldplay songs whose title doesn't show up in the lyrics..

This list proves that not really that true... :P

Don't Panic

Parachutes

I Bloom Blaum

The Scientist

Amsterdam

X&Y

Twisted Logic

Lovers in Japan

Chinese Sleep Chant

Viva la Vida

Life in Technicolor II

Prospekt's March

Charlie Brown

Major Minus

U.F.O.

Princess of China

Atlas