✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

:curtain: We cool again, Coldplayers?

Okay good, so:

When they first played Amazing Day, I was in the boat with the people who thought it was a GCF exclusive. Now that it's been several days and there's been no word mentioned from the band, I'm starting to think that isn't the case. The problem is, this song is clearly the opposite of what the guys have been telling us AHFoD will embody and sound like, which makes me think it perhaps won't be an LP7 song.

Does that mean it's an old GS song? If so, why decide to play it at a random festival a year after your GS tour has ended? Chris introduced it as a new song, and I feel if it was from the GS era he would have introduced it as an old song (like he did with Yellow in saying it was written in 1955 :P )

I'm just kind of rambling trying to figure this out . . . any other thoughts as to where Amazing Day came from?

Maybe this is what they meant by AHFOD being day to GS's night? Basically just GS on a bigger scale with a 'woaah ohhhhh' bit. I think we all forget GS came out only a little over a year ago, I could see the band being in the same head space so the output could be pretty similar.

In my honest opinion it's going to be a LP7 single, not the one filmed in India but a single all the same.

I think it will be on LP7, i know they've said again and again that the record will be poppy and cheerful but they cant all be jumpy songs, Amazing Day fits in with the description of the album that we know and maybe it'll be a mellow break between all the dancey songs...

I think some of us may have over-focused on the 'feet-shuffling' and 'uplifting feel' of the record that's been teased to us for months... I'm sure if you were eagerly awaiting signs of that then Amazing Day would've been a let down of sorts. I can see how some fans are disappointed that this is the first glimpse of actual music that will potentially be on LP7.

As I've said before, brave choice on the part of the band to debut something that is not what they are known for right in the middle of a non-concert fan base, as a closer, and as the first new music potentially for the album. They must have known they'd come in for some criticism... Which makes me wonder whether they are road-testing to tinker with it, or maybe to decide whether it makes it to the album. What do you guys think?

It kinda seems obvious that it has the potential in the right incarnation to be a killer ballad and concert closer, which leads me to think they are tinkering with it by testing it live... But the lack of comment / announcement by the band about its position in the album / their overall discography makes me think maybe the band is having an internal disagreement about it (eg whether to include it in LP7), which makes for a tantalizing prospect... Better songs than that on the album :bliss:

I think some of us may have over-focused on the 'feet-shuffling' and 'uplifting feel' of the record that's been teased to us for months... I'm sure if you were eagerly awaiting signs of that then Amazing Day would've been a let down of sorts. I can see how some fans are disappointed that this is the first glimpse of actual music that will potentially be on LP7.

As I've said before, brave choice on the part of the band to debut something that is not what they are known for right in the middle of a non-concert fan base, as a closer, and as the first new music potentially for the album. They must have known they'd come in for some criticism... Which makes me wonder whether they are road-testing to tinker with it, or maybe to decide whether it makes it to the album. What do you guys think?

It kinda seems obvious that it has the potential in the right incarnation to be a killer ballad and concert closer, which leads me to think they are tinkering with it by testing it live... But the lack of comment / announcement by the band about its position in the album / their overall discography makes me think maybe the band is having an internal disagreement about it (eg whether to include it in LP7), which makes for a tantalizing prospect... Better songs than that on the album :bliss:

you raise some valid points. remember how MTM went? when coldplay played it at itunes festival, chris mentioned that that could be the last time the song will be played live. but with this, i get the feeling that the position of the song is better defined in terms of the other songs. but they could be road testing the song to make adjustment. i also remember how princess of china intro was cut down after it's live debut. anyway, if this is the weakest on the album, i think i'll be happy :)

and the lack of information about the song makes me think this is a new approach to teasing material/era. afterall, it got the fans and the media grasping for straws to draw some news off it.

I think it is both encouraging and discouraging. Since MX and GS i just can't trust the band as much; I find it partially reflective of Chris's change of music taste, from U2 to Miley Cyrus etc. :worried: Better songs on the album to them. And of course it's their album, they deserve to put whatever they please on it. But PoC instead of MtM/Christmas Lights? Magic/True Love instead of Atlas? :whaaat: It hurts me to think about these choices. I'd hate for a repeat. There is still plenty of reason to be excited though. [:

If I were to guess about the fate of AHFOD, it is an album track (not a single) of AHFOD. If it were specifically for the festival, I guess they would have announced something like a donwload from which all proceeds go to Global Citizen. Since they didn't do that, I think it is nothing to do with GC. However, I believe it's not strong enough to be a single either. So either a track on AHFOD or a B-side/never-heard-of-again track of the AHFOD Era.

After I found myself unconsciously humming the song, I decided to listen to the song again and like it more. Must've grown on me a bit without me noticing haha [emoji1]

same here LMAO. Coldplay songs oftentimes have this creepy characteristic of growing on you. I also started randomly humming Amazing Day sometime today and I was like "wAIT HOW" and had to turn the song on eventually to get it out of my head hahaha.

Yes, despite the fact that I don't like it very much, the AAAAAH-AAAAAAAH parts have been stuck in my head since the first listen...

I always hum the melody of the first few lines:

Sat on a roof

Named every star

Shed every bruise and

Showed every scar

:awesome:

gentleparachute, your quote's in red.

kaisin, your 2 quote's are in blue.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in gold.

Choldplayer, your quote's in green.

job129, your quote's in magenta.

The Adversary, your 2 quote's are in orange.

diogo_sg, your quote's in dark purple.

We really shouldn't get too focused on the faster music like Coldplay said would be in AHFOD. We should expect slower songs like that are in every Coldplay album. That's what Coldplay does to spice up the album and change it up a bit; I think they do this so that there's not the exact same type of music over and over. You've gotta switch it up so it doesn't become boring to listen to, while keeping the feel and story of the album.

As for your theory on why the band isn't speaking out, that seems plausible... but really I don't see how they couldn't include such a beautiful song on an album.

I think it will be on LP7' date=' i know they've said again and again that the record will be poppy and cheerful but they cant all be jumpy songs, Amazing Day fits in with the description of the album that we know and maybe it'll be a mellow break between all the dancey songs...[/quote']

I sure hope it's not all dancey songs (ASFOS-type). I like one or two, maybe at max 3 songs like that (I actually enjoy dance music) but I couldn't take a full album of it... I'd like it to mainly be Coldplay-style :P

What happened yesterday? Was this a war zone after the song was played?

Call it what you wish but one thing's for sure, it was a very in-depth and productive debate, to say the least.

I would say the cause of all of it (I wouldn't have named who but I would have said what actually caused it) but I'm not going to do that, don't want a repeat of yesterday.

:curtain: We cool again, Coldplayers?

Okay good, so:

When they first played Amazing Day, I was in the boat with the people who thought it was a GCF exclusive. Now that it's been several days and there's been no word mentioned from the band, I'm starting to think that isn't the case. The problem is, this song is clearly the opposite of what the guys have been telling us AHFoD will embody and sound like, which makes me think it perhaps won't be an LP7 song.

Does that mean it's an old GS song? If so, why decide to play it at a random festival a year after your GS tour has ended? Chris introduced it as a new song, and I feel if it was from the GS era he would have introduced it as an old song (like he did with Yellow in saying it was written in 1955 :P )

I'm just kind of rambling trying to figure this out . . . any other thoughts as to where Amazing Day came from?

The argument I have against that is, well, Coldplay always try to include a song in every album that isn't the same speed of everything else, but still kind of has the same feel to it. (In my opinion I think they do this to spice and change the album up a bit so you don't hear exactly the same type of song in every song of the album). This song I think will be one of those songs. It might be slower than the rest of the album but it still has a touch of the same feeling to it, therefore this song could have gived us a slower- sweeter preview of what the album could be like.

I think this song is too "daytime-ey" to be an old GS song. Also, the song has the word "Day" in it, and if you've ever listened to GS any one could tell that it's definetely an album that is sort of in a night-tone. (Therefore that's why most of the time I play GS at night). Also, I don't get why they'd play a song that they've abandoned... I mean, they've abandoned the song, why would they play it again? (Unless if they've looked back on it, and decide to re-work it for an upcoming album, or just to release it as it was). You could be right, this could have been a GS-throwaway, but it's possible that if that was the case. it used to be a song they've discarded, and the original version of the song originally for GS is in fact not that great. But they could have reworked the song to make it sound decent. (To some people, anyway :P)

Also, someone posted a very interesting theory... they said that, of course we all know that GS is supposed to be the night to AHFOD's day. MidNIGHT was featured on GS, and Amazing DAY might be for AHFOD too. I really think this is a very interesting theory. It could be a coincidence, but I really don't think so. In fact, I remember someone posted something about the new single from AHFOD being "Midday" as with GS's "Midnight". This is a very similar situation here...

If that was the case, that'd really explain why they gave it such a title that really didn't seem to be about anything much or provoke much thought... the thing is, if you look deeper into the title, you'll actually see it's a very good title (that is, if this theory is correct) because it really gives a hint as to what is coming. I did have a feeling inside me ever since they named the title that there was something deeper in it's meaning... if Coldplay really did make the title just to give that hint to us, I officially am giving the biggest props to them I think I've ever gave anyone! They actually try to ward people away from thinking anything of the title, but in a way, it's actually a tease to what's coming. You've gotta be willing to dig deeper to find the hints.

I've listened to it 146 times now on my ITunes. It's amazing!

The reason why I don't replay this song over and over is because I know that if I play it too many times I'll get sick of it. That's my case with every single song. I want to keep liking it, so in fact my most favorite songs are the ones that I least play, because when I do play them I just LOVE it, which wouldn't have happened if I kept playing it over and over again. Of course this doesn't happen all the time, but if you don't play your favorite song often usually every time you play it is like one of your first times, since it's so fresh and sounds so amazing and euphoric since you really don't exactly know what's next. It's fresher the less you play it, if you know what I mean. :D

Let's be honest with eachother. This was not the song we were hoping for. Although most of you like it' date=' you also know coldplay can do much much better.[/quote']

In my opinion I really wasn't hoping for anything but a great-sounding song, and for me this makes the cut. Coldplay can do much much better if they want to, though I am greatly satisfied with this. I do think it needs to be spiced up a bit though. A few tweaks and this song would be REALLY great! :D

Or a dystopia depending on your view.

Look, yesterday was a good exercise in a way. We had a productive debate I think. Posters never crossed the line of being aggressive and attacking other posters, a new song was released and (harsh) criticism is to be expected. It'll be the same when AHFOD is released no matter what it sounds like. If LP7 is 10x better than AROBTTH, people will still have their own personal criticisms about it as is the subjectivity of music.

We don't always have to agree ALL the time, as Coldplayers we agree on most things music related so when something controversial does come along it should be relished imo not shunned as something bad.

I do agree with you here. Even though yesterday was a bit childish it's good to have a very in-depth debate every once in a while. Really it's a part of any song being released. Let's enjoy this forum, where we can all discuss all things Coldplay. This is what the forum's for, discussing, debating, etc. It adds to the fan experience in my opinion.

Maybe this is what they meant by AHFOD being day to GS's night? Basically just GS on a bigger scale with a 'woaah ohhhhh' bit. I think we all forget GS came out only a little over a year ago' date='[/b'] I could see the band being in the same head space so the output could be pretty similar.

In my honest opinion it's going to be a LP7 single, not the one filmed in India but a single all the same.

Am I really the only one who didn't forget that? Ever since I joined this community and saw all the pictures essentially confirming that they were almost finished the album it blew my mind thinking that GS was released only a little over a year ago! That fact stuck in my mind and really it's surprising to see such a hard-working back BAND (LOL :lol:) finish up an album so quickly. But I shouldn't get too excited, they haven't even mentioned anything about the first single other than that it's a "new song" and that they played it at GC. We shouldn't get too sad it the album ends up getting released sometime in the first half of 2016 (or, extremely unlikely, even later than that :() because really, that's a very short time for them to be releasing the album anyways. That'd be sad because really Chris is the one that told us all of this - perhaps too early, therefore putting us in real pain when really they may not even be half done yet. (although, the pics from India say otherwise :D)

Is what happened yesterday completely forgotten? If it is' date=' thank God. Let's hope something like that doesn't happen again. Let's all live in harmony and make this place a (real) utopia.[/quote']

Thankfully, it is. :D

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

Funny. I hardly listen to Ghost Stories as an album but on the rare occasions that I do it's always in the wee hours of the night.

I don't listen to GS a whole lot, but I was saying that most of the time when I play GS I play it at night, But it is funny that you do it too...