✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Please don't compare Amazing Day to Politik :P You'll only set me off again :laugh3:

I wasn't comparing it to Politik, only that it has some musical roots from it (they are of a different class of quality I'd almost say)... I wouldn't drop a bomb and start WWIII here by comparing it... It'd be a nuclear annihilation in Politik's favor by the Oldplayers and probably most of the forum notwithstanding Amazing Day's strengths :laugh3:

I mentioned this a day or two ago and I will say it again... the band is being unusually quiet right now, they are not really acknowledging Amazing Day at all on social media. This makes me think it'll be some random album track since besides the fact that they played it at the GC festival, they aren't building any hype over it whatsoever.

I mentioned this a day or two ago and I will say it again... the band is being unusually quiet right now, they are not really acknowledging Amazing Day at all on social media. This makes me think it'll be some random album track since besides the fact that they played it at the GC festival, they aren't building any hype over it whatsoever.

Agreed. Very loud sound of silence... It's deafening to me.

I'm more used to them just announcing dates of late - I remember the first I heard of Midnight was actually through their official site... Email just popped in at random one day announcing their track and where to preview and download it. Then other news followed...

My answer: I hope not (dangerous thing to say on this thread, I know. Come on Amazing-Dayers, I don't care, go on and tear me apart, I don't care if you do...ooooohh....ooooooooooohhhh)

Rik is not actually telling something, of course, but what I do like about him is that he does engage in discussion with his Twitter followers very frequently !

My answer: I hope not (dangerous thing to say on this thread, I know. Come on Amazing-Dayers, I don't care, go on and tear me apart, I don't care if you do...ooooohh....ooooooooooohhhh)

Rik is not actually telling something, of course, but what I do like about him is that he does engage in discussion with his Twitter followers very frequently !

That's great from him. He is the one who is keeping the excitement for the new album.

Ps. I think this is an Amazing Day :) and no one wants to start a war.

:lol: good one

Amazing Day is 99.9% going to be on A Head Full of Dreams. My (least) favorite part about album build up is seeing so, so many people finding any excuse for ____ to not be on ____. Hell, I even did it with Midnight last year. I loved the song, but didn't want it to be on LP6. So naturally I came up with an amazing theory that it would be the next A Spell A Rebel Yell, in the sense it was a one-off because of how quiet Coldplay was being about it.

I was wrong.

[video=youtube;TOYUqpe7TrM]

How You See The World is pretty much the opposite of Amazing Day.

HYSTW is one of my favorite Coldplay song ever.

I gotta admit Amazing Day (because it's the theme of this thread right ? haha) is kinda growing on me. I feel they really wanted to play one of the "shy" song (cause it's slow), at least 1 time live (like they might have did with Moving to Mars). I don't know but I really can see myself enjoying this song for what it is one evening... coming back from work in the Parisian Metro with a red sunset sweeping each person in the train repeatedly. Sorry, I got lost in my dreams for a bit and couldn't stop typing while listening to Amazing Day ... repeatedly

It would have been great to get a studio version right after the performance....

I like the song, but I wish it was called Drift instead, does anyone think that this maybe was Drift? The best part of the song is when Chris says "and your eyes..they're drifting away.." I almost would have liked the chorus to be "Drifting Away...."Drifting Away...." Once again, I like the song, but Amazing Day isn't a great title or chorus at all. When someone says amazing I interpret it as WOW THAT WAS AMAZING. But the song is too mellow for that. Chris could have found a better word.

^ I think the lyrics are actually "In your eyes I drifted away" :D

I think the song was called Amazing Day because of one of the theories someone posted, saying that GS is night to AHFOD day. MidNIGHT was released by surprise, so could Amazing DAY.

I really think they could have chose a better word than "Amazing" to be honest, since this is just the worst song title I think I've ever heard of, but when you dig deeper it actually doesn't sound quite so silly anymore, and it does have meaning, that is, if this theory is correct. But they could have switched out "Amazing" with another word... not sure what other one would work where he says "Amazinggg day" but I'm pretty sure they could have found a better word. :P

^ That's my complaint with it too. "Amazing" is one of the laziest ways ever to describe a good day. I'm no crack shot at coming up with titles, but I came up with a few that seem like they could fit with the song without being too cheesy:

Scars

Stars and Scars (since Chris apparently still has that star obsession)

Drifting (stealing this from lennyrott because I love it :P )

Weightless (because of the line "forget the world and its weight" idk)

In Your Eyes (okay this one's kind of cheesy but it's still better than Amazing Day)

The World in a Day

. . . I don't know what the point of this post was, sorry, I just like thinking up titles *hides*

^ I like that post... :idea2: Someone should start a thread - alternative titles to Amazing Day... Given how many people don't rate the current name, it could prove very popular:D

You're right! Someone should make that thread...

^ That's my complaint with it too. "Amazing" is one of the laziest ways ever to describe a good day. I'm no crack shot at coming up with titles, but I came up with a few that seem like they could fit with the song without being too cheesy:

Scars

Stars and Scars (since Chris apparently still has that star obsession)

Drifting (stealing this from lennyrott because I love it :P )

Weightless (because of the line "forget the world and its weight" idk)

In Your Eyes (okay this one's kind of cheesy but it's still better than Amazing Day)

The World in a Day

. . . I don't know what the point of this post was, sorry, I just like thinking up titles *hides*

In bold: That's the one I was thinking of when I first heard the song..

BTW all of these song titles would suit the song perfectly! Although I do think that if Coldplay purposefully put "Day" in the title to go along with that someone's theory (I forgot their name :P) then The World in a Day would be the only valid title (unless there were better titles that had "Day" in them :P)