✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

I just heard it in the car and BESIDES that one time where kinda maybe says it it's actually said TWO more times! (In a deeper tone right after the "O..." twice right after each other)

I really find it puzzling how you were able to hear it.... I'd only catch that on my own in the live version, I still can't hear it in the studio version.

TWO more times?? How??? I'm going to see about that... are you lying or not?

How good is your hearing?? I listened to the album version and I still can't hear the first time he "whispers" it. all I hear is "O".

I really find it puzzling how you were able to hear it.... I'd only catch that on my own in the live version, I still can't hear it in the studio version.

TWO more times?? How??? I'm going to see about that... are you lying or not?

How good is your hearing?? I listened to the album version and I still can't hear the first time he "whispers" it. all I hear is "O".

I'm not lying! But maybe I'm crazy..[emoji16]

I'm not lying! But maybe I'm crazy..[emoji16]

You must have some really keen hearing if you're able to hear that... the live version confirms "Oceans" is a whispered secret lyric within the song that is so difficult to hear in the album version, Were you actually able to hear "Oceans" spoken two more times after the supposed first time which I still can't hear in the studio version? Maybe you should listen again...

You must have some really keen hearing if you're able to hear that... the live version confirms "Oceans" is a whispered secret lyric within the song that is so difficult to hear in the album version, Were you actually able to hear "Oceans" spoken two more times after the supposed first time which I still can't hear in the studio version? Maybe you should listen again...

I definitely should. I'm not saying I'm 100% certain. But I do have above average hearing. Is anyone even around when I get home in a couple of hours, so I can try and confirm it?[emoji38] I feel like cutting it out of the song and amplifying it so you guys can hear it.

^ "But I do have above average hearing"

The fact that you're able to hear him whisper it one time in the album version and then two more times, and I can't hear one of those times that I mentioned, confirms that statement. :P

BTW, I'll probably be around all day on these forums so feel free to cut it out of the song and amplify it! :D

I need a better pair of headphones. :p I know Chris is singing something in that spot but all I've ever heard is a mumble. There's something about the intonation of that mumble that does suggest he's saying "oceans," though...

Same here. I can only hear him just whisper-mumble something through the mic at that point we're talking about after he says "O". I do have a feeling he's secretly saying "Oceans" though, and the intonation as you said highly suggests it. I could only just catch it a teeeeeny bit that one time where I was trying to listen realllyyyy closely though... it's one of those things where it is in the song, but you need very keen hearing and to be listening really closely to be able to hear it. I honestly am not sure how @theprospekt picked it up randomly though... through the studio version. Hats off to him for being able to do that! :D

Same here. I can only hear him just whisper-mumble something through the mic at that point we're talking about after he says "O". I do have a feeling he's secretly saying "Oceans" though, and the intonation as you said highly suggests it. I could only just catch it a teeeeeny bit that one time where I was trying to listen realllyyyy closely though... it's one of those things where it is in the song, but you need very keen hearing and to be listening really closely to be able to hear it. I honestly am not sure how @theprospekt picked it up randomly though... through the studio version. Hats off to him for being able to do that! :D

Okay, so I took a close listen to this in my quiet apartment with an iPad and a pair of Grado headphones (i.e. good ones). I'm still not sure about the "O..." - I tried pushing the headphones right against my ears which made it sound kind of funny, but it sounded kind of like "oceans". But it's really not very clear. I've always assumed it was the beginning of that word because of the intonation.

I am sure about the other not two but actually three times he sings it though. It's Chris' voice so he's basically doing his own backing vocals. Listen for a deeper tone than the rest of the song (about the same as in say, All Your Friends) with a bit of echoey effect on it.

After the "O..." he sings "You got to find yourself alone in this world, you got to find yourself alo..." and right there he sings "oceans" three times under his own voice. I'm sure you can here it if you listen carefully right at that spot.

And I don't mean to be a tease but that threefold repetition "oceans, oceans, oceans" is repeated a few times during the song, but it's buried pretty deep in the mix. I'm not saying I'm absolutely certain but it sure sounds like it to me.

Guess I need to find me some stems or something. [emoji38]

Guest diogo_sg
After the "O..." he sings "You got to find yourself alone in this world, you got to find yourself alo..." and right there he sings "oceans" three times under his own voice. I'm sure you can here it if you listen carefully right at that spot.

I thought that was just a reverb of the word "yourself" (yourself, -rself, -rself, -rself).

Okay, so I took a close listen to this in my quiet apartment with an iPad and a pair of Grado headphones (i.e. good ones). I'm still not sure about the "O..." - I tried pushing the headphones right against my ears which made it sound kind of funny, but it sounded kind of like "oceans". But it's really not very clear. I've always assumed it was the beginning of that word because of the intonation.

I am sure about the other not two but actually three times he sings it though. It's Chris' voice so he's basically doing his own backing vocals. Listen for a deeper tone than the rest of the song (about the same as in say, All Your Friends) with a bit of echoey effect on it.

I can't hear it the first time, but I can definetely hear it the other times. I think he even says it 4 times. Got my headphones in and I can hear that... it's certainly very interesting to hear this for the first time, as I'm even sure that most hardcore Coldplay fans didn't even pick up on this. This is so sneaky of him to implement the title of the lyrics in a song like this and make us think that the title isn't in the lyrics at the first listen. But if you go deeper it's there, yet so sneaky. Yet another proof that GS is in no way uninspired. There's still some secrets in there we may never know of. Yet another example of a Coldplay song in which Chris went out of his way to put a secret in there. This band never ceases to amaze me at how hard they work to make these magnificent tracks... honestly, this is the only band that does this nowadays, most of the mainstream "stuff" (there's a much better term to describe it) on the radio nowadays, the artists who make those would NEVER be talented enough to do this. Even though GS is a bit poppy and plastic-y it's still light-years deeper and rich and intriguing than any mainstream pop song today.

^ I always appreciate that they put in extra effort into their songs, and always listen out for those bits even if it's not apparent initially, that's how it's allowed my relationship with this band to continue and grow.... There's always something more, something deeper, even if it wasn't noticed at first. I then usually find bits throughout the whole song that are special, which then allows me to enjoy it, even if it initially wasn't quite to my taste :)

With regards to the word 'O-ceans' in the backing vocal, unfortunately I think it's only said the once, in that instrumental bridge just before 'You got to find yourself alone...' (Best heard in one of the BBC live versions). The rest I'm pretty sure is reverb on the word 'yourself' when the line is sung again... That's what I hear anyway :D

^ I always appreciate that they put in extra effort into their songs, and always listen out for those bits even if it's not apparent initially, that's how it's allowed my relationship with this band to continue and grow.... There's always something more, something deeper, even if it wasn't noticed at first. I then usually find bits throughout the whole song that are special, which then allows me to enjoy it, even if it initially wasn't quite to my taste :)

With regards to the word 'O-ceans' in the backing vocal, unfortunately I think it's only said the once, in that instrumental bridge just before 'You got to find yourself alone...' (Best heard in one of the BBC live versions). The rest I'm pretty sure is reverb on the word 'yourself' when the line is sung again... That's what I hear anyway :D

That's a major reason why Coldplay is my favorite: they always put so much effort into everything they do. There's always more to discover, the deeper you go, the more you discover. It seems to go on for infinity... you seem to find these hidden meanings/gems/whatever endlessly the deeper you go. There's always something more when you listen to that track again. I'm baffled at how Coldplay is still able to pull this off continually... I don't know how they do it. Coldplay are the last band/artist group to pull this off... many artists today are not even remotely close to be as great as Coldplay when it comes to the mysteroiusness, deepness, meaning, and richness of their works. Coldplay's the only group today that seems to do this, they seem to be one of the only groups ever to even try to attempt it. That's why Coldplay stands out, in my mind, they're never lazy when it comes to their works. They create music from the heart, and they put every thought into it, which is why their music and artwork is so deep. No other artist in this day seems to attempt that and that's why their music will never be as great as Coldplay's. The music may be beautiful, but Coldplay goes the extra mile, in my mind that's what sets them apart.

What a great thought train that was.... I loved that. I love it when I get into massive thought trains about Coldplay that I just type.... I love it when I type out every thought onto this. It makes me realize how great Coldplay really are. It's... a graet experience, to say the least.

As for the "Oceans" lyrics, you could be right about that part... maybe he only just barely says it once around the 2:58 mark and it's possible that the other times was "yourself alone" which I believe is one part of it but there seems to be something else in there along with him echo-whispering those words... and those other words sound like "oceans, oceans, oceans"... again as I said the deeper we go the more we find, which is pretty much exclusively a Coldplay thing nowadays. There seems to be another whisper added onto the normal one you'd think of... but maybe it's just me and @theprospekt going crazy, and you'd be listening and interpreting it correctly all along. :P

I still have much difficulty hearing the first time he says "Oceans" around 2:58. It's a bit more obvious in the live version but he still just barely whispers it, I did catch it a little bit in the live version (which confirms that "Oceans" is an actual hidden whispered lyric)... however in the studio version it's so deep in the mix that I just can't seem to hear it, all I can hear is a teeeny crackle of Chris' voice that baaarellyyyyy resembles it. (Again, it's crazy how much effort he puts into this).

Nonetheless this is a very interesting topic...

And I don't mean to be a tease but that threefold repetition "oceans, oceans, oceans" is repeated a few times during the song, but it's buried pretty deep in the mix. I'm not saying I'm absolutely certain but it sure sounds like it to me.

Guess I need to find me some stems or something. [emoji38]

...really? So you're telling me, besides @2:58. and the part afterward, there's even more instances of it?

I request you listen to it again and please tell us if there is in fact any more times he says it, because that'd be crazy.

Do you come to this conclusion, because you have incredibly keen hearing and were able to hear it somehow, buried so deep in the mix, or from some other source?

I thought that was just a reverb of the word "yourself" (yourself, -rself, -rself, -rself).

Yeah, I listened to it on pretty good speakers at a pretty high volume, and, imo, it's definitely a reverb of "yourself"....kinda like the word is floating away on ocean waves

...really? So you're telling me, besides @2:58. and the part afterward, there's even more instances of it?

I request you listen to it again and please tell us if there is in fact any more times he says it, because that'd be crazy.

Do you come to this conclusion, because you have incredibly keen hearing and were able to hear it somehow, buried so deep in the mix, or from some other source?

Well, it's not like I have a superpower but I hear "oceans, oceans, oceans" at the 1:08-1:12 mark-ish. No source, just trying to listen carefully. [emoji28]

OK, I'm feeling a bit guilty because of going off-topic in the Amazing Day thread but you've got me hooked into this Oceans mystery too.

I've been trying to figure this out and I really can't hear Oceans. :thinking:

What I do hear is that several words are repeated, like some kind of an echo.

Sun - rain - trying - change - yourselve.

Which might be a beautiful message on it's own. :)

But I couldn't find Oceans.

And believe me, I've been listening at different ways using different tools, settings, even the OOPS version ... and with earphones so I didn't have to much disturbance from other noices.

Are you sure you're not trolling us? :wink3:

I'm dead serious people! For real! Maybe I'm crazy but I'm not lying or joking. [emoji23]

A few tips: don't use speakers or earphones. Use good headphones. If you can, listen to the CD version which has the highest quality. YouTube videos are very compressed so details like that are most likely lost. And if you're into Apple your iPad or Mac has a much more powerful sound card than the iPhone. I have the CD ripped in highest quality on to my iPad so that's what I use.

The lyrics go "I'm ready for it all, love. I'm ready for the pain. Meet under suuuu..." and right in the middle of that word starting at the 1:08 mark I hear "oceans, oceans, oceans".

I heard Chris says satanic things when you listen closely in Cemeteries of London. Also, there is some hidden frog noises in Animals.

I listened now on my mp3 (the best quality I have available) and I hear only a reverb of what i believe to be "sunshine".... :/