✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Ghost Stories is a fantastic album to listen to while driving at night.

I was driving on the highway late one night headed home from college. No light except from my headlights and the flickers of lightning from a storm ahead of me on the horizon. Oceans came on and it was one of the most perfect moments I ever experienced--the calming beat, the pink lightning flickers, the feeling that I was the only person in the whole wide world :wacky:

For me, only Parachutes and GS are time-of-day-sensitive Coldplay albums. I don't have particular listening times for the other albums.

As for the EPs, i like listening to Safety and Brothers and Sisters in evenings and sometimes mornings too, cause they have the same warm melancholy feeling like Parachutes.

For me, only Parachutes and GS are time-of-day-sensitive Coldplay albums. I don't have particular listening times for the other albums.

As for the EPs, i like listening to Safety and Brothers and Sisters in evenings and sometimes mornings too, cause they have the same warm melancholy feeling like Parachutes.

Does anyone else agree that evening, when the light becomes dimmer and dusk begins to fall is, the best time of day to listen to Parachutes ? Parachutes is just such a warm album.

I agree, but, for me, it's pretty much a wake up in the morning and go "I'm feeling a bit Viva-ish" or "X&Y would be great for today"

I was driving on the highway late one night headed home from college. No light except from my headlights and the flickers of lightning from a storm ahead of me on the horizon. Oceans came on and it was one of the most perfect moments I ever experienced--the calming beat, the pink lightning flickers, the feeling that I was the only person in the whole wide world :wacky:

I do that a lot, unfortunately there's always some sort of pinpoints of light where I live. It's rare that I go out of my way to drive down a highway with next to no other pinpoints of light thats a long way from town but man does it ever pay off, I listened to Ghost Stories a few times doing that and every single time it's been something magical. Just perfect. That's why I sometimes love Ghost Stories, you can't deny that it's perfect for night driving. :D Can't wait to do it again.

^ Yes. That and just as the sun is coming up in the morning--especially if it's a bit foggy and the leaves are just turning and the air is nice and crisp and cool

. . . apparently I have very specific tastes as to when Coldplay albums should be listened to :P

Exactly the same way here.... I love listening to Parachutes at that time as well. I find X&Y most enjoyable on rainy days IMO... anyone else feel this way?

X&Y, AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF are good for any time of the day in my opinion ;) That being said, I also choose a lot depending on my current mood.

When I feel angry, AROBTTH is the better choice for me and when I feel depressed, it is X&Y. When I feel upbeat I'm more likely to choose VLVODAAHF. When I feel at peace with the world it's Parachutes. When I feel in celebratory mood, MX is not that bad (although I don't like it very much).

I find X&Y most enjoyable on rainy days IMO... anyone else feel this way?

I don't...For rainy days I need something upbeat to prevent my mood from going down.

LOve the song, it's Chris saying how grateful and happy he is for wonderful people in his life and the beautiful universe. The sat on the roof part and the piano do remind me of early Elton John and Your Song.

Think they should call the song Amazing Grace! Runs away...:D

Dude, that's a movie moment.

I also had one yesterday morning. I was on my way to work, listening to Amazing Day in the car. The sun was rising and fog was hanging low over the fields. And just as I came to the spot with the most stunning view a flock of birds flew in front of my car and I hit the climax of the song. Unforgettable.

Dude, that's a movie moment.

I also had one yesterday morning. I was on my way to work, listening to Amazing Day in the car. The sun was rising and fog was hanging low over the fields. And just as I came to the spot with the most stunning view a flock of birds flew in front of my car and I hit the climax of the song. Unforgettable.

I love those sorts of unforgettable moments you have while listening to Coldplay while driving... if your surroundings line up it can be pretty unforgettable. That must have been a such an indescribable experience for you... people are already having amazing experiences with this new song.

(BTW thanks for bringing the thread back to what it's actually supposed to be about, Amazing Day. It was getting a little off topic :P)