✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Guest diogo_sg

Well, I like the song. It's slow yet uplifting. It grew on me very fast and now I can't stop humming it. I'm really looking forward for the studio version (if there will be one at all).

They were way more memorable to me.

To get a connection to a slower song, Strawberry Swing caught me the same way as those fast songs mentioned above.

Strawberry Swing is a really happy song. Amazing Day, while uplifting, it's... different. Somewhat dramatic. But I see your point. Coldplay can't always put out stuff that will please every single fan. Some will like it, some won't.

Well, I like the song. It's slow yet uplifting. It grew on me very fast and now I can't stop humming it. I'm really looking forward for the studio version (if there will be one at all).

Strawberry Swing is a really happy song. Amazing Day, while uplifting, it's... different. Somewhat dramatic. But I see your point. Coldplay can't always put out stuff that will please every single fan. Some will like it, some won't.

Funilly enough, I was listening to Strawberry Swing while reading this comment. It's a pretty nice song. :)

I'm also glad you like Amazing Day. :D

Nah. Its not bad. I have it on my phone but rarely listen to it too. [emoji23]

I had Violet Hill on repeat back then, such as I had Talk or their first televised performances of Charlie Brown and Major Minus at Rock am Ring in 2011. Even that crappy first video of POC from Rock im Park, I was obsessed with.

Not got those feeling for Amazing Day tho.

I agree... I can listen to other songs a lot and I really like them... but Amazing Day I feel. is a nice song but it doesn't make me want to listen to it every day. Which is good I guess so I don't get sick of it :D... but I just don't feel inspired to listen to it. I really do like the song... but it doesn't draw me in to listen to it every single day...

I haven't heard it as much as I want, but I enjoy every second when I listen to it. I love the lyrics and the melody gives me so much peace. I think I can't compare it to any other song Coldplay have written.

even AIMH?

Nope. Maybe they have the same pace. They make me feel different emotions. They have different sounds. I'm not an expert in music but I think Jonny has more diversity of notes in Amazing Day rather than in AIMH and the bass and drums also sound different. Well, that's my perspective.

Isn't it funny that I like neither AIMH, Strawberry Swing nor Amazing Day ? :thinking: and I seem to be the only person out there to whom this applies..

Well I think that if you don't like AIMH it's at least quite probable you wouldn't like Amazing Day, they're such similar songs when you think of it... same drumbeat, a lot of them is the same, it's like they reworked AIMH for the theme of AHFOD... they're just day and night versions of each other... unless you prefer one theme to another you'd probably either like both of them or not like both of them :P

But if you throw Strawberry Swing in there... then it gets funny.. There's not a lot in common between Strawberry and AD/AIMH... it's quite funny actually:P

I haven't heard it as much as I want' date=' but I enjoy every second when I listen to it. I love the lyrics and the melody gives me so much peace. I think I can't compare it to any other song Coldplay have written.[/quote']

What??? Now that's a first... besides me. I originally said that Amazing Day was better than Paradise IMO and was my fav song already... now it has "shrinked" on me and isn't even in my top 5 anymore... are you sure there's no better song that Coldplay as made? Try Paradise? Or Viva? The Scientist? Clocks? U.F.O (although that is a bit short)?

Don't get me wrong, I do very much enjoy Amazing Day. :D But IMO there are better songs that Coldplay has made when I come to think of it now...

EDIT: Also, if you like this, then chances are you're going to love AHFOD because this very certainly does give a preview as to what is coming... probably a slow preview though, this album will probably be quite a bit faster than just AD. :D

I haven't said it's their best song. What I tried to say is that there isn't a song that it's similar to it. Some of you have compared it to AIMH but I think they have different sounds that share the same pace. And, yes, I'm looking forward to listening to AHFOD but the wait is getting hard.

I haven't said it's their best song. What I tried to say is that there isn't a song that it's similar to it. Some of you have compared it to AIMH but I think they have different sounds that share the same pace. And' date=' yes, I'm looking forward to listening to AHFOD but the wait is getting hard.[/quote']

Ohhh I see. Thanks for clarifying that makes a lot more sense! :D Amazing Day is quite a bit unique... it doesn't sound too similar to AIMH but they have the same drumbeat and the same sort of beat etc... some thing similar but they do provide different emotions. It's almost like Up in Flames as well, just an uplifting version of it.

Ohhh I see. Thanks for clarifying that makes a lot more sense! :D Amazing Day is quite a bit unique... it doesn't sound too similar to AIMH but they have the same drumbeat and the same sort of beat etc... some thing similar but they do provide different emotions. It's almost like Up in Flames as well, just an uplifting version of it.

No problem :) I don't think it's similar to UiF. If we talk about the message I think it's the next part of O. And it almost share the meaning of ASFOS.

No problem :) I don't think it's similar to UiF. If we talk about the message I think it's the next part of O. And it almost share the meaning of ASFOS.

That would make a lot of sense... O was the last track in the normal version of GS so I guess the next thing they release off an album would relate to that. Great thinking by Coldplay there :)

I don't think Amazing Day sounds similar to either AIMH or Up In Flames to be honest. Out of the three, Amazing Day is probably the one I even like best. AIMH was very dull imho, Amazing Day is a little more interesting. As for Strawberry Swing, I dunno, for some reason it never connected with me. :D (Funnily, for a friend of mine, it is the only Coldplay song she likes besides Viva...)

I don't think Amazing Day sounds similar to either AIMH or Up In Flames to be honest. Out of the three' date=' Amazing Day is probably the one I even like best. AIMH was very dull imho, Amazing Day is a little more interesting. As for Strawberry Swing, I dunno, for some reason it never connected with me. :D (Funnily, for a friend of mine, it is the [b']only[/b] Coldplay song she likes besides Viva...)

Haha I see now :) Yeah I think I'd pick Amazing Day to be the best out of the three now... AIMH is pretty good IMO and Up In Flames is also good, not great but pretty good. (Just personal opinion). And on Strawberry Swing I kind of get what you mean, there isn't really anything to it... but in my opinion it's a nice little tune to enjoy :) Again that's just what I think. And that's quite funny how your friend only likes that song besides Viva...

For me, the song with the most Oldplay vibe off GS is Ghost Story. It's the only song that made it into my list of songs I listen to regularly, although Fly On is also quite good.

no :)

Yeah ghost story is too. But all your friends remind me something of x&y. And the final part where piano and guitar work along is soo x&y. The darkness of the song it is too. Its like the dark songs of them in the past, like spies or the x&y song. Ghost story is more like a shiver or how you see the world... its around there haha. But both of them are better than almost everything in the album haha.

I didn't like the melody and vocals of All Your Friends too much, that's why Ghost Story is for me the only true song with a great melodic Oldplay vibe on GS. :)

Ghost story sounds so raw, just drums, guitar, and bass, no overlaying synths anywhere, it's a beautiful song. In my opinion, it's the best song they've made since VLV.

Ghost story sounds so raw' date=' just drums, guitar, and bass, no overlaying synths anywhere, it's a beautiful song. In my opinion, it's the best song they've made since VLV.[/quote']

In my opinion Paradise is the best song since VLV... but that's just an opinion, and only that:P

Ghost Story to me is one of the least best songs since VLV... it's raw which is one plus about it, and I do enjoy the song. But in my opinion what Coldplay did with MX just outshines Ghost Story completely.. the only song which is worse from that era was Major Minus. In GS terms however, it is a pretty decent song. :)

I didn't like the melody and vocals of All Your Friends too much' date=' that's why Ghost Story is for me the only true song with a great melodic Oldplay vibe on GS. :)[/quote']

I do really like All Your Friends... such a great song that in my opinion has so much of an X&Y vibe... I know you don't like it but you got to admit it sounds so much like that... Like for example there's a few songs that you don't really like on X&Y, you could think of All Your Friends being one of those Oldplay X&Y-ish songs you really don't like that much... I personally like All Your Friends. Great melody IMO, and the message behind it is very respectful of Coldplay, Great job Coldplay :) I rarely listen to it though... I don't even think I've listened to it one time through.

And what about Fly On? That's a very raw song too... IMO it's definetely the GS version of What If. It's a very nice and simple tune. Again Coldplay seems to be great at making small simple tunes like Fly On and making them great. I don't know what it is about Coldplay that makes them able to do that but it works! :D In my opinion that's a very X&Y album type style song. :D Although it's very calm and cool like the GS is... X&Y does have that side to it though, and GS is kind of like a toned-down version of X&Y (that obviously isn't really nearly as good. :P But I still very much enjoy GS...) X&Y's "calm" songs are very raw like Gravity, What If, and Fly On are all very similar. And all really have a bit of GS-vibe to it (but are more raw so obviously have X&Y in it:P)

Haven't heard this song in a while. I was hooked in the beginning but then I simply forgot it. Will it stand the test of time? Guess we will have to wait and hear the studio version. The experience to he song reminds me of my experience with Us Against The World: obsessed at the beginning but then it turned out irrelevant in comparison to the rest of the band's catalogue.

In my opinion Paradise is the best song since VLV... but that's just an opinion, and only that:P

Ghost Story to me is one of the least best songs since VLV... it's raw which is one plus about it, and I do enjoy the song. But in my opinion what Coldplay did with MX just outshines Ghost Story completely.. the only song which is worse from that era was Major Minus. In GS terms however, it is a pretty decent song. :)

I do really like All Your Friends... such a great song that in my opinion has so much of an X&Y vibe... I know you don't like it but you got to admit it sounds so much like that... Like for example there's a few songs that you don't really like on X&Y, you could think of All Your Friends being one of those Oldplay X&Y-ish songs you really don't like that much... I personally like All Your Friends. Great melody IMO, and the message behind it is very respectful of Coldplay, Great job Coldplay :) I rarely listen to it though... I don't even think I've listened to it one time through.

And what about Fly On? That's a very raw song too... IMO it's definetely the GS version of What If. It's a very nice and simple tune. Again Coldplay seems to be great at making small simple tunes like Fly On and making them great. I don't know what it is about Coldplay that makes them able to do that but it works! :D In my opinion that's a very X&Y album type style song. :D Although it's very calm and cool like the GS is... X&Y does have that side to it though, and GS is kind of like a toned-down version of X&Y (that obviously isn't really nearly as good. :P But I still very much enjoy GS...) X&Y's "calm" songs are very raw like Gravity, What If, and Fly On are all very similar. And all really have a bit of GS-vibe to it (but are more raw so obviouly have X&Y in it:P)

For me, GS and X&Y sound completely different in every respect, but that may just be my perception. Maybe it is the electric drumbeat for example on All Your Friends.

About Fly On, I agree that it's a good song. The vocals could be a bit better imho but I like the intonation of "And I aaaaaaaaalways..". I dunno, sometimes I can't even explain why I like one song more than another, so even though Fly On is very good, I didn't build this emotional connection to it that I have with songsl like What If, Gravity or Fix You.

But then also, I often listen to entire albums and a reason could be that I very, very rarely listen to GS, as opposed to X&Y which I listen to all the time. For that reason Fly On is less familiar to me from hearing than many other Coldplay songs.

For me, GS and X&Y sound completely different in every respect, but that may just be my perception. Maybe it is the electric drumbeat for example on All Your Friends.

About Fly On, I agree that it's a good song. The vocals could be a bit better imho but I like the intonation of "And I aaaaaaaaalways..". I dunno, sometimes I can't even explain why I like one song more than another, so even though Fly On is very good, I didn't build this emotional connection to it that I have with songsl like What If, Gravity or Fix You.

But then also, I often listen to entire albums and a reason could be that I very, very rarely listen to GS, as opposed to X&Y which I listen to all the time. For that reason Fly On is less familiar to me from hearing than many other Coldplay songs.

I don't listen to GS a lot but I think that GS and X&Y sound similar a bit... GS is kind of low-tone ish and dark and so is X&Y a little bit (although it is brighter). X&Y's calm side really resembles GS... although one is mostly synthpop, the other is alternative.

I personally really enjoy Fly On. I think that really is a very Oldplay-ish track with a bit of GS calm's twist on it... it's a very enjoyable track. I have quite an emotional connection to the song, but I think it is deeper as you said with songs like Fix You, Gravity, or What If. Fly On is kind of those type -kind of tracks (especially Gravity). Those kind of Oldplay-tracks are very similar to what Fly On has to offer IMO.... one thing though. Fly On is kind of short :(

I listen to GS a bit but not a lot... usually I do it at night which is the perfect time to listen to it IMO... I listen to X&Y quite a bit as well, I very well enjoy the album. :) I can understand that you don't really listen to Fly On as much... some of the time I kind of listen to Coldplay songs and shuffle thme while other times i just go right ahead and listen to an album I think is appropriate to the situation I am in.:D

BTW, speaking of albums that are good to listen to at night, I certainly think that Parachutes is one of those albums that are better to listen to during night than in the day. But truly that album is best listened to at dusk... :)

Yeah, Parachutes is the ideal dusk album !

As I said, it may be due to my hardly ever listening to GS (though if I do, it is usually in the middle of the night...)

X&Y is an album that I can't attribute to a particular time in the day but rather to a particular feeling/mood. Usually when I'm down (and I often am :() it's a good choice.

Yeah, Parachutes is the ideal dusk album !

As I said, it may be due to my hardly ever listening to GS (though if I do, it is usually in the middle of the night...)

X&Y is an album that I can't attribute to a particular time in the day but rather to a particular feeling/mood. Usually when I'm down (and I often am :() it's a good choice.

X&Y is universal in its language.

All Your Friends is a great song and I actually prefer it to Ghost Story