✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Well, it's not like I have a superpower but I hear "oceans, oceans, oceans" at the 1:08-1:12 mark-ish. No source, just trying to listen carefully. [emoji28]

Hey... you're right! I actually heard him say "Oceans. oceans, oceans" right there! Can confirm that... and that's from me just putting it on my speakers.

It's easy to hear when casually listening the echo, but you've gotta be paying close attention to make out "Oceans"... again, that's pretty cool how you found that out... from casually listening right?

You know the best song of ghost stories, for me its all your friends. It have some vibe of oldplay that I like it so much

For me, the song with the most Oldplay vibe off GS is Ghost Story. It's the only song that made it into my list of songs I listen to regularly, although Fly On is also quite good.

Quote:Originally Posted by I ran away;5743425

I heard Chris says satanic things when you listen closely in Cemeteries of London.

REALLY?!

no :)

I'm not sure, to be honest. Because Up With The Birds has these lines and themes about going far away and leaving everything behind to find the person you love at the end with a positive attitude that one day it will happen, while Amazing Day depicts a comfortable situation and sitting next to the person you love. There'd be so much missing in-between.

Yeah, it could be some happy end a long time after the events of MX. A kind of epilogue. But then MX would be even cheeeeeeeeeeeeeesier, wouldn't it ? :P

Idk about cheesy.....I think the band poured a lot of thought into that album, but I will always try to defend MX without offending Oldplayers too much :)

Idk about cheesy.....I think the band poured a lot of thought into that album' date=' but I will always try to defend MX without offending Oldplayers too much :)[/quote']

Same here... I think MX is a great album, it's my fav in fact :P

Is it bad that I already have forgotten about Amazing Day ?

Since they played it over two weeks ago, I didnt felt the need to listen to it again :/

Nah. Its not bad. I have it on my phone but rarely listen to it too. [emoji23]

Guest diogo_sg
I had Violet Hill on repeat back then, such as I had Talk or their first televised performances of Charlie Brown and Major Minus at Rock am Ring in 2011. Even that crappy first video of POC from Rock im Park, I was obsessed with.

Not got those feeling for Amazing Day tho.

Well, Amazing Day is a slow song. All those you mentioned are heavier/faster songs. Maybe they left a better impression on you when you first heard them.

I think I listened to Amazing Day for about ten times, and then grew tired of it.

And now I can only remember the last part of the song where everybody is "ooOOOOoooOOooh"-ing (again).

And everytime I try to remember the actual lyrics my brain switches to "Always In My Head" :blank:

for me the initial criticism was just because of this. amazing day is forgettable and sounds uninspired. if it ends up in lp7 (which seems highly likely unless it goes the way of MTM) it will be a deep cut like UIF.

I think I listened to Amazing Day for about ten times, and then grew tired of it.

And now I can only remember the last part of the song where everybody is "ooOOOOoooOOooh"-ing (again).

And everytime I try to remember the actual lyrics my brain switches to "Always In My Head" :blank:

ditto!