✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Guest diogo_sg
This list proves that not really that true... [emoji14]

Maybe I shouldn't have said that that way. But compared with the total number of songs... It's still a little, huh, small list.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that that way. But compared with the total number of songs... It's still a little, huh, small list.

You are right... it is a little small compared to their total songs but that is to be expected.:P

Guest diogo_sg
Well, somewhere around 3 quarters into the song he says "O..." and if you listen really carefully you can hear him complete the word. He sings it more clearly/loudly in the live version. :)

Huh, I had never noticed that :curious:

Well' date=' somewhere around 3 quarters into the song he says "O..." and if you listen really carefully you can hear him complete the word. He sings it more clearly/loudly in the live version. :)[/quote']

Just listened to it... I couldn't hear it but it'll probably take more than one try. :P

Does he say it in the "second" part of the song so to speak? You know, the part that starts around 4:00 in the song. Or is it just before that? Because he says "O" then but I think he stops... I never heard him say "OOOOOOO" than "ceans" in a whisper before, I thought he just stopped before that. Is that what you're talking about? The end of the first part? Or the beginning of the second part? Or sometime else?

EDIT: It'd be very nice of you to listen to the song again, than say the time of the song where he whispers it, in case I'm wrong. :P

Right, I've been listening to the song on the computer through the speakers which isn't the best way to look for something hidden in the song. Besides there's people sleeping at my place I don't want to wake up, and I really want to hear him say it so I'll turn up on my headphones and see if I get any luck there. If you have any tips @theprospekt, or the time which he says "Oceans" please let me know! :D

Well, somewhere around 3 quarters into the song he says "O..." and if you listen really carefully you can hear him complete the word. He sings it more clearly/loudly in the live version. :)

I think you're referring to the part where he sings "oh" before the line "alone in this world." When he's singing it live he just sings "alone in this world" away from the mic before singing the same line properly. Unless you're referring to a different part.

you really notice it, and can see it here:

[video=youtube;axWQoA1Psh0]

Ohhhh I cen hear it now in the live version. But just barely!

Ignore my above posts asking where it is @theprospekt, I know where to look now. I can hear him whisper it but holy is he ever quiet about it! I guess that makes Oceans a song where he does say the title in the lyrics... but sneakily! :P I guess that one isn't on the list then... I always thought he never said it which made Oceans one of those songs without the title in the lyrics, I gues I was wrong! :P

That live version though.....

Someone needs to take that live version and mix it with the album version! That way you get this amazing live performance with the Jonny's improved guitar and the great atmospherics towards the end. Chris' acoustic guitar sounds loads better live. The album acoustic guitar feels really plasticky for some reason.

I could hear it in the live version... in the album version I listened to it again (at my bedroom window, guess what, it was a really great experience listening to Oceans at that time so I'll post about it [thread=104884]here[/thread] (Yay! I found the thread! :D)) and I could hear him say "O" around 2:58 in the song, but I couldn't hear him finish it off by whispering "Oceans", I could hear it in the live version so now I know where to look in the album version (anyone reading this post who still didn't hear it, go to @2:55 and you'll hear him say "O" after a few seconds than maybe whisper Oceans afterwards). I tried again with my headphones and I think mayyybe I heard a teeeeeny touch of something but still not sure... thanks though @jc90 for the video, I can now hear a little bit of it at least in "Oceans", this live version confirmed that Oceans does have the title in the lyrics, however I am yet to hear the whole thing in the album version. Thanks though, that live version really helped me! :D

Not to be some 'Coldplay elitist'' date=' but i'm surprised more ppl haven't seen this clip. It was the debut of the song afterall.[/quote']

Well, I really haven't heard the clip until now...

I think in the studio version you kind of have to "want to hear it". But I believe that's what it's supposed to be. Based on the fact that he says it more clearly in the live version.

Glad I'm not crazy, and other people were actually able to hear it/find it[emoji38]

I'm definitely going to listen to Oceans in my headphones when I get home, and see if I can really hear it. If I can't hear it in my Grado headphones in a quiet apartment... it's not there. [emoji38] but I still think that the "O..." is supposed to be oceans even though it's cut off.

That live version though.....

Someone needs to take that live version and mix it with the album version! That way you get this amazing live performance with the Jonny's improved guitar and the great atmospherics towards the end. Chris' acoustic guitar sounds loads better live. The album acoustic guitar feels really plasticky for some reason.

I listen to GS Live 2014 more than I listen to the actual album. I think every song sounds better live, especially Oceans. The mixes are better, the acoustic guitar sounds better, and the atmospherics are better. Even Another's Arms, which I really dislike on the actual album, sounds much better live.

(anyone reading this post who still didn't hear it, go to @2:55 and you'll hear him say "O" after a few seconds than maybe whisper Oceans afterwards

Still don't think he says Oceans. He's just whispering "alone in this world." Lip read :P