✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] AOAL Premier at Nick Grimshaw Show BBC1

gai

For everyone wondering if they can find the audio afterwards, if you download the TuneIn app (or go to their website) and search for BBC Radio 1, you can click on "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw" and view the episodes from the past 5 days....I'm sure they will have tomorrow's episode uploaded there soon after the show is over.

EDIT: Better yet, just search "The Radio 1 Breakfast Show With Nick Grimshaw" and you can find it under "Programs"

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doooo it. It's so much fun. I remember being here when ETiaW dropped and Midnight appeared. Those were two pretty polarizing songs but it was still a great experience. Other than the teasing leading up to a release, the day the first new song from an album drops is my favorite time on the forums :D

Everyone should experience it once!

I have decided to do it !!!

Should I stay up till 2:45 AM to hear it? I've got school tomorrow but like @I ran away said, I don't want to miss the last (at least for a while) Coldplay premiere.

For me it isn't because it is the last...I mean, there are surely more singles off AHFOD and probably more albums to come. I don't wanna miss it coz it's the first opportunity for me !! :D

It is 1245 am for me and i usually go to asleep around midnight....probably going to just sleep and wake up early. Don't want to get too jazzed and stay up all night!

But guys! A DANCY COLDPLAY SONG!? This is something we have never heard from them at all. A completely new style potentially. Groovy too! Super anxious to see how that turns out and what genre of music it fits into best: pop, alternative pop, electronic pop, post-punk. Who knows!

I'm interested to see the reactions after everyone hears the full song. This is the first Coldplay release I can remember where virtually all the initial reactions were positive. In fact, I don't think I saw a single person who was disappointed with the snippet yesterday.

Here's to hoping the full song lives up to the sneak peak!

I'm interested to see the reactions after everyone hears the full song. This is the first Coldplay release I can remember where virtually all the initial reactions were positive. In fact, I don't think I saw a single person who was disappointed with the snippet yesterday.

Absolutely. Even I, Newplay's harshest critic, was head over heels for the snippet and the psychedelic artwork.

Are Coldplay back in business? :D

Absolutely. Even I, Newplay's harshest critic, was head over heels for the snippet and the psychedelic artwork.

Are Coldplay back in business? :D

I'm just hoping these words come out of Chris' mouth in his interviews tomorrow: *Chris accent* "So, um, yeah we're kinda returning to our roots with this album"

Eh, one can only hope

Are Coldplay back in business?

and chris back to his better songwriter-self? saw this earlier today and was thinking the same thing.

off topic:

once of the first reviews on kylie's christmas album:

"The album's original material holds its own alongside the yuletide classics, the standout being the Chris Martin-penned “Every Day's Like Christmas,” the most modern-sounding song in the set." x

We may have to rename the Oldplay thread :lol:

Wait wait wait. We'll have to see how the album turns out. I also liked the snippet but the fact remains that it is still produced by Stargate and it may be overtly poppy or happy. Like Midnight was not representative for Ghost Stories, this snippet may not be representative of the album. Let's wait and see.

and chris back to his better songwriter-self? saw this earlier today and was thinking the same thing.

I don't care if we get really boring and bland lyrics (a-la amazing day) once the music has a bit of an edge to it. The guitar riff in the snippet made me so proud. Hope the song (and full album) follow a similar vein!

I'm just hoping these words come out of Chris' mouth in his interviews tomorrow: *Chris accent* "So, um, yeah we're kinda returning to our roots with this album"

Eh, one can only hope

And maybe instead we'll get the following words: *Chris accent* "So um, you know, we have been thinking, Lady Gaga and One Direction make all this great music and we, you know, we have never been as good as they are. And can we possibly make some very happy music now ? So A Head Full Of Dreams is inspired by Katy Perry's work, and we hope you like it. But, um, you know, I'd still give my left arm to write anything as good as Justin Bieber's latest album."