✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-06] AOAL Premier at Nick Grimshaw Show BBC1

gai

This is entirely off-topic, but Sparky your tagline and avatar go perfectly together and make me laugh :lol:

More on-topic: Coldplay has been following a trend of having their more bombastic singles drop second. Viva was bigger than Violet Hill, Paradise bigger than ETiaW, and ASFoS bigger than Magic. So the question is . . . as loud and bombastic as AOAL is, are we going to get an even bigger song sometime between tomorrow and Dec. 4? I find that kind of hard to imagine, going off the 7-second snippet we've all heard :uhoh:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is entirely off-topic, but Sparky your tagline and avatar go perfectly together and make me laugh :lol:

More on-topic: Coldplay has been following a trend of having their more bombastic singles drop second. Viva was bigger than Violet Hill, Paradise bigger than ETiaW, and ASFoS bigger than Magic. So the question is . . . as loud and bombastic as AOAL is, are we going to get an even bigger song sometime between tomorrow and Dec. 4? I find that kind of hard to imagine, going off the 7-second snippet we've all heard :uhoh:

True.

Just something to point out. The time of Coldplay's video might not be referring to the BBC Radio 1 debut, it could be the actual time of release, so it's safer to say it will played anytime from the beginning of Nick Grimshaw's show at 07:30 :)

Made a mini events guide on the new Coldplaying article for Friday: http://www.coldplaying.com/premier-of-new-single-aoal-on-bbc-radio-1-breakfast-friday-0730-uk-time/

CTEv-_BWEAEriF2.jpg

I'd argue the pattern of the second single being bigger on the first goes right back to day one:

Yellow > Shiver

The Scientist > In My Place

Fix You > Speed of Sound

Viva la Vida > Violet Hill

Paradise > Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

A Sky Full of Stars > Magic

If there is going to be a hit single on this album, history suggests it will be the second one released.

bbc1 is teasing. as if we didn't know who..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Evening you lot! So tomorrow we have a secret guest. But we can't tell you who. It's THAT secret. Obvs keep this to yourself </p>— BBC Radio1 Breakfast (@R1Breakfast) <a href="https://twitter.com/R1Breakfast/status/662363958502891521">November 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mobile link

bbc1 is teasing. as if we didn't know who..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Evening you lot! So tomorrow we have a secret guest. But we can't tell you who. It's THAT secret. Obvs keep this to yourself ��</p>— BBC Radio1 Breakfast (@R1Breakfast) <a href="https://twitter.com/R1Breakfast/status/662363958502891521">November 5, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mobile link

Was just about to post that. I read people hoping for one direction, sorry guys not this time :laugh3:

@R1Breakfast please let it be one direction #fingerscrossed

Was just about to post that. I read people hoping for one direction, sorry guys not this time

Imagine that: some of us are getting up in the middle of the night for... 1D. :D

I have found a 7 days free trial alternative for HOLA so I'm hoping that this live video is going to work tomorrow!

Hm, it's in the middle of the night in the US. Should I get up ? I know it'll appear on Youtube for sure during the day, but then I have never ever heard a Coldplay premiere before and probably never will. :thinking:

Doooo it. It's so much fun. I remember being here when ETiaW dropped and Midnight appeared. Those were two pretty polarizing songs but it was still a great experience. Other than the teasing leading up to a release, the day the first new song from an album drops is my favorite time on the forums :D

Everyone should experience it once!

It's only an audio only stream, or?

I know BBC sometimes stream video as well.

In the link on the first page you can find the url to the video stream.

It's not certain though that it will be active tomorrow.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.