✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full Of Dreams (Title track)

Coeurli

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's seemed to mention it before but I'll say it now: this is extremely similar to the beginning at least of Thing's I Dont understand. Their beginnings are very similar. The high guitar parts even resemble each other sound-wise. I'd be willing to bet they took Thing's I Don't Understand's beginning, twisted it up a bit, and the result was AHFOD. Now I don't know about the rest of the song since I've never heard it but the beginning, just go back and hear Thing's I don't understand again, it's so similar.

No one's seemed to mention it before but I'll say it now: this is extremely similar to the beginning at least of Thing's I Dont understand. Their beginnings are very similar. The high guitar parts even resemble each other sound-wise. I'd be willing to bet they took Thing's I Don't Understand's beginning, twisted it up a bit, and the result was AHFOD. Now I don't know about the rest of the song since I've never heard it but the beginning, just go back and hear Thing's I don't understand again, it's so similar.

Why haven't you heard it yet?

To be honest, if they kept the album limited to "AHFOD/Up&Up/Birds" like songs, then it would have become the best Coldplay album (critically) since AROBTTH. Then Hymn's "drunk and high" lyrics, Fun's mainstream Taylor Swift-like acoustic guitar, and X Marks my Crap came in and ruined the album.

Agreed.

To be honest, if they kept the album limited to "AHFOD/Up&Up/Birds" like songs, then it would have become the best Coldplay album (critically) since AROBTTH. Then Hymn's "drunk and high" lyrics, Fun's mainstream Taylor Swift-like acoustic guitar, and X Marks my Crap came in and ruined the album.

i'd agree with you, but birds got very little love from the reviewers i think. one even called it a real dud. hahaa!

• Like 1

If that would have been the case I think this would have beaten MX for my top fav album. But they wouldn't do that, since they are highly experimental in this album, which is also very nice but sacrifices how good the album is. I like what they tried tho. Can't blame them for trying out hip-hop (what kind of band does alt-rock, disco-rock, full-on pop, EDM AND Hip-hop? That's right, no other band)

• Like 4

and X Marks my Crap came in and ruined the album.

That made me laugh haha I dont know what would result in more critical acclaim, but ultimately I´d rather have songs I like than songs critics like. I dont like 80% of what critics recommend, so there it is :)

• Like 2

That made me laugh haha I dont know what would result in more critical acclaim, but ultimately I´d rather have songs I like than songs critics like. I dont like 80% of what critics recommend, so there it is :)

As Roger Waters once said "Critics will scoff F*** em' " :cool:

In their interview on facebook they said its the hardest song they worked on from this album

They took parts from 6 different songs to make this and alot of work and editing ....... no wonder why it sound that great

Besides It's chris fav song from the album :D

• Like 2

Besides It's chris fav song from the album :D

Yeah I heard that, he said because of the lyrics I think? That he was singing what he was put on this earth to do or something? :)

But I think he also said Adventure was his favourite Coldplay song ever? Hehe

Hmm, I actually hear more of Things I Don't Understand in Birds, but now that I think of it I see what you mean. :p

• Like 1

This is spot on! If the whole album was similar to AHFOD, I'd say this album would be a solid Grammy contender. But there's just too many different experimentations that don't gel together. Nevertheless, a good album :D

P.S. I hope they'll come up with a Prospekt March like EP that has all the other tracks that didn't make it.

• Like 1

This is actually the first Coldplay album where I was not thrilled by the album opener. Funny thing is, it's also the first time the abum closer doesn't thrill me either. Maybe it's because I had such high expectations of a first track that I found this disappointing. Today I put the album on and actually skipped straight to Birds. This never happens!

Maybe if it had been somewhere other than the first or last position I would be able to see what everyone else seems to see (or hear) in it. Right now it seems like this will take a while for me to grow into. :(

Lol ok that smiley looks way sadder than I actually am :D

• Like 1

Maybe if it had been somewhere other than the first or last position I would be able to see what everyone else seems to see (or hear) in it. Right now it seems like this will take a while for me to grow into. :(

Lol ok that smiley looks way sadder than I actually am :D

LOL to your smiley comment :) What I see in it: I love the lyrics and the bass line, though I dont quite dig the U2 vibe in it :) But I just love how its the first song, cuz it opens for everything else, its saying like "hey im in this magical land and my head´s full of dreams, and all the following songs are like all the dreams" hehe :)

I finally found out what kind of situation the beginning of the song reminds me of - what the picture is I associate with it.

To me it feels like coming from the more somber Ghost Stories era (the intro reminds me of the bells at the end of Oceans as well as O) and then opening the door to a club (or a room full of life if you want) with AHFOD already playing. Then I enter the room, the music gets louder, the door closes behind me, the guitar welcomes me, and I'm in the middle of this new chapter. :)

• Like 6

Guest diogo_sg
I finally found out what kind of situation the beginning of the song reminds me of - what the picture is I associate with it.

To me it feels like coming from the more somber Ghost Stories era (the intro reminds me of the bells at the end of Oceans as well as O) and then opening the door to a club (or a room full of life if you want) with AHFOD already playing. Then I enter the room, the music gets louder, the door closes behind me, the guitar welcomes me, and I'm in the middle of this new chapter. :)

Wow! That's such a nice way to look at it! And it perfectly fulfils the "day to GS night" thing.

Wow! That's such a nice way to look at it! And it perfectly fulfils the "day to GS night" thing.

Yeah, I guess it does. :) I had this feeling right from the first time listening to it, but I couldn't pinpoint it and describe the exact situation that subconsciously must have come to my mind.