✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

Coeurli

I read The Conference of Birds yesterday. It is presumably the book which inspired this song.

In the poem, the birds of the world gather to decide who is to be their king, as they have none. The hoopoe, the wisest of them all, suggests that they should find the legendary Simorgh, a mythical Persian bird roughly equivalent to the western phoenix. The hoopoe leads the birds, each of whom represent a human fault which prevents man from attaining enlightenment. When the group of thirty birds finally reach the dwelling place of the Simorgh, all they find is a lake in which they see their own reflection.

The birds must cross seven valleys in order to find the Simorgh:

Yearning

Love

Knowledge of Spiritual Truth

Detachment

Unity of God

Bewilderment

Selflessness

Nice find, would be really cool if that was the inspiration behind Birds !

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm makes me wonder if Coldplay has any birds as pets??

I also wonder if they also have monkeys or elephants as pets?

Oh yeah, Coldplay have ever got a song called 'Animals' back in the day so we can all predict Coldplay love animals so much.

Guest LiquidSky
I also wonder if they also have monkeys or elephants as pets?

Oh yeah, Coldplay have ever got a song called 'Animals' back in the day so we can all predict Coldplay love animals so much.

:P

Guest diogo_sg
after the verse we heard I expect a chorus like rainy day, with davide rossi's violins... it must be more various than this I guess

Hope so! That sounds heavenly [emoji7]

Im really wanting that birds be really something more unique in cold discografy. Like Chris said, now there are no limits. I like that thought, it makes me think that they can do anything since cheesy pop to something like Kid a or the king of limbs from radiohead, and that ideia its awsome, gives me hope for the future of the band