Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

Coeurli

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birds sounds like a calm track. I'll be surprised if it's HEAVY METAL:laugh3:

Lol :lol:

I once jokingly predicted they would write a song called Birds so I can't believe it came true! :D I'm guessing this one will be more subdued. A song called Birds sounds like a ballad to me, especially coming from Coldplay.

Favourite song title from AHFOD at the moment, wonder if the song itself will be as good as its title

Wow, I am not so enthusiastic for this title. Dunno, just sounds weird... It's gonna be about Twitter with lyrics like "I replied to your tweet" in the chorus haha

Up In Flames, Fly On, the single cover for Magic... haha is the "up" song or "bird" song a new tradition?

Oh yeah forgot about that lmao. Magic music video also features birds in it. Chris is probably obsessed with the birds [emoji38]

Next LP8 will be more about Birds That Are Up, Up In The Sky

I read The Conference of Birds yesterday. It is presumably the book which inspired this song.

In the poem, the birds of the world gather to decide who is to be their king, as they have none. The hoopoe, the wisest of them all, suggests that they should find the legendary Simorgh, a mythical Persian bird roughly equivalent to the western phoenix. The hoopoe leads the birds, each of whom represent a human fault which prevents man from attaining enlightenment. When the group of thirty birds finally reach the dwelling place of the Simorgh, all they find is a lake in which they see their own reflection.

The birds must cross seven valleys in order to find the Simorgh:

Yearning

Love

Knowledge of Spiritual Truth

Detachment

Unity of God

Bewilderment

Selflessness

this video art by Ryan Woodward for Gravity song it's pure and so beautiful. at around 3.50 there is a bird again...this video could be interpretation behind last two albums (ghost stories and ahfod) dream, birds, another's arms, always in my mind, aoal... oooor maybe not :D

anyway wonderful video and song...enjoy [video=youtube;fIyFgygYW7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyFgygYW7s