✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

Coeurli

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dislike the ending though, when I'm so into the song and it's speeding up at the end, I can only think of "damnnn it's going to end any second now, I don't want it to end already and then - COO" But I guess that's exactly what they wanted to accomplish with it and they suceeded.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

Guest LiquidSky
Seriously!!! Can someone tell me why this site is telling me it's unread and it keeps showing up in Settings when it really doesn't have any unread posts???

The site is still having some server issues.

The sheer amount of general negativity on this forum is insane- and the negativity just isn't to X marks the spot- it's to literally everything off the album!

Umm no? There's never been anyone criticizing Birds (obviously). After the studio version got released, few are complaining about it. Some say Everglow is generic, but many are praising it's beauty. Even the people who dislike this album in every way shape and form say that there are a few nice songs on this album. I think you might want to look closer from now on.

^I can tell' date=' I couldn't access the site for like half of the day, I thought something had leaked again haha[/quote']

Neither was I. Good thing I had things to keep me occupied during that time so I no longer become depressed when this site goes down :D

The site is still having some server issues.

Ohh I see. The problem interestingly went away when I posted that post however... hmm

Umm no? There's never been anyone criticizing Birds (obviously). After the studio version got released, few are complaining about it. Some say Everglow is generic, but many are praising it's beauty. Even the people who dislike this album in every way shape and form say that there are a few nice songs on this album. I think you might want to look closer from now on.

Aw maybe it just me focusing on the few negative reviews and not the positive ones

I just had a thought....So a few days ago, I read an article I think in which Guy said there were like 6 different versions of AHFOD (the song), and all of them sounded different. Well, what if that was the case with Birds, too, and the snippet of lyrics during UATW at the Tidal concert came from a trashed version of Birds?

Yeah I hate when they trash that stuff! Maybe that Us Against The World melody will come back on an acoustic B-side? Note that AHFOD doesn't have an acoustic track at all which has to be a first for Coldplay (every era has one).

Best case scenario is that Coldplay releases a big EP next year (or even a surprise album?) with like 6 new tracks that are a bit more alternative and acoustic/stripped sounding. If more session songs have the vibe of birds I need them ASAP.

In regard to the ending of the track....I actually kind of love the abruptness into the bird sounds :) For me the track just swells to this perfect moment where the strings, guitar, piano, drums find their perfect balance, and by cutting the song short at that point they aren't overdoing it. Coldplay sometimes has a tendency to push a song too far imo which makes it less meaningful. That said, if there was an extended version of birds where the strings became more prominent I would be all over it.

I don't know if anyone said that here before, but my first impression when I heard the snippet was that it reminded me of The Cure. After hearing the whole song, it still does. It's definitely my favourite off the album.

Guys I was just listening to Mylo Xyloto straight through and when it got to Up With the Birds, it played Birds instead hahaha. I thought it was a glitch or something, but it keeps playing it when I click on UWTB. Can anyone else confirm?

Yes! I have the exact same thing on Spotify... Weird? Must be a (major) glitch.

How about these, huh?

http://www.songtexte.com/songtext/coldplay/birds-3b6790f8.html

"Standing in the corner

Studying the lights

Dreaming of escape

Keep me up at night

Someone who put the fares up

Got me in a race

So, guess I better stay

Come on and say

So the fools go thunder

Just the war and rain

Don't let the fear stall your life

I want to see you again

I hear you never wanna sleep all night

Stop falling in love, stop the ride

Come on and age with me

We don't need words, we'll be birds

To make our own key

We got this one, you and me

Can't hear nothing, but geography

Come on raise it

Come on and raise this noise

For a million people, their own voice

Come on it's not over

If you need it so loud

Come on and offer love

Offer me a ground away with me

We don't need words

Close your eyes and see

We'll be birds flying free

Holding on in a mystery

Say we'll go through this together

And you'll fly won't you?

Would you take me too?

In this world so cruel

I think you're so cool"

• Like 1

How about these, huh?

http://www.songtexte.com/songtext/coldplay/birds-3b6790f8.html

"Standing in the corner

Studying the lights

Dreaming of escape

Keep me up at night

Someone who put the fares up

Got me in a race

So, guess I better stay

Come on and say

So the fools go thunder

Just the war and rain

Don't let the fear stall your life

I want to see you again

I hear you never wanna sleep all night

Stop falling in love, stop the ride

Come on and age with me

We don't need words, we'll be birds

To make our own key

We got this one, you and me

Can't hear nothing, but geography

Come on raise it

Come on and raise this noise

For a million people, their own voice

Come on it's not over

If you need it so loud

Come on and offer love

Offer me a ground away with me

We don't need words

Close your eyes and see

We'll be birds flying free

Holding on in a mystery

Say we'll go through this together

And you'll fly won't you?

Would you take me too?

In this world so cruel

I think you're so cool"

THAT's what was on Chris' pants! At the iHeart Radio Festival. Anyone remember that?

That makes SO much more sense than "It's a fool's gold chamber"! :D

The "A dream that died by light of day" ended up in Adventure Of A Lifetime.

So, as it turns out, they were still working on the songs back then. Now we know what happened to the lyrics... it's good that they didn't get thrown out. Interesting. :D

So, as it turns out, they were still working on the songs back then. Now we know what happened to the lyrics... it's good that they didn't get thrown out. Interesting. :D

It's a fool's gold thunder was the saying on the pants.

There is one lyric I haven't spotted yet - what happened to "I just wanna breathe, breathe, breathe" ?

I think the lyric is "Someone put a fence up" then, for two reasons

- the wall Israel put up between them and Palestine

- makes sense with the Birds lyrics - we'll be Birds, because birds can fly over fences and walls and overcome them

Wow, great lyrics then. Don't need words...we'll be birds !

• Like 1