✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

Coeurli

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this!

Shame that melody is stolen from The Strokes a bit.

I dont think they stolen the song.. Each song is played by notes and when there are at least two accords the same you think the whole song is stolen?? I dont know if there is any accord the same or any chorus notes or something like that. But Coldplay made a Song with different Lyrics, different Melody, different riffs .. Thats not the same.. ;)

Can anyone tell me why all the BIRD sounds are not on the track itself? What kind of bs logic is that? That's part of the track's beauty... they couldn't put the 5 seconds of bird noises that don't have Beyonce on it on this song and have the track become HFTW when Beyonce comes in? They really don't care about this song at all.

Can anyone tell me why all the BIRD sounds are not on the track itself? What kind of bs logic is that? That's part of the track's beauty! I'm not listening to HFTW to hear that! :'(

Imho there are far too many random bird sounds on this album (HFTW, Amazing Day...) so I'm really glad they are not on Birds as well.

Imho there are far too many random bird sounds on this album (HFTW, Amazing Day...) so I'm really glad they are not on Birds as well.

How are they random bird sounds when the whole song is about birds?? Amazing Day has space sounds but not bird sounds from what I hear. Colour Spectrum only has them because it's a conglomeration of everything. Bird sounds are beautiful and it'd be nice if they were on the one song where it actually makes sense to have them! How crazy would that be, Coldplay? Imagine!?

Amazing Day has space sounds but not bird sounds

The album version of Amazing Day actually starts out with bird chirps mixed with the guitar line.

Bird sounds have been on Fly On too (made my Jonny that time), so I feel they are a tad overused by the band.

been standing in the corner

studying the lights

the dreaming of escaping

will keep you up at night

but someone had put a flare up

got me in the rays

so I guess I better stay

"uh hu, no come on!" you say

just start "what if I won't see you again"

around here you never want to sleep all night

so start falling in love

start the riot and come on

Rage with me

we don't need words

we'll be BIRDS

flying FREE

Got to make our own key

Only got this moment, you and me

guilty of nothing but geography

come on and raise it

come on raise this noise

for the million people

who got not one voice

come on it's over!

If you mean it say LOUD

COME ON ALL FOR LOVE

out of the underground

Away with me

we don't need words

close your eyes and see

We'll be BIRDS

flying free

Holding on in the MYSTERY

fearless through this you said we'll go

through this TOGETHER

so when you fly won't you

won't you take me too?

In this world so cruel

I think you're so cool

• Like 1

if anyone missed it, chris said in an interview that birds is about two lovers from 2 places like the palestine and israel. in that context, the song is really beautiful and meaningful. but agree on the last line, should have been better for such a strong, beautiful song.

• Like 3

if anyone missed it, chris said in an interview that birds is about two lovers from 2 places like the palestine and israel. in that context, the song is really beautiful and meaningful. but agree on the last line, should have been better for such a strong, beautiful song.

Maybe it could've been better. It's a little cheesy but it's simplicity gives a strong feeling of innocence. Sounds like Chris and also works well given the context. Also think about it. If one person speaks Arabic and the other Hebrew or English, how are they going to communicate? If they're willing to learn each other's languages, their emotional expressions in the new language will be simplistic and probably sound corny at first. I could imagine an Arabic speaker saying "I think you're so cool" as he/she is first learning English when talking to the other person. I also read some people in the Islamic world speak broken English so that would make sense too. Just something to think about. In any case, I'll take this over "this particular diamond is extra special" by miles.

• Like 1

Maybe it could've been better. It's a little cheesy but it's simplicity gives a strong feeling of innocence. Sounds like Chris and also works well given the context. Also think about it. If one person speaks Arabic and the other Hebrew or English, how are they going to communicate? If they're willing to learn each other's languages, their emotional expressions in the new language will be simplistic and probably sound corny at first. I could imagine an Arabic speaker saying "I think you're so cool" as he/she is first learning English when talking to the other person. I also read some people in the Islamic world speak broken English so that would make sense too. Just something to think about. I'll take this over "this particular diamond is extra special" by miles.

oh good god, yes! i'll take this over that line on everglow too! anyway, i agree that the whole record emulates a sort of child like innocence. in that context, i'll take "i think you're so cool". still for me, the corniness worked in up&up, but with the rest of the strong lyrics in birds, this comes off poor :)

• Like 1

oh good god, yes! i'll take this over that line on everglow too! anyway, i agree that the whole record emulates a sort of child like innocence. in that context, i'll take "i think you're so cool". still for me, the corniness worked in up&up, but with the rest of the strong lyrics in birds, this comes off poor :)

Ah. The ending of the song definitely could be better. I think a little Jonny guitar solo fading out to close it would've been amazing. It's definitely my favorite song on the album, though. Just relieved to have it there after hearing some of the other ones.

I love the song but didnt really what the lyrics meant at first. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ah. The ending of the song definitely could be better. I think a little Jonny guitar solo fading out to close it would've been amazing. It's definitely my favorite song on the album, though. Just relieved to have it there after hearing some of the other ones.

definitely my favorite too. and the thing is, you really start to enjoy songs like everglow and amazing day when you hear some of the other ones, let alone be thankful for birds! lol

• Like 1

The bird are ahem not random. We left them flying away on "O Fly on" , remember? They´ve come back now haha :)

Guest diogo_sg

What interview?