✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Birds (Song and Video out now Jan 2) pg 17 for Vid

Coeurli

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 2:55, all I hear is Chris saying, "Fajitas, fajitas, fajitas." Help.

:lol:

I think he is singing "feeeel this, feeeel this, feeeel this" (or feelings) really fast... He says this in the next verse - "feel this together"

Although it certainly more accurately sounds like "fajitas"... :D Sometimes I feel Chris trolls us fans just for fun... I'm sure they get occasional (or frequent) laughs out of our lyrical interpretations. Maybe this time he's had enough of wrong interpretations that's why the lyrics are published for the first time :P

• Like 1

Fantastic song -- one of my favorite songs on the album. Like the quick stop. I don't think they've ever done much of those.

Chris really likes Birds haha -- Fly (On), Speed of Sound, Birds, Amazing Day, Up with the Birds, HFTW, I'm sure there are a few other references on here.

• Like 1

Birds are a wonderful metaphor for something spiritual and uplifting and magical imo :)

This song is just gorgeous, but it truly becomes epic towards the end and then I love how it ends with just "cool" *lol*

This is song is one of my favorites on the album, but like others before me have stated: THAT ABRUPT ENDING lol. They should've HLH it and let Guy, Jonny, and Will just jam and fade.

"I think you're so cool" Cheap and unfitting ending line to what is one of Coldplay's best songs in awhile. I love this song and just gotta say that the Birds metaphor has not let them down yet. Every song mentioning them has been amazing, (for reference see, Up With The Birds, Birds, O(Fly On), which are three of the most beautiful Coldplay songs ever).

• Like 3

Yeah the ending really takes away from an otherwise great song...

The ending is just cheeky hehe

It´s a sharp contrast, kinda like when Jonny hits you with that fiddle-like lick right when you´re still half hypnotised by the mellow Everglow *lol*

The ending is just cheeky hehe

It´s a sharp contrast, kinda like when Jonny hits you with that fiddle-like lick right when you´re still half hypnotised by the mellow Everglow *lol*

Lol...the ending is gold...it's so so cheeky. It makes me smile every time I hear it..[emoji5]

• Like 2

pls

This song is a qt

I think you're so cool is a qt line

pls

Also the abrupt ending is adorable and it's not really abrupt it transitions into HFTW

I mean how would you finish this song it's frantic from start to finish

This song is like a hummingbird that got into a pot of honey and died of excitement

IT DIED YOU GUYS

• Like 1

pls

This song is a qt

I think you're so cool is a qt line

pls

Also the abrupt ending is adorable and it's not really abrupt it transitions into HFTW

I mean how would you finish this song it's frantic from start to finish

This song is like a hummingbird that got into a pot of honey and died of excitement

IT DIED YOU GUYS

Why the qt? But you finish it with fifteen seconds of Jonny guitar soloing and a heavy Will hit on the cymbals. Although you do raise a good point. It's such a driving song that it's a headache to come up with an ending to. But it does not transition into HftW well at all.

Why do you put all of the bird sounds on a song about parting instead? Birds go with the birds go with the birds go with the birds. And I can hardly think of two songs back to back on a Coldplay album that are so utterly jarring. U.F.O. into PoC is another horrible transition. As is Oceans into ASFoS. You just don't. You plain. Do. Not. These are two different genres entirely. They're different dang universes.

What happened to the band that said during Viva that their albums should be composed of the songs that fit together best? Put HftW after Army of One/X Marks the Spot where it makes sense at least! WHY? WHAT? WHY?

I'm not sure if they've gotten so ''drunk and high" they've forgotten how to put together albums track by track in a concise/common sense manner or if they just don't give a damn anymore. Either way, the albums suffer for it.

• Like 1

These are two different genres entirely. They're different dang universes.

I suspect this may be the whole point: the contrast effect. Like you rightly pointed out, they did it on MX with Ufo and Princess, now I can definitely see it again in AHFOD. Genre barrier breaking is almost a mission for the boys, they´ve said so in many an interview too. I agree that it may be very jarring, but it´s definitely on purpose. They give a damn and always will :) They put their heart and soul in each release and all the little detail, no doubt about that.

• Like 1

Oceans into ASFoS

Actually I like that transition with the wedding-like bells after seeing the video in GS Live. It fits so perfectly, with Chris hitting the water.

As for AHFOD, I agree, the album just doesn't have any flow whatsoever. Album with the best flow still remains AROBTTH.

• Like 1

Lmao i think i know why critics say AHFOD is full of horrible lyrics and give birds bad reviews... [ATTACH=full]3380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]3381[/ATTACH]

Im sure its not 'the foods gonna find us' but the fool's gold thunder and for the second picture im sure its something like 'We've got this one,you and me, catching enough of geography' instead...

• Like 1

Lmao i think i know why critics say AHFOD is full of horrible lyrics and give birds bad reviews... [ATTACH=full]3380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]3381[/ATTACH]

Im sure its not 'the foods gonna find us' but the fool's gold thunder and for the second picture im sure its something like 'We've got this one,you and me, catching enough of geography' instead...

How the hell would they think those are the lyrics? Chris WROTE THE LYRICS on the album!

• Like 1

lyrically, there are some real shining moments in the album. but also, there are some real duds. the thing is, a few of those better ones need some context to understand the meaning and cohesiveness of the song. when reviewers are listing 'fun' as an upbeat song you can count on them missing most of those points.

I truly admire reviewers in a way...it would be extremely hard for me to sit and write an essay with a grade on an album without really being 100% inside a band/artist, knowing the full picture. (and clearly as a reviewer you cant be a know-it-all fan of all the artists you write about, hardly!)

I remember reading countless of Lana del rey reviews that were completely off the mark in the sense that clearly the reviewer did not get the artist and the meaning/motivation behind some of the songs at all...