✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

diana42

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning was a stress explosion for me! I had never done the whole presale thing--and I didn't realize it didn't include floor seats. Also I didn't wanna pay more than 200 a ticket but that quickly was impossible. But literally the two best sections in Salt Lake were sold out within the first hour and the other decent sections were running out quick, so I snagged a couple decent tickets--both combined cost me $410.

Are tickets usually this steep for Coldplay? I wanted to hold out for floor tickets, but I read somewhere that those seats were going to be over closer to $400 or $500 each? I don't want to believe that is true, but I also didn't want to risk holding out on the presale seats and then not being able to afford the floor seats.

This morning was a stress explosion for me! I had never done the whole presale thing--and I didn't realize it didn't include floor seats. Also I didn't wanna pay more than 200 a ticket but that quickly was impossible. But literally the two best sections in Salt Lake were sold out within the first hour and the other decent sections were running out quick, so I snagged a couple decent tickets--both combined cost me $410.

Are tickets usually this steep for Coldplay? I wanted to hold out for floor tickets, but I read somewhere that those seats were going to be over closer to $400 or $500 each? I don't want to believe that is true, but I also didn't want to risk holding out on the presale seats and then not being able to afford the floor seats.

Me too! I am also new to the presale thing, and at the start of the sale, it was either pay $180 to sit near the back of the lower bowl level or pay $130 to sit in the last row of the highest level. Eventually, some more sections were released, but I still think they were overpriced. I wound up paying $130 to sit in the first row of the second-highest seating level. One thing I thought was strange is that after a while, floor sections GGG and JJJ started showing up, but when I looked on the map, those sections did not even exist.

And to answer your question about floor tickets, I think it was something like $700 for the first 10 rows and $500 for the next 15 and then $180 for the rest of the floor.

It's crazy. I wanted to be at one of the front rows for once, but they cost around $800. And if you don't grab them in time (because of all the bots taking them DURING THE PRESALE EVEN), you'll have to pay $900-$1000 from resellers. Like are you frickin kidding me?

Alright, turns out my work network blocks some features (I think flash) of the axs website (for Vegas), that's why I wasn't getting any tickets! Got home and see there are plenty left and picked one up Section 6 Row H. Not bad. Price was $208 after fees, which is more than I paid for my floor seat for the Rose Bowl! Sheesh. Axs charged three separate fees, what's up with that? Handling, conveinience and whatever LET is.

For my axs vegas ticket:

Convenience fee: 23.60 (versus about $15 on Ticketmaster)

Handling fee: $4.90 (what are they handling? It's an e-ticket)

LET (live entertainment tax): 15.10 - apparently the state of Nevada pockets this one.

$43.60 in fees for a single ticket? Screw you axs.

For comparison, my tickets for the Rose Bowl via ticketmaster had only a $5.25 processing fee.

These ticket prices and "fees" for the US shows are really quite ridiculous. I'm in Europe, but it kind of saddens me to read about it. :(

$700 for the front rows? Wow. The most expensive seats (regular, no VIP packages) and FOS tickets were around €110/$125 here in Germany. The cheapest seats started at €75/$85. I find the differences quite staggering and have trouble understanding this whole thing. :confused:

You still had to be fast, but at least there was a realistic chance here at getting a FOS ticket the normal way and without taking out a loan.

These ticket prices and "fees" for the US shows are really quite ridiculous. I'm in Europe, but it kind of saddens me to read about it. :(

$700 for the front rows? Wow. The most expensive seats (regular, no VIP packages) and FOS tickets were around €110/$125 here in Germany. The cheapest seats started at €75/$85. I find the differences quite staggering and have trouble understanding this whole thing. :confused:

You still had to be fast, but at least there was a realistic chance here at getting a FOS ticket the normal way and without taking out a loan.

Not to speak for all Americans, but we sure love our massive stadiums, fancy exclusives VIP packages, and incredibly huge sums of wealth. :) In other words, we are filthy capitalists who have no sense of decency when it comes to wealth distribution. So yeah, it sucks. I always noticed European shows were more equitable and really just served those that try the hardest to get good tickets whereas in America you have to have absurd amounts of money to get near the front of a show.

That is a big generalization of course...I just saw George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic in a tiny venue in my town and I paid $30 f0r an amazing 3 hour show. It is too bad Coldplay's tour works with massive corporate ticket interests and only churn out a 90 minute show. Even the Foo Fighters, who I don't love, are known for doing shows over 2 hours at a slim price.

I actually cried when I saw how much tickets for the show in Denver were. I had a special amount set aside for the show thinking that I would be able to get decent seats with what I had, but turned out that I could only afford spots in the nosebleeds of the Pepsi Center, which is not worth for me.

Luckily my bf said he would pay for his own ticket and we were able to get pretty alright seats. I guess I'd rather pay way too much money for decent seats than way too much for crap ones. I'm incredibly happy that I get to go, but jeez, could the prices be any more ridiculous??

• Like 2

Can anyone give me an estimate as to how pricey/crazy its getting? Hoping to catch a show when they get to Toronto and i'm willing to go all out. I'm a working adult who doesn't really spend a whole lot any anything really, so if it costs $200 I might just do it.

• Like 1

Can anyone give me an estimate as to how pricey/crazy its getting? Hoping to catch a show when they get to Toronto and i'm willing to go all out. I'm a working adult who doesn't really spend a whole lot any anything really, so if it costs $200 I might just do it.

Lower section at my local stadium was around $140 a ticket. When I saw them during MX (arena) I think it was $120 for about the same location.

I would like to see them tone it back on how much they're spending for each show. As much as I think the xylobands are looking very cool this time around I feel like they're backing themselves into a creative corner with their shows which is also raising ticket prices pretty high.

• Like 2

Ahh, thanks for that. Yeah, i'm definitely willing to spend that much for the reasons I gave above. So now the issue is do I wanna go in the pits or not. 'Cause now i hear that sitting a bit higher up off the floor, off to the side is also a good spot to see the band as well as the background lights / atmosphere....what do...

For Denver it was $170 for the lower bowl section and the back sections of the floor, then it was $130 for the lower 300 sections (no 200s on sale) and also for some of the upper 300s. Then it was $80 for the last few rows of the upper 300s. I looked at the VIP tickets today, and they were $500 to $750 for the floor sections and certain, closer sections of the lower bowl.

I had the same thoughts as you going into this tour. I saved my income tax refund and thought "this is for Coldplay". I had been holding out for a Toronto or Montreal show, but since nothing has been announced I decided to travel to the States. I really wanted to be on the floor this time because I was on the sides (top of the lower section) for MX and wanted the floor experience. But then when tickets went on sale I realized that for almost $200 I would only get back of the floor. It seems most venues are about $175 for lower bowl and back of floor, then $500 for middle VIP section and $700 for first 10-15 rows.

Since I'd saved some money for both flight and tickets, I decided to combine the two and buy the cheaper VIP seats and drive, so now I'm going to the NJ show! I'm going solo so I didn't have to worry about anyone else spending that kind of money. Like you, I'm a working adult, and don't splurge much, but Coldplay is worth it to me! I only wish I had the money for the $700 VIP. But if the rumours are true and Coldplay comes to Canada next summer, then that gives me a whole year to save up again, lol.

• 2 weeks later...