✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Pilar just posted this. Thought it would be cool if it influenced K-EP artwork

[MEDIA=instagram]BPlxwPMDNBg[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPlxwPMDNBg/

Fantastic artwork! But yeah, I dont think it'll be since its not as colorful as it would be. Plus, if they were to switch to an egyptian theme, then it would be best to save it for another album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always gotten a Middle Eastern-type vibe from the strings in Yes. Something like that I guess is close to what I had in mind

Plus we were supposed to get some Indian influences on AHFoD, so why not go for another country :joy:

Wow, the strings in Yes have always given me a pirates/18th century vibe, but I can easily see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and btw, if anyone here is interested, the subreddit is another fantastic place and community for the band. Personally I much prefer the user interface of Reddit to these forum-type websites, but both are great. Anyone here is who is already on the sub?

Howdy! Shameless plug, but I'm one of the "original" mods on /r/coldplay along with several others who have really made the place the joy it is today. Seriously, they've done a wonderful job running it. It's been nearly five years and it still makes me happy seeing people talk about it on Coldplaying. I'm really glad you enjoy it!

• Like 2

Howdy! Shameless plug, but I'm one of the "original" mods on /r/coldplay along with several others who have really made the place the joy it is today. Seriously, they've done a wonderful job running it. It's been nearly five years and it still makes me happy seeing people talk about it on Coldplaying. I'm really glad you enjoy it!

That's awesome! Which mod are you! I had no idea that the sub had been going for almost five years... although now that I think about it, I've never seen any old threads from before MX. Actually now that I've checked it, it says that the sub has been active since September 2008!

Edit: For anyone who missed it, the previous comment about the subreddit is in reply to a (quite lengthy, I will admit, but special and inspiring!) comment I originally posted at the end of page 22, which has now been moved to another thread, the "Coldplaying's history" thread. Calling all Coldplayers who have shared their love of the band on this magnificent website over the years, new and old! Let's all collate as much of Coldplaying's history as we can and make these times of the band's history some special ones to look back on, like we do now with MX and VLV eras.

• Like 1

That's awesome! Which mod are you! I had no idea that the sub had been going for almost five years... although now that I think about it, I've never seen any old threads from before MX. Actually now that I've checked it, it says that the sub has been active since September 2008!

I'm DundahMifflin. The place has indeed been around since 2008, but when I got on board in 2012, there were only 65 subscribers. It was pretty much a ghost town. Ever since then it's been on the up and up!

I'm DundahMifflin. The place has indeed been around since 2008, but when I got on board in 2012, there were only 65 subscribers. It was pretty much a ghost town. Ever since then it's been on the up and up!

Woah cool. It's crazy how fast the subreddit has been growing lately. I remember back when AHFOD was just rolling out we had a little over 6,000. Now we're almost at 8k.

Woah cool. It's crazy how fast the subreddit has been growing lately. I remember back when AHFOD was just rolling out we had a little over 6,000. Now we're almost at 8k.

• Like 1

Been meaning to talk to you about your subreddit. Could ya brighten it up a lil? I mean, this era was supposed to be about colours and stuff, but its so gloomy in that reddit, hah

• Like 1

Right?! It's crazy. I genuinely don't know where all these people keep coming from. I think in the five years I've been a part of the team, we've only run one ad -- and that was in 2012. It's awesome, but confusing. Lol.

Been meaning to talk to you about your subreddit. Could ya brighten it up a lil? I mean, this era was supposed to be about colours and stuff, but its so gloomy in that reddit, hah

Haha, I understand what you mean. But the one who designs our subreddit went through a couple different designs and this one looked best. We might be changing it up for Kaleidoscope, but we'll see!

• Like 2

New hope for Kaleidoscope EP:

Protest song. It has been a weird/scary week in the U.S. with Trump and a lot of artists are responding with protest tracks, including a huge Coldplay influencer Arcade Fire. I know the message of AHFOD was "peace, love, togetherness, hope" which is awesome in its own way right now, but every once and a while I think you just need to release something that is "f**k all" Its mostly been hip-hop and and more alternative artists protesting--but Coldplay could actually reach more people with their biggest-band-in-the-world platform.

I don't know, maybe that would ruin the tone of AHFOD--but this era didn't get an angry song which are usually my favorite from Coldplay, so what do you guys think about a protest/anger song? Should Coldplay finally go punk/metal :) ?

• Like 2

ehh, dunno if jumping into this political mess is a good idea. you either piss off one side of the room or the other, so just stand in the middle and get a nice view of everything.

and no, i'm not saying they should be scared sheep, but i honestly dont think Coldplay saying "we love/hate trump" will sway anyone to love/hate trump to try and be like them. a protest song wont magically make trump (supporters) suddenly change their minds either. y'know what i mean? I just see more harm than good that can come from it. my $0.02

• Like 4

New hope for Kaleidoscope EP:

Protest song. It has been a weird/scary week in the U.S. with Trump and a lot of artists are responding with protest tracks, including a huge Coldplay influencer Arcade Fire. I know the message of AHFOD was "peace, love, togetherness, hope" which is awesome in its own way right now, but every once and a while I think you just need to release something that is "f**k all" Its mostly been hip-hop and and more alternative artists protesting--but Coldplay could actually reach more people with their biggest-band-in-the-world platform.

I don't know, maybe that would ruin the tone of AHFOD--but this era didn't get an angry song which are usually my favorite from Coldplay, so what do you guys think about a protest/anger song? Should Coldplay finally go punk/metal :) ?

ehh, dunno if jumping into this political mess is a good idea. you either piss off one side of the room or the other, so just stand in the middle and get a nice view of everything.

and no, i'm not saying they should be scared sheep, but i honestly dont think Coldplay saying "we love/hate trump" will sway anyone to love/hate trump to try and be like them. a protest song wont magically make trump (supporters) suddenly change their minds either. y'know what i mean? I just see more harm than good that can come from it. my $0.02

i think they could release something with a particular message that would obviously hint at what they're talking about, but not directly release it AS a protest song (and especially if it's part of the EP, for example, it could blend in really well.) they've managed it before, with songs like Politik and Violet Hill :shrug:

but it has to come out organically, anyway, so it's really whatever Chris is feeling right now, if he even wants to be in that kind of an angry mindset :p

• Like 4

I highly doubt Coldplay would do anything on Trump. They've said hardly anything about him. If they were to do a political song it would at the very least be on Brexit (as Chris spoken against it), but I doubt that as well.

As much as I'd love a more angry rockier song I don't think it's gonna happen, at least not on politics.

• Like 1

Politik and Violet Hill

Good luck reproducing Politik!

They've said hardly anything about him. If they were to do a political song it would at the very least be on Brexit, but I doubt that as well.

I think an entertainment outlet tried to goat him into saying something about Trump and he just responded in a very politically correct manner, not really choosing sides. So, there you have it.

And agreed, they had their chance with Brexit, but while they did at least comment on it, it wasn't too in depth and was only a few instances. I mean, the band are still mostly an English band, only Chris has strong-ish American ties. Might be at least a tad out of place for them to comment.

• Like 2