✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Yeah, I don't think they're going to release a flat-out protest song. It'd have to be watered down at least, or something similar to Politik or Violet Hill as mentioned, which both successfully tread the lines between blatantly and harshly criticising someone/something, and being too sappy or cringey. They're both great songs in that sense... and in every sense really! ;)

Oh, and for anyone who missed it: Calling all Coldplayers who have shared their love of the band on this magnificent website over the years, new and old! The comments about the subreddit and history of the band in this thread are in reply to a (quite lengthy, I will admit, but special and inspiring!) comment I originally posted at the end of page 22, which has now been moved to another thread, the "Coldplaying's history" thread. Let's all collate as much of Coldplaying's history as we can and make these times of the band's history some special ones to look back on, like we do now with MX and VLV eras.

New hope for Kaleidoscope EP:

Protest song. It has been a weird/scary week in the U.S. with Trump and a lot of artists are responding with protest tracks, including a huge Coldplay influencer Arcade Fire. I know the message of AHFOD was "peace, love, togetherness, hope" which is awesome in its own way right now, but every once and a while I think you just need to release something that is "f**k all" Its mostly been hip-hop and and more alternative artists protesting--but Coldplay could actually reach more people with their biggest-band-in-the-world platform.

I don't know, maybe that would ruin the tone of AHFOD--but this era didn't get an angry song which are usually my favorite from Coldplay, so what do you guys think about a protest/anger song? Should Coldplay finally go punk/metal :) ?

yes, they should. new side to them. new ideas.

• Like 1

Pilar just posted this. Thought it would be cool if it influenced K-EP artwork

[MEDIA=instagram]BPlxwPMDNBg[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPlxwPMDNBg/

Pilar always posts artwork influenced by Ancient Egypt, so I don't think this is related to Coldplay at all. Are we even sure she is the artist doing the ep artwork?

I hope the new artwork will be more original & won't undergo plagiarism allegations or cultural appropriation claims this time :uhoh:

Pilar always posts artwork influenced by Ancient Egypt, so I don't think this is related to Coldplay at all. Are we even sure she is the artist doing the ep artwork?

I hope the new artwork will be more original & won't undergo plagiarism allegations or cultural appropriation claims this time :uhoh:

I kinda doubt they would pay another artist for just an EP. The boys are very good at keeping all the artwork for an era similar in style, too.

Oh, and the plagiarism claim was bullshit, we all know that lmao. Nobody owns that symbol, it's been around for literally thousand of years.

• Like 2

they could draw a square as the album art and someone will be offended or allege plagiarism...

• Like 2

New hope for Kaleidoscope EP:

Protest song. It has been a weird/scary week in the U.S. with Trump and a lot of artists are responding with protest tracks, including a huge Coldplay influencer Arcade Fire. I know the message of AHFOD was "peace, love, togetherness, hope" which is awesome in its own way right now, but every once and a while I think you just need to release something that is "f**k all" Its mostly been hip-hop and more alternative artists protesting--but Coldplay could actually reach more people with their biggest-band-in-the-world platform.

I don't know, maybe that would ruin the tone of AHFOD--but this era didn't get an angry song which are usually my favorite from Coldplay, so what do you guys think about a protest/anger song? Should Coldplay finally go punk/metal :) ?

I'd be down for that just because the country is rightfully pissed off we actually elected this man. But at the same time, I don't see Coldplay doing that. At least not in an obvious way.

• Like 1

^ I hope so! If we're getting the EP before the next tour leg, then they gotta announce it in the next couple of weeks surely

maybe they will just release it. i'm hoping to see a new song or two in the new tour legs.

• Like 2

A protest song would just get them laughed at honestly, keep in mind Coldplay is as edgy as a teddy bear.

I believe the ONLY words Chris ever had on Trump was something like, I think it's cool that you can be pretty much anyone and run for president. Another impressive dodge by Chris.

• Like 3

I was thinking:

The BRITs Award show is on February 22th.

Could it be possible that Coldplay will perform (they are not announced yet) a new song from Kaleidoscope EP at that show?

So the EP has to come out shortly before?

• Like 1

I was thinking:

The BRITs Award show is on February 22th.

Could it be possible that Coldplay will perform (they are not announced yet) a new song from Kaleidoscope EP at that show?

So the EP has to come out shortly before?

That would be so great !

And I hope so bad that they will change their setlists a bit on the next tour legs, as Will announced in this interview a while ago. By the way, my guesses for the release of the K-EP is very close to your guess of a Coldplay performance at the BRITs :D : https://www.coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?posts/5864474