✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

It feels like they are a friend who is always there for me when I am sad but also when I am happy.

Yeah but here's the cool thing ... what you just said in this sentence, that is the same whether you have been a fan for 17 years or one year. Having music that does that for you is, to me, the most important part of all of it. Regardless of when you discovered Coldplay, you've got this wonderful catalog of songs you can turn to for comfort forever. I've been a fan a long time, but I actually can't even remember almost any details from the early albums in terms of promotions, the first time I listened to new songs and so forth (heck I forget things from five years ago). I know I wasn't the biggest or the best fan; for years I didn't go to concerts or join the forums or know every fact about the band. I mean I don't remember much from any facet of my life 16 years ago at all to be honest. But what I really remember is how the songs made me feel, I always remember these little moments where I was listening to this song or that and was moved or comforted or inspired. And it's the exact same way they make me feel now. So, as much as I love all the little memories or nostalgic feelings of old promotions or fan interaction, the thing that lasts longest and strongest for me is how the music moved me and still does. New fan or old, you get to enjoy the songs just the same, and you get to enjoy them your whole life from here on.

That said, definitely enjoy the ride as much as you can now that you're on it! Hopefully we'll get some EP news soon, and I hope you manage to get to a show somewhere along the way.

• Like 8

Yeah but here's the cool thing ... what you just said in this sentence, that is the same whether you have been a fan for 17 years or one year. Having music that does that for you is, to me, the most important part of all of it. Regardless of when you discovered Coldplay, you've got this wonderful catalog of songs you can turn to for comfort forever. I've been a fan a long time, but I actually can't even remember almost any details from the early albums in terms of promotions, the first time I listened to new songs and so forth (heck I forget things from five years ago). I know I wasn't the biggest or the best fan; for years I didn't go to concerts or join the forums or know every fact about the band. I mean I don't remember much from any facet of my life 16 years ago at all to be honest. But what I really remember is how the songs made me feel, I always remember these little moments where I was listening to this song or that and was moved or comforted or inspired. And it's the exact same way they make me feel now. So, as much as I love all the little memories or nostalgic feelings of old promotions or fan interaction, the thing that lasts longest and strongest for me is how the music moved me and still does. New fan or old, you get to enjoy the songs just the same, and you get to enjoy them your whole life from here on.

That said, definitely enjoy the ride as much as you can now that you're on it! Hopefully we'll get some EP news soon, and I hope you manage to get to a show somewhere along the way.

I believe that everything you said is true and I feel lucky and grateful that I discovered music that brings me all these feelings. Thank you for this post,I think I needed this and it made me see things from a different perspective. :)

• Like 1

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] Just reading your post now, so many thoughts running through my head. I still can't believe you have only been hear a year or so, it seems you have been working your tail off here forever. It is true, the Board is very different now than it was when I first came here 10 years ago.

The internet and forums were fairly new to me and the world. I had been on Nettie's Coldplay site (RIP) and I think another one but nothing like the home found here. I always kept coming back, finding friends, (actually in my area!) who loved the band as much as I did. We would have meet ups and go to show together and travel!! Oh the places you will go! I would have not seen a lot of this country with out my Cping friends. This was the only place you could really have a conversation with about the band , albums , songs and yes, fan-girl. I was is HEAVEN!

Yes, there was some drama over the years but what do you expect with over I think, 60,000 members at the time, from all over the world, all ages, all demographics, all with passionate opinions. Ian and Jen started this site as a family and with love for the band and did an amazing job. The friendships and relationships they created over the years is a wonder. Some of my closest friends ever are from this site. But, that was then. The world and the internet is totally different now. We did not have the Social Media input as much then. So ppl communicate differently now and that's great, but this will always be my home. People still meet new friends here and have great experiences,and meet ups, that is the glory of this site. I love going to my favorite threads and seeing the new ones to find out what's going on. I do not know what what we would do without it. How lucky are we??

I am very grateful for our Social Media team. They do an amazing job. Mind you, I had so much fun handling Twitter and once a while Facebook and without much skill before they came on but it was a thrill! got very silly a few times but all that know me, know me and didn't we have fun?

The world is changing and we have to change with it. Coldplay the band is ever changing, so will Coldplaying. Stephen is doing an incredible job here and I hope everyone appreciates the time and effort he and the volunteer staff and Mods who have been here over the years. Coldplaying is and will always be the best site for Coldplay info and news, hands down.

• Like 11

Hey all ! I've been absent in this thread for quite a while, just finished reading up on it. When I left, there was this Obama discussion. I originally wanted to write a post about drones and civilian victims in respond to another post made by someone else, but I kept postponing it, and then I decided not to write it at all because I don't wanna spoil this thread with politics anymore. This thread is about the new EP (and the forums :)) after all, nothing else.

About the forums discussion, I have to say this forum is very special to me and no social media could ever replace it. Here, you can have full-length, meaningful discussions. It's a close-knit community, I feel like I "know" the regular posters. There are gatherings such as Listening Parties which make you feel as if you're sitting down in a pub with your friends and thereby enhance the community feeling. The posts are ordered in threads and subforums, allowing you to access exactly the subject you're interested in and, as @Nie said, you can pick up exactly where you left off the day before.

On social media, the community feels quite anonymous to me, there is no order or structure, people post all kinds of things randomly and no meaningful, detailed discussions can develop.

In other words, no social media can ever truly replace this forum for hardcore Coldplay fans :)

• Like 9

was listening to ghost story today and realized that coldplay dropped three of the best songs in the last two eras (not counting ahfod ofc) into b-sides. just increased my expectations for the ep!

• Like 4

I have something for you to think about!

When I was in Wembley I took this picture of Chris:

[ATTACH=full]6624[/ATTACH]

Now when you have a closer look on his pants (and I have turned the picture):

[ATTACH=full]6625[/ATTACH]

Could these lyrics belong to a song that is on the Kaleidoscope EP? [emoji2]

Nice find, indeed !

But maybe, it could even be a songtitle?? I like it very much as a Kaleidoscope songtitle, to be honest :D

was listening to ghost story today and realized that coldplay dropped three of the best songs in the last two eras (not counting ahfod ofc) into b-sides. just increased my expectations for the ep!

Very true! Coldplay's always been one of those bands who leaves some of their best material for b-sides. In my opinion, GS would have been a much better album had the guys replaced Ink and True Love with Ghost Story and All Your Friends. Great lyrics, great haunting melodies, and just a dash of Viva vibe. Hopefully we get a similar song on the EP!

• Like 2

I believe that everything you said is true and I feel lucky and grateful that I discovered music that brings me all these feelings. Thank you for this post,I think I needed this and it made me see things from a different perspective. :)

Glad it helped! ... believe me, I have my own moments of regret or wishing timing had been different, so I know how frustrating it can be. A lot of times I have to remind myself of the same thing I told you. :)

• Like 2

imo you'd be hard pressed to find an era where that isn't true :p

true, but these two eras stand out to me because those albums weren't the most fulfilling.

Very true! Coldplay's always been one of those bands who leaves some of their best material for b-sides. In my opinion, GS would have been a much better album had the guys replaced Ink and True Love with Ghost Story and All Your Friends. Great lyrics, great haunting melodies, and just a dash of Viva vibe. Hopefully we get a similar song on the EP!

yeah, both ghost story and all your friends capture the GS atmosphere better than most songs in the album.

• Like 1

Yeah honestly so true but I feel like the b-sides are their treats to the fans. But to be honest I go like "all your friends" is crazy spooky

Guest diogo_sg
A FRIEND TOLD ME HE FOUND THE KALEIDOSCOPE EP LEAKED ON SOUNDCLOUD!!!!!!!!!!

After he downloaded the whole thing, the SoundCloud account were shut down!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! IS THIS TRUE??!!!??!! DO YOU HAVE THE FILE?!?!?!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! IS THIS TRUE??!!!??!! DO YOU HAVE THE FILE?!?!?!

I'd be cautious, this kind of claims as has been made above is frequently made before releases. Remember all those people who had "inside information" about AHFOD before its release ? Yeah...

So until we have proof, I wouldn't get excited. :)

• Like 2

Well, looks like he joined 3 months ago for the purposes of downloading from MM. So...not 100% sure if hes being intentionally trolling.

Then he makes this post (clearly made to be visible), stays online for an hour just browsing other user accounts, but says nothing else and is now offline.

Iunno, maybe his account 'got hacked'...either way, doesnt look like theres a story here....

• Like 1

Well, looks like he joined 3 months ago for the purposes of downloading from MM. So...not 100% sure if hes being intentionally trolling.

Then he makes this post (clearly made to be visible), stays online for an hour just browsing other user accounts, but says nothing else and is now offline.

Iunno, maybe his account 'got hacked'...either way, doesnt look like theres a story here....

Well sorry for the hype, mi friend hasn't answered my msg yet, so, maybe he is trolling me! :( Besides, I'm not a troll or anything like that..

So, my friend told me he found that, but hasn't been online since yesterday, didn't gave me any links..

Haha very funny. Getting people's excitement up eh? Not cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just said what he told me... I'm not saying it is true, maybe he is trolling me :/ I don't have the files... If he gives me the tracks and if it is legit (maybe not) I'll post them..