✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Omg I love Rhapsody in Blue!!!! Reminds me of United Airlines because they have used that song for a long time in all of their videos, commercials, safety videos, etc

I get giddy whenever Chris talks about hip-hop, my first genre I loved. I have tweets on notification and I got mega excited over that one, especially just having 'Simon Pegg' listed haha

• Like 2

Is this a new song?

I hope so. It sounds amazing!!

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk

It's scary that an improv is better than their last three albums combined.

Joking, I mean that's what some people would say but not me

• Like 6

I know its a matter of opinion and everything, but honestly the instrumentation of the last three albums are much better the 1st four. Will is a phenomenal producer and the best bass lines and some of the best riffs have come from from AHFOD alone.

Again I know its opinion but i get angry when people say Mylo, Ghost Stories, or AHFOD are "forgettable" or "low effort" because its just untrue. Maybe vocal parts/lyrics aren't as meaningful (sorry Chris) but the rest of the band are for sure shining through more than ever.

anyway this isnt the right place to discuss this.

• Like 5

I know its a matter of opinion and everything, but honestly the instrumentation of the last three albums are much better the 1st four. Will is a phenomenal producer and the best bass lines and some of the best riffs have come from from AHFOD alone.

Again I know its opinion but i get angry when people say Mylo, Ghost Stories, or AHFOD are "forgettable" or "low effort" because its just untrue. Maybe vocal parts/lyrics aren't as meaningful (sorry Chris) but the rest of the band are for sure shining through more than ever.

anyway this isnt the right place to discuss this.

NO

care to elaborate?

I don't know man... Honestly, it's just the Oldplayer in me that strongly misses their old magic of the first four, in the vocals and the instrumentation. Sure, Mylo and GS were great too, but AHFOD is just a NO. It's what split my relationship with the band in half. Maybe I was a bit too harsh there, but I really think the first half of albums are superior.

Just an opinion, but one I strongly believe in.

I don't know man... Honestly, it's just the Oldplayer in me that strongly misses their old magic of the first four, in the vocals and the instrumentation. Sure, Mylo and GS were great too, but AHFOD is just a NO. It's what split my relationship with the band in half. Maybe I was a bit too harsh there, but I really think the first half of albums are superior.

Just an opinion, but one I strongly believe in.

well thats not really what I was saying. my point was that saying post-2011 Coldplay is low effort or unimaginative is so ridiculous. The instrumentation is superior in that there are so many layers that blend perfectly yet still sound simple, if you get what i'm trying to say.

whether you enjoy the albums or not is irrelevant to what i'm saying. But them being bad because of the change in style is completely ridiculous. you think AHFOD because its not your type of music, which is cool, but dont dismiss it as bad because you think the band have lost their touch.

• Like 4

well thats not really what I was saying. my point was that saying post-2011 Coldplay is low effort or unimaginative is so ridiculous. The instrumentation is superior in that there are so many layers that blend perfectly yet still sound simple, if you get what i'm trying to say.

whether you enjoy the albums or not is irrelevant to what i'm saying. But them being bad because of the change in style is completely ridiculous. you think AHFOD because its not your type of music, which is cool, but dont dismiss it as bad because you think the band have lost their touch.

Surely you mean Guy as a producer, not Will, right ?

I have to disagree there. I think production and instrumentation of the first three albums are superior. They are layered as well, but much more subtly.

Parachutes for example has a warm organic sound as well blend of bass lines and drums that I have yet to hear in any other album. A Rush of Blood To The Head upon careful listening reveals many layers (more than Parachutes), but they individually are less obvious and harmonize so well that they create this unique soundscape (I suspect the use of pads in the background is to a large part responsible for it). Without commenting anything about the style and just judging production, I have to say that Mylo Xyloto and AHFOD mostly fall flat to my ears (some particularly negative examples in that regard: DLIBYH and Army of One). Out of the three last albums, I think Ghost Stories has the neatest production.

You could argue that instrumentation got more diverse, that's for sure. But in my opinion it did not get superior over time.

• Like 1

I highly doubt Coldplay would do anything on Trump. They've said hardly anything about him. If they were to do a political song it would at the very least be on Brexit (as Chris spoken against it), but I doubt that as well.

As much as I'd love a more angry rockier song I don't think it's gonna happen, at least not on politics.

In SLC Chris made a comment about Trump visiting Mexico. It was funny because Utah is VERY conservative and went for Trump heavily.

Surely you mean Guy as a producer, not Will, right ?

No, I meant Will. When I say producer, I mean more in terms of creating the electronic drums/synths than mixing the sounds together, if that makes any sense. So not like Rik Simpson, think more of Kanye.

But again this is all opinion. I just think it's unfair to say Coldplay don't put any effort into their music anymore.