✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying Attitude of Gratitude

I ran away

this week is Unity Week at my school. there's a bunch of different events/workshops and stuff during the week - well, on thursday during the free period there is a group that will be selling Love Buttons!!! so i'm going to take that money that would have gone to my groceries for this week (and then some probably :p) and buy up a bunch of them. it's gonna be great :wacky:

well it turns out they were a different kind of love button :P

but i still bought one and i also decided to buy a 10 pack of our style love buttons off the website :D

IMG_20170413_130444.thumb.jpg.43864e37aa8d351e0de782b1606d7ccb.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I met one of the first people that I've befriended on Coldplaying, Rafael (Prospector on Coldplaying)! He's from Brazil and currently in Europe for a few months, so we got to meet in Paris! This is insane, and very cool. I never expected to actually meet him some day, but it happened!! It was lovely to meet him and I'm very grateful to this community and to Coldplay for allowing me to meet people from allover the world, people who generally happen to be super nice and lovely, by the way! Can't wait to meet more Coldplay fans this summer! :)

This is awesome!

This is my dream, there are some coldplaying members I'd love to meet, hopefully one day that'll happen.

• Like 5

I am starting to get sick, feeling the nice rough, dry sore throat and cough coming on. I am grateful that at least I am getting sick now instead of having to deal with going to uni whilst feeling terrible... Yeah I agree though, I'd love to meet you guys :)

• Like 2

Here is an Easter story. I went to mass today and heard a familiar voice doing the first reading. I was unable to stand because of my foot, got to see the man in his remote wheelchair doing the reading. He has ALS, I believe. Last I heard from his wife after not seeing him at mass a couple months back, he was bedridden with a kidney infection. What does this have to do with Coldplay?

This is a very good man whom I'd only seen in church, but knew he was a pillar of the church. I got to know him when - I'd wound up sitting next to he and his wife at last summer's Coldplay concert when I couldn't stand due to my back and sat on the disability platform. I honestly dreaded that he had passed after what I last heard, and had tears of joy in my eyes when I saw him looking well today! That had even more significance given the message of Easter!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Here is an Easter story. I went to mass today and heard a familiar voice doing the first reading. I was unable to stand because of my foot, got to see the man in his remote wheelchair doing the reading. He has ALS, I believe. Last I heard from his wife after not seeing him at mass a couple months back, he was bedridden with a kidney infection. What does this have to do with Coldplay?

This is a very good man whom I'd only seen in church, but knew he was a pillar of the church. I got to know him when - I'd wound up sitting next to he and his wife at last summer's Coldplay concert when I couldn't stand due to my back and sat on the disability platform. I honestly dreaded that he had passed after what I last heard, and had tears of joy in my eyes when I saw him looking well today! That had even more significance given the message of Easter!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story!

I am grateful for the existence of the city of Paris which I used to visit a lot and which I now went back to after almost two years of absence. To this place I can say "you're a refuge, somewhere I can go, and you're air that, air that I can breathe". And I'm grateful that the spirit of this city is still the same as when I first went there almost eight years ago.

• Like 4

I am grateful for my preceptor and my experience at my final clinical placement before graduation. I had a wonderful internship with her and at the hospital I was working with, I learned so much in only about a month's time and I cannot thank her and our floor team enough for their work and teaching. Not to mention, my preceptor bought pizza on my last day to celebrate, something she absolutely did not have to do, but did anyway. It really made my day and I will never forget that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I watched a very disturbing WWII documentary on TV yesterday and it struck me that I ought to be grateful to live in a time of relative peace and stability on the continent I live on. This is something you can easily take for granted and then it is a striking reminder that a few decades ago it was the complete opposite...

(Of course, war and violence isn't gone but seems to just have moved to other parts of the world... :pensive:)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
I watched a very disturbing WWII documentary on TV yesterday and it struck me that I ought to be grateful to live in a time of relative peace and stability on the continent I live on. This is something you can easily take for granted and then it is a striking reminder that a few decades ago it was the complete opposite...

(Of course, war and violence isn't gone but seems to just have moved to other parts of the world... :pensive:)

Yeah that's true but the world has definitely moved to a more peaceful state, it might not seem like it with all the media attention to conflicts and all. But right now is the most peaceful the world has even been. If you don't believe me then here's a video with links explaining the thinking behind this

. Anyway I just thought I'd say this because we've made progress towards a more peaceful world already but there's still far more that needs to be done, hopefully if we keep pushing for peace and acceptance, wars will become fewer and fewer.

But yeah I am grateful for whoever chooses music at my uni. I've heard more Coldplay being played there in the past 10 weeks than I have anywhere else... Like I've been hearing trouble and princess of china, songs that I have never heard being played on radio before. I am also grateful for other people. Like I was wearing my parachutes Coldplay shirt from the latest tour (pretty sweet of them to be selling tour shirts with their first album). Sidenote: did tour shirts from their latest tour cost you guys like around $50ish as well? :P Anyway continuing, I have just been getting quite a few people appreciating coldplay which is awesome. Mostly followed by "it's their only good album"... But yeah I was feeling pretty flat after a 3 hour physics prac and this girl I walked past complimented me on my shirt and it honestly made my day lol.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

yesterday i found an old back tire rack at a bike shop and got it for $8!! i've been looking to get one for quite some time now, since the front basket i had on my old bike won't fit on the one i have now and i use my bike for grocery shopping as well as just generally getting around. also bought some cable/zip ties and a plastic crate from Target so now i have a better way to lug all my stuff around on my bike.

so i guess today i am grateful for the joy of finding used items for a cheap price :joy: :D

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Let's revive this thread (voted "Best Thread of the General Discussion section on Coldplaying 2017", after all !) :)

Today I realized again how truly grateful I am that Kaleidoscope EP exists, the best Coldplay release in almost 10 years.

Songs like Hypnotised and A L I E N S are so beautiful and touching. Hypnotised reminds me of when spring came, SJLT Live of the concerts, AICTAIY of warm days and the anticipation of the concerts, Miracles (Someone Special) of Paris, A L I E N S of Hamburg. All of the songs take me back to the summer of 2017, which was one of the best summers of my life :heart:

• Like 4

I'm grateful for the obvious fact, that if someone can write words into music that is like reading from you soul, then they get it. they have a brain that works like yours does, and you are NEVER alone in this world. there is ALWAYS someone who gets it. (thanks coldplay, you saved my life)

• Like 3

I'm grateful that some people are still polite enough to admit their mistakes and offer their apologies for them. It happened to me today that a criminal investigator called me on my mobile phone even though I didn't know what was going on or what he intended to find out but it was clear he had got it wrong when he asked if my name was "..." which wasn't obviously. He told me not to hang up because he was about to check whether he had written the phone number right which I did out of decency. (I highly doubt that a few people can share the same phone number simultaneously although I use a prepaid mobile number.) Later he apologized to me which I found polite and becoming because I've already experienced several telephoners who rang off with no apology at all. Politeness is the flower of humanity.

• Like 1

I really want to make it a habit to post here every day...

Today I'm grateful the days are gradually getting longer again.

Me too!! I just noticed that today. I generally like colder months, rain and clouds, today was the first sunny day after 4 days of cloudines [emoji297] (yes that's a long time in my place) and I appreciated it as it was also significantly longer than I expected.
  • Like 2

Today I'm grateful that I got tickets to see coldplay when they came here. I'm also grateful that I had a good mate come along and see the concert with me. Because we have pretty different music tastes but both of us like coldplay. I say this, because trying to get tickets for imagine dragons, and having them be like instantly sold out kinda sucked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, some people might know me (I hope xD).

I think it has been a really REALLY long time since I was here for the last time. I think I'll try to be more active on the forums at least for the next weeks, after being absent for almost half a year (or even more). I have to say that it feels good to be back. Lots of stuff happened lately. Hope everyone is OK ! :D :grinning:

• Like 1