I ran away

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happiness jar! =D

This is how mine looks like:

3690374653_f62cfb6f74.jpg

That's how my bank account looks .... (being a college kid in the states means you're hella broke :sob:)

Though, while I am broke af, I still manage to do well in classes and maintain my relationships, so, I'm thankful I'm able to still figure life out and do well academically. In the words of Eric Idle:

giphy.gif

Thanks, the cramps were luckily gone today.

I am tired and have been feeling a bit sick again this evening, so I am very grateful I can sneak under a warm blanket now and sleep.

I hope you feel better soon! Go curl up with that blanket and put the kettle on for a good cuppa, nurse's orders! :P

• Like 1

Batman I can't shake the feeling that the demotivational sayings of my 365-day Grumpy Cat desk calendar would resonate purrrrfectly with your mindset !

HAH you're probably right. But I think I'm pretty much oversaturated with anything grumpy cat related by now. I'll just stick to the edgy miserable memes the internet provides on a daily basis <3

That's how my bank account looks .... (being a college kid in the states means you're hella broke :sob:)
Come to Germany, you won't have to pay a single cent to university =D

Though, while I am broke af, I still manage to do well in classes and maintain my relationships, so, I'm thankful I'm able to still figure life out and do well academically. In the words of Eric Idle:

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_nyggud0DfT1r1jqxq_500.gif

• Like 2

Come to Germany, you won't have to pay a single cent to university =D

I flipping wish. I'm in my last year, so I feel like it won't do me much good now .. and I'm honestly terrified by the world I'm about to enter thanks to Trump and all the political chaos that has been going on in the states.

However, to maintain positivity and keep with the thread:

I watched a bunch of Brendan Urie vines/videos today, and while that seems trivial, his stuff put me in a good mood. It's kind of nice to see musicians do goofy things and be ... well, regular, goofy people (kinda like how Coldplay did early on with "The Nappies" and "Jonny Goes Jazz").

• Like 1

Today I'm thankful for having the most amazing friends :blush:

Today, I'm grateful that the five-day rain stopped and that there are people at Coldplaying who I can talk to. :)

And now your rainy days are in my country lol but that's ok, I was missing them here:D

Today I'm thankful for silly youtube videos featuring dogs that sing Coldplay songs. [emoji1]

Those are the best! Dogs are coldplayers!

• Like 1

today i am grateful for paychecks and getting paid more per hour than i had expected :party::party:

YOU GO GIRL!! :D

I feel very grateful that I have a friend who is nice enough to give me FREE hummus :yum

• Like 1

Wow, I really haven't been on here in way too long, but I already love this thread cause I love finding little things to be grateful for. So I guess today I am grateful that I decided to log in here again cause I really missed it:D

Oh, and as Chris always says, I am grateful to be alive.:heart:

• Like 3

Today I am that grateful @flockofbirds222 has come back to the forum ;) and that one year ago on this day, I saw Coldplay live for the first time...

Aww thanks:D

I remember that so well, in fact I thought of you when I saw that the Today Show performance was one year ago today... You posting about it is probably one of my first memories I have of being on Coldplaying:D

• Like 1

Aww that's very nice of you to say :)

It was the first time I used Coldplaying on mobile and I remember posting lots of updates and unimportant details the whole night and day after. But for me, at the time, it was really a huge, huge thing going there ! And keeping up with the community here during the whole thing is equally engraved in my memory as the morning show itself.

Fun fact: Some people, including @iamsue and @Nie, tried to spot me in the crowd. Nie eventually made a screenshot and, in what must have been one of our first PM exchanges, asked if that was me. The photo was indeed me, but I found it completely awful :D A few days ago I thought, now with the distance of a year in between, I wanna see if the photo is really as terrible as I thought it was. So I searched for that conversation and looked at it again and thought.. OMG, it REALLY is as dreadful as I remembered it :joy: :joy: :joy:

But thanks for taking it anyway, it was funny, Nie :p

(Sorry for hijacking the gratitude thread for telling this pretty random story, lol)

• Like 4

It was the first time I used Coldplaying on mobile and I remember posting lots of updates and unimportant details the whole night and day after. But for me, at the time, it was really a huge, huge thing going there ! And keeping up with the community here during the whole thing is equally engraved in my memory as the morning show itself.

Fun fact: Some people, including @iamsue and @Nie, tried to spot me in the crowd. Nie eventually made a screenshot and, in what must have been one of our first PM exchanges, asked if that was me. The photo was indeed me, but I found it completely awful :D A few days ago I thought, now with the distance of a year in between, I wanna see if the photo is really as terrible as I thought it was. So I searched for that conversation and looked at it again and thought.. OMG, it REALLY is as dreadful as I remembered it :joy: :joy: :joy:

(Sorry for hijacking the gratitude thread for telling this pretty random story, lol)

Thanks for hijacking the thread and sharing your story with us:D

I'm thankful you share lovely stories that put a smile upon my face.:)

• Like 1

But thanks for taking it anyway, it was funny, Nie[emoji14]

Haha, yes I remember.

It was a screenshot of the TV broadcast and I had to stop it at a not so clear moment.

Well you have the excuse that it was pouring rain that day. [emoji16]

• Like 1

I love your story, so don't worry:joy:

I think I must have looked pretty awful during my concert too... But luckily there's no photos of me:joy:

I think I remember being in school during the show and I tried to keep up with your updates during my break...

• Like 1

Well you have the excuse that it was pouring rain that day. emoji16.png

There are even more excuses if you start looking for them - I had a cold, I had been awake for around 20-21 hours at that point... :P

Today I had upsetting news about 2 collegues at work who were diagnosed with the same disease.

I'm just grateful for being healthy.

Health is so central to life...often it is only when we lose it that we begin to appreciate its significance. I am frequently worried about getting this kind of diseases and am grateful for health, too. All the best to them, and you stay healthy !

But luckily there's no photos of me:joy:

We can change that on June 30, you know ;)

• Like 2

Today I am that grateful @flockofbirds222 has come back to the forum ;) and that one year ago on this day, I saw Coldplay live for the first time...

Aww thanks:D

I remember that so well, in fact I thought of you when I saw that the Today Show performance was one year ago today... You posting about it is probably one of my first memories I have of being on Coldplaying:D

That was also one of my first memories. I remember how Batman pushed you over your indecisiveness and that's how you ended up going. It all started here. In fact you posted all kinds of interesting details ;)

I remember how we were all online morally supporting @I ran away while she was on the bus. It's kind of hilarious to think about, actually. Ah, the nostalgia.

• Like 3