✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much a live album/DVD/Blu-ray is wished for, I don't see this happening at all to be honest. It's been almost a year since the closure of the tour. No record company will release a tour document that long afterwards.

Well OneRepublic released a movie of their tour after 3 years of its end so it’s not so impossible.

• Like 4

The best release date now is about November 15th/16th (1 year anniversary of AHFOD TOUR) :broken_heart:

HISTORY:

LIVE 2012 - Coldplay tell us about it 50 days before cinema release.

LIVE 2014 - Coldplay tell us about it 36 days before.

So, if my math is correct 50 days before November 15th/16th is this week (September 27th/28th) and those 36 days take us to October 11th/12th.

An announcement anytime from September 27th to October 12th is the most possible thing now. ;)

• Like 6

It's really hard to predict especially with how much we've been wrong so far, but if they are going to release it this year, there has to be an announcement by mid-October I would think. If we get towards the end of October and haven't heard anything, then I'm going to assume it's coming out sometime next year.

Also I strongly believe this won't be called Live 2017. It doesn't make much sense to release something called Live 2017 at the end of 2018. Every other live DVD/Album has come out in the year it was filmed/recorded. Plus with Rik saying he was working on getting as many shows into the film as possible, I think they could possibly have a mix of recordings from 2016 and 2017. So calling it Live 2017 wouldn't fit that either.

Also just with the amount of time they've been working on it, we're going to get more than just live performances. Personally I think it's going to have an actual title, and not Live 2017. Something like "Up& Up". Either way let's hope we find out soon because this year long wait has been excruciating lol, but I think it will definitely be worth it once it comes out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

But will they call it Live 2018 or 2019 if they didn't even play it during that year?

What if they dont call it Live 20xx at all? What would they call it? I rather they call it Live 2017 'cause I want them to keep consistent.

• Like 2

Yeah that's what I'm saying, it doesn't really make sense to come out with something titled Live 2017 in 2018. Also it wouldn't make sense for them to call it Live 2018 when they haven't played at all this year.

That's why I think it's going to have more of an emphasis on the documentary part. But I would also prefer them to be consistent lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'd love for them to call it for Live 2017 because I like consistency too, but this might indeed not happen.

I could see them calling it "A Head Full Of Dreams Live" (similar to "Ghost Stories Live 2014") or, if the focus is indeed on the documentary part, some phrase that could sum up their entire career so far (Up&Up, Adventure Of A Lifetime,....)

• Like 5

the release of the movie next year doesn't make any sense, they are known by the fact that the vast majority of their last albums (live / lp) were released during the pre-christmas period so they can make more money.

and I totally agree, THEY HAVE TO SHOW SOMETHING by mid October

• Like 2