✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this weird feeling about tonight/Friday! C'mon Coldplay! First week of September! Pure speculation. Debs initial release was this week! just feels like a good time. Most likely nothing will happen though ahh.

Yeah maybe try again next week...or maybe the week after that...well maybe even this time next month....

• Like 1

if they want to release it in October, they have to come up with information this week.

if there is no information this week - they will release it in November at the earliest. We will see.

Nah they won’t announce it this week they’ll definitely release in November like all other Live films. My bets are on September 21st and September 28th

• Like 1

Pretty much zero clues. Except....

If you go to Mat Whitecross' twitter -- he's been liking quite a few Tweets directed at him about Coldplay, at least more than over the course of the summer. So maybe that's a sign it's finished?

Seems like a good time of year for a release! Only competition I forsesee is Muse's new album and the 1975, and also possibly Vampire Weekend (very exciting).

Warner Music is massively cracking down on full Coldplay concerts on Youtube these days, including my full show recordings...some of them even though they were set to PRIVATE on Youtube !

I think it's just them being nasty, but since it seems to focus so much on full concerts, could there be a little chance it is because...Live 2017 is about to come up ? :eyes:

• Like 3

Warner Music is massively cracking down on full Coldplay concerts on Youtube these days, including my full show recordings...some of them even though they were set to PRIVATE on Youtube !

I think it's just them being nasty, but since it seems to focus so much on full concerts, could there be a little chance it is because...Live 2017 is about to come up ? :eyes:

Hmmm I hadn't thought of that. Was your concert that was taken down from the AHFOD era?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, two of mine have been taken down so far and some from other people (and unfortunately I didn't save them before :() and all of these were from the AHFOD Tour !

For me it takes no sense to remove only fan videos and keep all the recorded professional videos (Rose Bowl, Made in America Festival, etc...). If you notice the videos with few songs missing are still alive.

I believe that if you have audio/video of HFTW, and you don't have the rights to it, it is a violation of WMG copyrighting. Hence the professional videos with copyrighted songs edited out.

Also the cracking down could certainly be ramped up if they anticipate a release that will be/was heavily reproduced on YouTube soon (like Live 2017).

I could be wrong on both accounts though.

• Like 1

Can you tell me why only HFTW ?

In my cases HFTW was indeed one of the claimed tracks, but not the only one. ASFOS is one of the others.

I think it's because the live versions of HFTW and ASFOS have a heavy usage of the prerecorded studio album tracks? In other words, YouTube can recognize that the video is using copyrighted music, whereas most of the other songs they played live are almost completely live instrumental with some backing stuff.

And Clocks was pre-recorded on this tour I believe, at least Chris' vocals were. Although I'm still not sure, does any one know if Will, Guy and Jonny were playing live on Clocks for this past tour?

That's interesting that they made you take down Clocks, as there isn't a released version of the "AHFOD pre-recorded version of Clocks" that they appeared to use for the entirety of the tour.

Also, that's awesome that you were able to get it back up!

• Like 1

I think it's because the live versions of HFTW and ASFOS have a heavy usage of the prerecorded studio album tracks? In other words, YouTube can recognize that the video is using copyrighted music, whereas most of the other songs they played live are almost completely live instrumental with some backing stuff.

And Clocks was pre-recorded on this tour I believe, at least Chris' vocals were. Although I'm still not sure, does any one know if Will, Guy and Jonny were playing live on Clocks for this past tour?

That's interesting that they made you take down Clocks, as there isn't a released version of the "AHFOD pre-recorded version of Clocks" that they appeared to use for the entirety of the tour.

This makes sense for HFTW and ASFOS. However, doesn't really make sense for Clocks. The supposed pre-recorded Chris vocals are NOT the studio version, and the instrumentation is relatively different/clearly live, with Chris doing interesting bits on the piano esp during the bridge and Jonny doing some pretty big effects not present on the studio version.

yep that's right, those automated systems recognise studio versions AND anything that sounds too much like a studio version (a clear backing track or a synth loop or whatever)

Clocks is a weird case because only the vocals were not live, but maybe it detects those vocals as "sounds exactly the same every time --> must be a studio version"?