✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, but at the Kansas City concert last night Chris announced that they were currently in the process of recording a live album that they plan to release in November.

He mentioned it because he told us they wanted to use the KC version of Us Against the World on it [emoji14]

Anyway--has there been any news of this yet? Am I late to the party or is this as much news to the rest of you as it was to me?

Nearly 700 posts later hahaha.....
  • Like 3

14 November seems to be the correct release date, I'm assuming that since more sites have the following as the description, that's the official bio, and the sites that have that description say 14 November

"One of the world’s biggest bands share their story, in their own words, for the first time. Charting Coldplay’s incredible journey from the humble origins to stadium-filling superstardom, this is the definitive Coldplay film. Director Mat Whitecross (Supersonic) showcases live performances and backstage footage from the momentous global stadium tour A Head Full of Dreams, alongside unprecedented and unseen archive material captured over 20 years."

https://villagecinemas.com.au/movies/coldplay-a-head-full-of-dreams

https://m.foroxity.nl/index.php?toon=filminfo&nummer=HO00001584

also, the BBFC seems pretty official

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/coldplay-head-full-dreams-film

• Like 4

hang on does this mean it will be like a Supersonic style doc and not a full concert film with a bonus documentary ? if so i would be disappointed ....

The sypnosis says that it will include footage from the last tour so i think it will be a mix of a concert movie and a documentary

there is a massive french band called Indochine.

What they normally do when they release a live DVD, is one DVD where they show the entire concert , and another DVD with bonus features like a 40/50 minutes tour documentary . I really hope Coldplay will do something just like this for it. (sorry for the pun..)

• Like 4

there is a massive french band called Indochine.

What they normally do when they release a live DVD, is one DVD where they show the entire concert , and another DVD with bonus features like a 40/50 minutes tour documentary . I really hope Coldplay will do something just like this for it. (sorry for the pun..)

That's what I think could end up happening. 2 hours and 20 minutes seems like a long time to just focus on the documentary portion (although I personally wouldn't mind). So I'm predicting about 90 minutes of the concert, and that leaves us with about 50 minutes for the documentary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We should definitely be getting an announcement tomorrow. This picked up really quickly!!
That's my favorite thing about these long waits. We go months on end completely in the dark, and then bam!

It's funny because I was reading one of the posts on this thread earlier this morning and someone had said something about their hopes for a November release were dwindling. I read that and felt the same way, but then I thought to myself that literally anything can happen any one of these days. I said today may be the day or tomorrow, you never know.

Obviously we didn't get an official announcement yet... But still it's something. And the synopsis has me really excited. Originally I thought this would just be documenting the AHFOD Tour/Sessions, but if we in fact do get archives/behind the scenes footage from their entire career... Oh man it gets me so excited.

Maybe we can finally see video of their very first gig? To hear So Sad in it's entirety would be awesome, although I don't want to get my hopes too high. Honestly I'm just happy that we are finally going to see this thing before the end of the year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3