✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my favorite thing about these long waits. We go months on end completely in the dark, and then bam!

It's funny because I was reading one of the posts on this thread earlier this morning and someone had said something about their hopes for a November release were dwindling. I read that and felt the same way, but then I thought to myself that literally anything can happen any one of these days. I said today may be the day or tomorrow, you never know.

Obviously we didn't get an official announcement yet... But still it's something. And the synopsis has me really excited. Originally I thought this would just be documenting the AHFOD Tour/Sessions, but if we in fact do get archives/behind the scenes footage from their entire career... Oh man it gets me so excited.

Maybe we can finally see video of their very first gig? To hear So Sad in it's entirety would be awesome, although I don't want to get my hopes too high. Honestly I'm just happy that we are finally going to see this thing before the end of the year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sounds stupid but I'd literally cry if I could see their first gig

• Like 3

NEW SYNOPSIS from Coldplay.film:

One of the world’s biggest bands share their story, in their own words, for the first time. Charting Coldplay’s incredible journey from humble origins to stadium-filling superstardom, it is the definitive Coldplay film. Director Mat Whitecross showcases live performances and backstage footage from the momentous global stadium tour A Head Full of Dreams, alongside unprecedented and unseen archive material captured over 20 years.

The film juxtaposes spectacular performances of iconic tracks like Fix You and Viva La Vida with intimate, behind-the-scenes moments that reveal the depth of the band’s friendship and brotherhood. A one-night-only global cinema event not to be missed.

...hm, so it doesn't contain a live album or a complete recording of an AHFOD Tour setlist as suspected. I wonder if we should change the title of this thread. I still hope there might be a potential DVD package featuring an AHFOD Tour DVD but somehow I doubt it...

• Like 4

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I’d rather get this documentary (which, from the trailer, looks awesome!) than a Live album. We already got 2 of those and while the AHFOD concerts were pretty cool the only songs I’d kinda like to see in a live setting are the opener, AOAL and U&U. Most of the songs played on the tour are already available in Live 2003 and Live 2012.

• Like 6

Coldplay have announced a new film, A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS, which throws the doors wide open on their colourful 20 year history. The film will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video starting in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand on Friday, November 16 with local language versions available globally soon after.

coldplay-lead-image.jpg?width=600

Coldplay have announced a new film, A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS, which throws the doors wide open on their colourful 20 year history. The film will be available to stream exclusively on Amazon Prime Video starting in the UK, US, Australia and New Zealand on Friday, November 16 with local language versions available globally soon after.

The documentary release will be preceded by a special one-night showing of the film in collaboration with Trafalgar Releasing in more than 2,000 cinemas around the world, on Wednesday, November 14. Tickets are on sale from Friday, October 19 from coldplay.film.

In conjunction with the launch of A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS on Amazon Prime Video, Coldplay will premiere three live tracks, available to stream only on Amazon Music beginning Friday, October 26. The tracks are: Stayin’ Alive (Live at Glastonbury) by Coldplay & Barry Gibb, Us Against The World (Live in Leipzig) and Don't Panic (Live in Paris).

A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS offers an in-depth and intimate portrait of the band’s spectacular rise from the backrooms of Camden pubs to selling out stadiums across the planet.

At the heart of the story is the band’s unshakeable brotherhood which has endured through many highs and lows.

The film is helmed by Mat Whitecross - director of Supersonic, the acclaimed 2016 Oasis documentary - who met the four friends at college in London, before they’d even formed the band. From the very first rehearsal in a cramped student bedroom, Whitecross has been there to capture the music and the relationships on tape.

Whitecross has since directed many of the band’s most iconic videos (including Paradise, A Sky Full Of Stars and Adventure Of A Lifetime) and continued to document the band’s musical and personal evolution.

Using extensive unseen archive, behind-the-scenes and live footage, A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS sees the band reflect upon their two decades together. It was filmed during Coldplay's record-breaking A Head Full Of Dreams Tour, which was certified as the third biggest tour of all time, playing to more than 5.5 million fans across the world.

• Like 1

Very exciting, like others I cant wait to see the film itself rather than just a live show again (however I wouldn't complain if we got that as a DVD extra :D)

Has anyone found out what cinema group are showing it in the UK? I know some other countries have started popping up but not seen any of the UK companies saying so. Iv signed up for news but just wondered!

Oh man this looks so awesome! I am also wondering about the Live aspect of this. Personally I prefer the documentary over the live film, only because we already have a few full length concerts from the AHFOD era (Glastonbury, Rose Bowl, Chicago) but I am still hoping for something. I know they will release a few live tracks (Silver Bird version of UATW!) but wasn't Rik mixing like 96 tracks or something like that at one point?

Maybe this will initially be in cinemas and then through Prime with a DVD/Bluray release later on that will include a Live DVD with the documentary. I don't know about that, but I do know I am so pumped for this thing! The trailer alone gave me goosebumps and made me grin like an idiot, so I wonder what the actual film will do to me?

EDIT:

Also, I was so close! Lol

thumbnail.thumb.jpeg.cdbdbd8d6ac020a86d2eb29ec42dae4a.jpeg

• Like 4

Aaaaah! So exciting! Just watching the trailer I am in complete aw! And all the activity here on Coldplaying is really fun :-)

The thing that sucks is, I doubt it will come to a cinema near me. I live in Iowa and it's kind of considered Nowheresville, USA.....oftentimes, things that are released "worldwide" do not come anywhere in Iowa. I'd bet that the closest cinema to me will be Omaha, NE which would be a 2.5 hour drive and I can't pull that off on a Wednesday night.

I know it said something about releasing on Amazon Prime Video but I am old-fashioned and would rather have a DVD (and we don't subscribe to Amazon Prime)....do you suppose they will release a DVD of it? If so, anyone have a prediction on how long it would take a DVD to come out?

Either way, the documentary is going to be so amazing to watch!!!!!

• Like 3

uhhh wtf, I'm not in an English speaking country but that language will do just fine thanks.

In conjunction with the launch of A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS on Amazon Prime Video, Coldplay will premiere three live tracks, available to stream only on Amazon Music beginning Friday, October 26. The tracks are: Stayin’ Alive (Live at Glastonbury) by Coldplay & Barry Gibb, Us Against The World (Live in Leipzig) and Don't Panic (Live in Paris).

omg the silver bird version of UATW! hype!!!

• Like 2

Aaaaah! So exciting! Just watching the trailer I am in complete aw! And all the activity here on Coldplaying is really fun :)

The thing that sucks is, I doubt it will come to a cinema near me. I live in Iowa and it's kind of considered Nowheresville, USA.....oftentimes, things that are released "worldwide" do not come anywhere in Iowa. I'd bet that the closest cinema to me will be Omaha, NE which would be a 2.5 hour drive and I can't pull that off on a Wednesday night.

I know it said something about releasing on Amazon Prime Video but I am old-fashioned and would rather have a DVD (and we don't subscribe to Amazon Prime)....do you suppose they will release a DVD of it? If so, anyone have a prediction on how long it would take a DVD to come out?

Either way, the documentary is going to be so amazing to watch!!!!!

I honestly think it's going to be a Prime Exclusive for a bit, but I think we will see a DVD release at some point. Maybe a collectors type edition with a live album and full live concert.

• Like 3

I am hoping for bluray with enhanced audio options like dolby atmos or at least truehd. prime is nice but the quality, particularly audio, will suffer compared to bluray - and with it being a documentary about a band with concert footage audio quality is fairly important.

• Like 2