🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I love how people are just choosing to ignore the mods and filling up the thread with PM requests. Dudes... Read up.

Anyway, @MancakesTheBand

Great find!!! Looks like some of these songs might be potential Viva-era songs that didn't make the album. I'm all for that. A lot of bands use unreleased material from previous eras and re-work them.

• Like 5
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's el

Happy to report that half a year later I'm completely over that lack of interest in these songs and Everyday Life is a masterpiece to me that I still play comparatively often !

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another

Posted Images

Love the snippets thus far, thought they expose very, very little.

The inevitable debate of whether it will be Oldplay or Newplay is in full swing on Discord and Reddit. Personally, these clips sound a bit more lively than I expected given the supposed album cover. The full tracks will tell the truth, but definitely sound like Coldplay. I wouldn't say this barely 15 seconds of music is experimental.

In summary:

Arabesque(?) - 5 seconds - Very funky guitar and bass, almost reminds me of Miracles Someone Special. Dark sounding.

Orphans(?) - 10 seconds - Sounds like AHFOD to me if Stargate hadn't produced it, and that's a GOOD THING. The instrumentation sounds really lush and the chorus sounds super super catchy. Getting almost Phil Collins vibes? Makes sense for a single. Heavy base, chiming guitars, percussion similar to AOAL.

Ooof, your description of the snippets has me very excited. Keeping clear of them till tomorrow. I remember the video of them performing Someone Special going up and I was so intrigued, wasn't in love with the actual song once it came out though so Arabesque has my attention. I don't hate Stargate's/(MAYBE Rik's) production on AHFOD but I've always wondered how the album would differ without their influence so count me hyped for that too. What kind of Phil Collins? In The Air Tonight climax or like a Two Hearts kinda vibe or nothing like either?

Beyond excited at this point

• Like 3

Okay, perhaps that isn't a banjo I was hearing in the 15 second clip :joy: I was listening without my headphones that I had shamefully forgotten. Sounds like it's just a very raw acoustic guitar alongside Johnny's unmistakable tone.

I really do think that clip is Orphans, and the other one is probably Arabesque. Maybe it's Trouble In Town, but I'm inclined to think it's Arabesque. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being more of a rocker.

I am more of an oldplayer than a newplayer

To me the snipets sound very good, chris voice is clear and does not feel overproduced...and the guitars :heart_eyes:

Good, another Oldplayer who's trying to be optimistic! :D

I think that in Arabesque, that's actually Guy playing a Bass riff... What do y'all think?

Some bassists do play in a somewhat higher register, so I wouldn't be too shocked. Guy does it on songs like Magic and Low so it isn't too weird to assume that he's doing it again.

Just a theory on the double album and the meaning of the 100 years working thing:

What if the songs are some unreleased or lost songs of previous eras!

That would explain why the sun and moon appears on one song for each era on YouTube!

1919, Previous Era, Back in time...

Makes sense to me

What do you think?

They have unearthed songs and released them before, plus we have Arabesque here which is a title that has been known since... 2008 or 2009? Gosh I want to see if you're right, it'd be interesting.

• Like 2

To be honest with you, after hearing these snippets.... If Orphans and/or Arabesque are the new singles, and are the most "poppy" of all songs on the double album... Then we're in for something special. I got veeeerrry wordly vibes from them.

Although to be fair, A Sky Full of Stars was a late single from GS after the album was released. So perhaps i'm wrong.

Hi, can you please all SEND ME A PM instead of commenting in this thread ? This makes it so much easier for me, otherwise I have to go to each of your profiles and check if I can start a conversation with you etc and it takes so much time. Thanks !

• Like 5

Crazy theory: We're getting a b-side tomorrow with the single as a callback to the "earlier days" where singles would commonly be released with such things

Crazier theory: The b-side we're getting tomorrow is an unreleased track from one of the previous eras

I think we’re just going to get two songs, one from sunrise and one from Sunset, a little bit like how every teardrop is a waterfall came with major minus when it was released

• Like 1

This was from 2 days ago, has been passed by here, and debunked by the owner of the site. It was apparently edited to say Monkey Paw instead of the actual title. I would not pay too much attention to it.

• Like 5

Yeah, this video was proven to be fake a number of pages back on this thread, the person that yells “Monkey’s Paw“ actually yells the name of one of the real songs but they edited the video to not show the real name of the real song the person yelled in order to not spoil it here and to not compromise the poster

• Like 1

This was from 2 days ago, has been passed by here, and debunked by the owner of the site. It was apparently edited to say Monkey Paw instead of the actual title. I would not pay too much attention to it.

It has been happening soo much around here xD I didn't even saw those posts

• Haha 1

It has been happening soo much around here xD I didn't even saw those posts

Absolutely, this thread has gone a bit off the rails since last week, but as of tomorrow we are actually going to have the ultimate of confirmations on stuff, at least I hope LOL

• Haha 1

The B-side will be Monkey's Paw :p

Honestly, in that clip, Chris is probably just playing along with all this fandom madness. The whole band is probably peeking at all the speculation and having a good laugh.

• Like 3

Are we even sure that countdown is really a countdown for a single release? xD

I thought about this originally. Thought I was onto something haha.

Has to be a single though. The album is out in less than a month.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Are we even sure that countdown is really a countdown for a single release? xD

Seeing as some high-quality snippets of songs leaked the day before a countdown is supposed to end, I do think we’re going to get songs tomorrow, that’s usually the way it goes high quality snippets usually leak the day before, and at the very worst case scenario the countdown ends and all we get is an official announcement

• Like 3

Seeing as some high-quality snippets of songs leaked the day before a countdown is supposed to end, I do think we’re going to get songs tomorrow, that’s usually the way it goes high quality snippets usually leak the day before, and at the very worst case scenario the countdown ends and all we get is an official announcement

There have already been official album announcements from the band. I don't see how it could be anything else besides a new single or two.

• Like 2

I mean

I thought about this originally. Thought I was onto something haha.

Has to be a single though. The album is out in less than a month.

I mean... I would hate to be building this much expectation and then is something else...

Let us be ready in case its something else!

Don't know what but not gonna build a big expectation around this

There have already been official album announcements from the band. I don't see how it can be anything else besides a new single or two.

Of course, I think the same, I actually think we are getting two songs and not just one tomorrow, but I think we are getting an “official” official announcement online as well, like the album cover, the tracklist, if there’s any features on the album, like an actual announcement from the band, not just posters or letters or newspaper ads

• Like 5

Of course, I think the same, I actually think we are getting two songs and not just one tomorrow, but I think we are getting an “official” official announcement online as well, like the album cover, the tracklist, if there’s any features on the album, like an actual announcement from the band, not just posters or letters or newspaper ads

I think the same. Two songs, but also official announcements and start of pre-sale.

Sometimes I do keep wondering though, if we get Orphans and Arabesque tomorrow, what happened with that CHris and Guy acoustic studio duet of Trouble in Town ? Or the performance in the Amman citadel (UNLESS that is the music video we're getting tomorrow) ?

• Like 4