✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Love the snippets thus far, thought they expose very, very little.

The inevitable debate of whether it will be Oldplay or Newplay is in full swing on Discord and Reddit. Personally, these clips sound a bit more lively than I expected given the supposed album cover. The full tracks will tell the truth, but definitely sound like Coldplay. I wouldn't say this barely 15 seconds of music is experimental.

In summary:

Arabesque(?) - 5 seconds - Very funky guitar and bass, almost reminds me of Miracles Someone Special. Dark sounding.

Orphans(?) - 10 seconds - Sounds like AHFOD to me if Stargate hadn't produced it, and that's a GOOD THING. The instrumentation sounds really lush and the chorus sounds super super catchy. Getting almost Phil Collins vibes? Makes sense for a single. Heavy base, chiming guitars, percussion similar to AOAL.

• Like 7

Just a theory on the double album and the meaning of the 100 years working thing:

What if the songs are some unreleased or lost songs of previous eras!

That would explain why the sun and moon appears on one song for each era on YouTube!

1919, Previous Era, Back in time...

Makes sense to me

What do you think?

• Like 5

I love how people are just choosing to ignore the mods and filling up the thread with PM requests. Dudes... Read up.

Anyway, @MancakesTheBand

Great find!!! Looks like some of these songs might be potential Viva-era songs that didn't make the album. I'm all for that. A lot of bands use unreleased material from previous eras and re-work them.

• Like 5

Love the snippets thus far, thought they expose very, very little.

The inevitable debate of whether it will be Oldplay or Newplay is in full swing on Discord and Reddit. Personally, these clips sound a bit more lively than I expected given the supposed album cover. The full tracks will tell the truth, but definitely sound like Coldplay. I wouldn't say this barely 15 seconds of music is experimental.

In summary:

Arabesque(?) - 5 seconds - Very funky guitar and bass, almost reminds me of Miracles Someone Special. Dark sounding.

Orphans(?) - 10 seconds - Sounds like AHFOD to me if Stargate hadn't produced it, and that's a GOOD THING. The instrumentation sounds really lush and the chorus sounds super super catchy. Getting almost Phil Collins vibes? Makes sense for a single. Heavy base, chiming guitars, percussion similar to AOAL.

Ooof, your description of the snippets has me very excited. Keeping clear of them till tomorrow. I remember the video of them performing Someone Special going up and I was so intrigued, wasn't in love with the actual song once it came out though so Arabesque has my attention. I don't hate Stargate's/(MAYBE Rik's) production on AHFOD but I've always wondered how the album would differ without their influence so count me hyped for that too. What kind of Phil Collins? In The Air Tonight climax or like a Two Hearts kinda vibe or nothing like either?

Beyond excited at this point

• Like 3

Okay, perhaps that isn't a banjo I was hearing in the 15 second clip :joy: I was listening without my headphones that I had shamefully forgotten. Sounds like it's just a very raw acoustic guitar alongside Johnny's unmistakable tone.

I really do think that clip is Orphans, and the other one is probably Arabesque. Maybe it's Trouble In Town, but I'm inclined to think it's Arabesque. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being more of a rocker.

I am more of an oldplayer than a newplayer

To me the snipets sound very good, chris voice is clear and does not feel overproduced...and the guitars :heart_eyes:

Good, another Oldplayer who's trying to be optimistic! :D

I think that in Arabesque, that's actually Guy playing a Bass riff... What do y'all think?

Some bassists do play in a somewhat higher register, so I wouldn't be too shocked. Guy does it on songs like Magic and Low so it isn't too weird to assume that he's doing it again.

Just a theory on the double album and the meaning of the 100 years working thing:

What if the songs are some unreleased or lost songs of previous eras!

That would explain why the sun and moon appears on one song for each era on YouTube!

1919, Previous Era, Back in time...

Makes sense to me

What do you think?

They have unearthed songs and released them before, plus we have Arabesque here which is a title that has been known since... 2008 or 2009? Gosh I want to see if you're right, it'd be interesting.

• Like 2

To be honest with you, after hearing these snippets.... If Orphans and/or Arabesque are the new singles, and are the most "poppy" of all songs on the double album... Then we're in for something special. I got veeeerrry wordly vibes from them.

Although to be fair, A Sky Full of Stars was a late single from GS after the album was released. So perhaps i'm wrong.