✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

When I heard the snippets from AHFOD I figured Birds and Fun would be two of the relatively small number of songs I'd like. I was right. I trust my instincts, Peppy. (Star Fox 64 reference). Is the first song Orphans and the second Arabesque or do I have it backwards?

Edit: Yes, I have it swapped.

I think both snippets are from the same song. If you listen close you can hear the same bass line in both the snippets. Plus the drum/beat structure is the same. Or did I hear a different snippet? (it's about 15 sec long)

Radio1 broadcasted a short preview of the interview minutes ago. They said that the interview was recorder weeks ago

He played AOAL at around 7 AM and mentioned the Annie Mac 7 PM interview and the 7:30 PM release. No preview of the interview.

• Like 1

According to their Facebook page, the band is formed in 1919. I'm really curious what is all going on with this 1919 stuff

My thinking is that it's just Chris' sense of humour - I suspect it's an album of songs from the cutting room floor from their entire career and Chris being Chris, instead of saying "from the last 20 years" said "the last 100 years" because that's his sense of humour, and that stuck and they ran with it.

• Like 12

Jo Whiley went through the album track-by-track on her Radio 2 show last night after playing Magic..let’s just say teaser that was more informative than this!:joy:

Not sure if anyone else heard it, but she said she liked the album, especially "When I Need a Friend". She said also that there is some classic-Coldplay stuff as well as non-classic Coldplay and that there is nothing currently in the music world that you can compare the album to.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Not sure if anyone else heard it, but she said she liked the album, especially "When I Need a Friend". She said also that there is some classic-Coldplay stuff as well as non-classic Coldplay and that there is nothing currently in the music world that you can compare the album to.

Interesting.

• Like 2

Apparently this album will include explicit content. That’s a first, right?

I just saw that on Twitter and I'm not liking it to be honest. I don't mind a little swearing in a live context but one thing I always liked about Coldplay is that their entire studio discography is clean and family-friendly.

• Like 5