✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Couldn't it be they liked it?

Their taste of music isn't necessarily yours or mine. We just have to accept it and be glad they always try something new.

This song has become so popular all over the world. I think we shouldn't look down on all the people who like it.

No one is looking down on anyone. You can't conflate not liking a song with looking down on someone. There are plenty of great songs in the world I don't like. And plenty of music in the world most people don't like that I like (I like a lot of pop music that people would say is pop garbage, I just don't like really any of The Chainsmokers music). Who am I to look down on Coldplay for making music with whoever they want? I can't, and that is not what I was doing.

I'm still not convinced that Guy, for example, loves SJLT. As much as Coldplay say they only release music with full band approval, Coldplay has released plenty of music that certain band members don't like.

Are we supposed to just sit here and say we like everything Coldplay release because we are fans of the band? If you like it, great, if you don't, it doesn't affect anyone.

• Like 5

Hello people! I'm Andy and just joined the (great) forum lately.

I'm sure it's worth the wait when the band is coming back with a new album in the next few years.

Hope it'll be more acoustic again, I enjoyed most of the tracks on Ghost Stories, so would be great to get something similar like this or Parachutes then.

Besides that, I personally would like to see some archival releases / expanded editions of their old albums over the time (which, of course, is more or less unlikely. lol).

Wish it's possible to hear something from their Panic EP (when they were called Big Fat Noises) or demos from the later material... Well, okay I dream too much.^^

• Like 4

I fear I may have sparked a small war with my somewhat controversial comments on Imagine Dragons! Lets all keep it loving and friendly people. We are one big band, from Coldplayers to music fans worldwide. People can enjoy what they want, and music can be whatever you want it to be for you. Lets try to appreciate the good in all music, as I shall from now on. We can all learn from each other <3

• Like 5

1:46 - 2:25 in this song is magic. I'd love to see coldplay make something just like this (haha)

I've heard this song before but I had no clue it was by The Chainsmokers! I quite like this one. The Chainsmokers textbook beat actually works within this one, and it's much better when their goofy singer isn't singing on the song. It reminds me a bit of the Seeb remix of I Took a Pill in Ibiza which is an exceptional song (I think even Chris mentioned that song as being like "chocolate" to the ears).

• Like 1

I fear I may have sparked a small war with my somewhat controversial comments on Imagine Dragons! Lets all keep it loving and friendly people. We are one big band, from Coldplayers to music fans worldwide. People can enjoy what they want, and music can be whatever you want it to be for you. Lets try to appreciate the good in all music, as I shall from now on. We can all learn from each other <3

How dare you say you dislike a band's music!

• Like 3

I think it is absolutely correct and necessary to be able to say you dont like something. Different opinions should be encouraged and embraced.

That's not the same thing as some of the behavior that seems to creep in when people start assuming people must be lying when they say they like a style of music, or that they are somehow lesser for their choices. That is the piece that should get called out and has no place in a Coldplayer community.

• Like 2

About The Chainsmokers....is it even possible to not like them that much, for Coldplay to be my favorite band and to like some of the other Chainsmokers songs better than SJLT? I agree with Roses and even a song like Closer...guilty pleasure kind of thing for any sixteen year old at the time

• Like 2

I think it is absolutely correct and necessary to be able to say you dont like something. Different opinions should be encouraged and embraced.

That's not the same thing as some of the behavior that seems to creep in when people start assuming people must be lying when they say they like a style of music, or that they are somehow lesser for their choices. That is the piece that should get called out and has no place in a Coldplayer community.

he was only joking

I'm sure it's worth the wait when the band is coming back with a new album in the next few years.

Hope it'll be more acoustic again, I enjoyed most of the tracks on Ghost Stories, so would be great to get something similar like this or Parachutes then.

Besides that, I personally would like to see some archival releases / expanded editions of their old albums over the time (which, of course, is more or less unlikely. lol).

Wish it's possible to hear something from their Panic EP (when they were called Big Fat Noises) or demos from the later material... Well, okay I dream too much.^^

Welcome to the forum ! :)

• Like 2

You know what I recently thought ? I wonder if the LP8 Era will give us a new Coldplay font.

I see the font as an important part of eras, because it often corresponds to the feeling or theme of the music. A classical font for Viva, a blown-up comic font for MX, a dark subdued one for GS, colourful letters for AHFOD....

For the new live album the band used the old and familiar Albertus font again.

Maybe that has the visual meaning of 'closing the circle of chapter 1' but I hope they gonna re-use it more. I think the font is kinda part of their DNA.^^

• Like 4

Surprises are by nature surprising! We have no idea what is next. PH just took to twitter to hint at a few things.

[MEDIA=twitter]1057327483672915968[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1057327483672915968

[MEDIA=twitter]1057319539598184448[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1057319539598184448

So we are on the trampoline. What is going to be so different about the next universe?

Ideas:

1. A Coldplay founded record label.

2. A Guy Berryman centric & produced Coldplay album.

3.???

A 'trampoline'... To me that sounds like we jump back for a short time (that means re-releases of their old albums with lots of bonus stuff) and then jump forward again (new album, tour, etc.).^^

• Like 3

Well, the band and Rik Simpson were basically all sitting around in Malibu sometime during 2017 saying things like, "Well, we could release a deluxe edition" and "Would we release the deluxe edition before or after the regular edition?" and "Would we even do a regular edition?" and "Would the deluxe edition cost more?" and "Would the regular edition have to be slightly worse?" and "How many tracks would there be?" etc, etc. Then it ended with Chris turing to the camera and saying something like, "Well, people of the future? You are the only ones who know the answer. What did we wind up doing? Did we even release anything at all? Is there a deluxe edition? Do you even know what we're talking about? You are the only ones who will know, even after we're long gone. But Rik will still be here because he's 106 years old" and then the movie ended.

The discussion sounds to me like planning remasters of their previous albums (and releasing them in a box set or individually), and then decide if a deluxe edition (of each album or the one set) is coming along...

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum, have fun!

• Like 1

Hello, welcome to this community!

• Like 1