✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Haha no worries. I think you're totally right. Studio versions often lose their luster. For Kaleidiscope EP for example, I was so so so excited for Jonny's guitar solo on AICTAIY and the string section on Miracles (Someone Special). But then when the studio version dropped both of those elements were mixed to be super quiet. I love those songs, but will never get over the mix!!

Yeah, the mix on AICTAIY is terrible. It's such a great song, but the mix makes it sound like it's played underwater. It really doesn't do that epic guitar solo justice.

• Like 1

Well, today a new story appears in a Galician newspaper that says Coldplay could perform this summer at a festival in Galicia (Spain).

They already made a rumor a few months ago, but now they say that new sources have told them that there have been contacts, and that in addition Chris Martin was the other day at the wedding of the daughter of the owner of Inditex (a Spanish multinational company based precisely there in Galicia, she owns Zara, Pull and Bear and these clothing stores).

It could make sense if we take into account that there were also rumors that they were going to another festival in Portugal, very close to there.

Here is the new (in spanish):

https://www.farodevigo.es/sociedad/2018/11/19/coldplay-camino-galicia/2001306.html

The rumours say they're playing in a stadium in Portugal. So it wouldn't be on a festival. I'm really excited to get some news.

Yeah, the mix on AICTAIY is terrible. It's such a great song, but the mix makes it sound like it's played underwater. It really doesn't do that epic guitar solo justice.

That was the first thought I had when I listened to it. It was disappointing compared to the live version.

• Like 1

Could you translate this to english, please?

I might be wrong with some of the tenses but in general it goes like this:

Coldplay announces the release of their new album in 2019! The world tour will follow in 2020! We'll be keeping you informed! Register below!

Just a thought.

Is it possible that these shows next year are a kind of 20th anniversary celebration along with a 'Best Of' album? I don't know if the guys would really want it but maybe Parlophone wants to cash in...That will just suck (but if this is the case, hopefully we get some unreleased b-sides in the special edition or whatever)

Just a thought.

Is it possible that these shows next year are a kind of 20th anniversary celebration along with a 'Best Of' album? I don't know if the guys would really want it but maybe Parlophone wants to cash in...That will just suck (but if this is the case, hopefully we get some unreleased b-sides in the special edition or whatever)

I would be down with it if they play beloved b sides.

I also had a thought. What if they don't release albums anymore but rather some other format. I dont know, various collections of songs. Maybe Chris can release more stuff he thinks that's cool if it's not a track list session anymore. :D:p

• Like 1

Just a thought.

They said they would never release a greatest hits album, but I could see them doing it if they also gave some us some bonus unreleased tracks. Honestly I wouldn't mind that at all. I think it's a win win for everyone. The label gets there greatest hits album, the band give us more than just what we've already bought, and we get new songs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I might be wrong with some of the tenses but in general it goes like this:

Coldplay announces the release of their new album in 2019! The world tour will follow in 2020! We'll be keeping you informed! Register below!

I think that's just a pure fake to get people to register on that website. Not based on any facts whatsoever, probably only on the rumours that have been going around and Dave Holmes' latest remark regarding a possible new tour.

• Like 4

I would be down with it if they play beloved b sides.

I also had a thought. What if they don't release albums anymore but rather some other format. I dont know, various collections of songs. Maybe Chris can release more stuff he thinks that's cool if it's not a track list session anymore. :D:p

Agree totally. Chris said something to the extent that they wouldn’t be doing anything in the way of traditional albums in the future - or would be doing different formats. Don’t recall the exact quote but it came out during AHFOD interviews, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree totally. Chris said something to the extent that they wouldn’t be doing anything in the way of traditional albums in the future - or would be doing different formats. Don’t recall the exact quote but it came out during AHFOD interviews, I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that clip was also in the AHFOD film toward the end. He said he'd be surprised if there was another traditional Coldplay album.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rumours without end, and nobody knows anything.

There's much tabloid gossip going on about Chris, and it seems he is only in Malibu and nowhere else, except popping up now and then for a performance (Global Citizens, wedding in Spain etc.). I have the feeling that Coldplay is sort of splitting up, with Chris on the one side in the USA and the rest of the band on the other side in London. I can imagine Jonny, Will and Guy releasing an acoustic Album, perhaps with some vocals by Will. OK, that's only an idea of what might be going on.

I would like them to come forward with a completely new Album with all their so far unreleased songs. There must be hundreds.

• Like 5

There's much tabloid gossip going on about Chris, and it seems he is only in Malibu and nowhere else, except popping up now and then for a performance (Global Citizens, wedding in Spain etc.). I have the feeling that Coldplay is sort of splitting up, with Chris on the one side in the USA and the rest of the band on the other side in London. I can imagine Jonny, Will and Guy releasing an acoustic Album, perhaps with some vocals by Will. OK, that's only an idea of what might be going on.

I would like them to come forward with a completely new Album with all their so far unreleased songs. There must be hundreds.

I can say regretfully that I completely agree with this, after thinking about the recent developments with Los Unidades. I really don’t enjoy Chris’ uncomfortable new vocal tone in comparison to his incredible emotional style during the Oldplay eras, and think it’s really sad that the band aren’t together in London anymore.

In my opinion, Chris’ voice doesn’t blend with hip-hop type tracks and dance music, and he seems so out of place performing with artists like Pharrell as we saw at the recent South Africa festival.

Their releases and whole PR machine have really been a complete mess with the Kaleidoscope EP and now Los Unidades, so I’m beginning to think that the band themselves and their team don’t really have a clear direction or plan for the future.

As Chris himself would say, it’s important to stay true to yourself. So I would really enjoy a stripped-down album with just Jonny, Guy, and then Will on lead vocals, in the hope that they could rekindle that intimaticy of Parachutes or AROBTTH. They’ve achieved unimaginable things in their lengthy career compared to where they started from, and this forum shows that there’s still demand for that genre of music out there. So I think that would be a logical next step, as I don’t feel that the other band members are really comfortable with the direction Chris wants to go in as of late, especially as he has the attitude of not wanting to look back, which has lead to trying to fit into a new mainstream genre with Los Unidades.

• Like 6

think it’s really sad that the band aren’t together in London anymore.

That's the core of the problem and perhaps the fact that Chris and the band are mutually fed up with one another. But it wouldn't really be Coldplay any more, would it? Perhaps 'Coldplay2'?

No idea where all this negativity/rumours about them splitting up and disagreeing on the music is coming from.

- Phil and Mat already said that the band are already planning their next moves.

- the movie cleary showed that no songs are seeing the light of day where not every band member is happy with it

- the band is currently on a break/vacation, so it‘s not a big surprise to me, that only chris is active at the moment

- chris is already living in the US for some years now (i think since GS), so that‘s not really new for the boys

I would also love to get another album like AROBTTH or Parachutes but i also think that this is never gonna happen. They were young then and the albums and their moods were about insecurities and stuff like that. Since they have grown up and overcome those issues, i highly doubt them doing something similar.

I could imagine them doing an acoustic album but then again only with a very different mood compared to those older albums

• Like 9

I can say regretfully that I completely agree with this, after thinking about the recent developments with Los Unidades. I really don’t enjoy Chris’ uncomfortable new vocal tone in comparison to his incredible emotional style during the Oldplay eras, and think it’s really sad that the band aren’t together in London anymore.

In my opinion, Chris’ voice doesn’t blend with hip-hop type tracks and dance music, and he seems so out of place performing with artists like Pharrell as we saw at the recent South Africa festival.

Their releases and whole PR machine have really been a complete mess with the Kaleidoscope EP and now Los Unidades, so I’m beginning to think that the band themselves and their team don’t really have a clear direction or plan for the future.

As Chris himself would say, it’s important to stay true to yourself. So I would really enjoy a stripped-down album with just Jonny, Guy, and then Will on lead vocals, in the hope that they could rekindle that intimaticy of Parachutes or AROBTTH. They’ve achieved unimaginable things in their lengthy career compared to where they started from, and this forum shows that there’s still demand for that genre of music out there. So I think that would be a logical next step, as I don’t feel that the other band members are really comfortable with the direction Chris wants to go in as of late, especially as he has the attitude of not wanting to look back, which has lead to trying to fit into a new mainstream genre with Los Unidades.

I'm sorry but there is approximately 0% chance Jonny, Guy and Will create an album on their own with Will on vocals :joy:

We have no indication Coldplay are splitting up. Quite the opposite, actually.

-Guy said they were taking a 1 year break after AHFOD and getting back to work next year (2019)

-Mat Whitecross has said Coldplay are "hatching something"

-Jonny has told a fan they will be back soon

-They have all pretty much stated they are not splitting up, just that they don't know what the future holds

A lot of us asked Coldplay to take a nice break and to take time and refresh to come back with better music. So, here we are, and now people think they are splitting up because Chris has been home a lot in LA and they haven't been together since November 2017.

Don't Panic ;)

• Like 14