✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
Can you remind me what is in Malibu? Is there a studio there or something?
Yes. There is a studio called "Woodshed Recording Studio", where parts of AHFOD were recorded and there is the house of Chris that also has some recording capabilities.
  • Like 5

Guy is/was probably in Malibu, because he was invited to Chris's birthday party for his 42nd birthday in his house in Malibu on Saturday.

Besides, their studio in Malibu apparently burned down a few weeks ago. If they are really going to record new music they will do it in London.

Guy was in Switzerland just a few days before the big Indian wedding festivities in St. Moritz, and everybody thought

Coldplay would perform there. But it was Chris who sang there, not the band.

We must wait until Will and Jonny are spotted in Malibu, too.

• Like 2

Guy is/was probably in Malibu, because he was invited to Chris's birthday party for his 42nd birthday in his house in Malibu on Saturday.

Besides, their studio in Malibu apparently burned down a few weeks ago. If they are really going to record new music they will do it in London.

Guy was in Switzerland just a few days before the big Indian wedding festivities in St. Moritz, and everybody thought

Their studio burned down?

Their studio burned down?

Well, Chris mentioned it while singing about the firefighters in Malibu a few weeks ago.

Some people thought it was a joke but others reported it did burn down.

But the band might do some recording in Chris's house though it would make more sense

to do it in London so that only one of the four has to travel.

• Like 4

Wait, so Jonny and Will and Phil weren't invited? Or did they just not come to Malibu

which is quite odd while Guy was the only that travelled so far to show up ??

I hope it isn't true about their Malibu studio ....

Wait, so Jonny and Will and Phil weren't invited? Or did they just not come to Malibu

which is quite odd while Guy was the only that travelled so far to show up ??

I hope it isn't true about their Malibu studio ....

They might be there too. Malibu was in Guy's Instagram story (if you didn't see it) so we know he's there but it's hard to know about the others.

• Like 2

They might be there too. Malibu was in Guy's Instagram story (if you didn't see it) so we know he's there but it's hard to know about the others.

I did just check it! I actually can't believe that Guy's the only one with an Instagram account. I think that the others might check Instagram with an account that they use altogether or something like that OR they each have a secret account with other names so they can't get recognized .... :cool:

• Like 2

Let's wait and see if Guy will post anything else on Instagram. If he is in California and in Malibu, there's a pretty good chance they'll meet up.

But who knows and we all have to wait - it's offseason anyway and whoever is claiming there's not been enough activities, I don't agree: We got the Kaleidoscope in 2017 and last year we got the EP from Los Unidades.

Granted, neither is a CD but we know how picky the band are regarding songs and what gets released. They've been pretty active almost every year so I would suggest following Dave Holmes' timeline which suggests nothing big until 2020...perhaps a record late this year but I'd bet on it for 2020 actually.

• Like 7

It doesn't have to do with Chris' birthday party, because Guy's instagram was him touching down in LA yesterday. It's very possible Will and Jonny are there too, but only one band member has an instagram ;).

Surely, if the studio they used truly burned down, they will easily record elsewhere in LA for Chris' convenience (like his house or the billion other studios in LA). They are Coldplay, not some startup high school band with no budget :joy:

I'm guessing they will continue to split time in LA and The Bakery.

• Like 5

Let's wait and see if Guy will post anything else on Instagram. If he is in California and in Malibu, there's a pretty good chance they'll meet up.

But who knows and we all have to wait - .

You are right, who knows?

Guy was in Switzerland and didn't meet Chris in St. Moritz. Now he's in California, perhaps he won't see Chris but is spending his holidays there. Or he might just say hello to Chris. As long as Will and Jonny are not there the band will not record anything there.

Guy is the only one of the four who keeps in contact with the Coldplay fans, that's what I like about him!

• Like 3

Can someone post the actual pics from Guy? I dont have insta, and im not sure if its the type of thing that disappears after 24 hours. Might be a good idea to keep it NOW while its still available.

^thanks,

so it seems its somewhere here:

https://goo.gl/maps/iXMrgo4MbF42

wonder if there are recording studios close by...?

Theres:

-Great Music Inc

-Black Horse One Music Group

-RDA Music

-if they are travelling east like it looks like, they're on their way to Studio Malibu and Levy Music Publishing

https://www.google.com/maps/search/recording+studio/@34.0375872,-118.686995,15.63z

• Like 3