✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

^Now this seems more likely to me! You don't have a 20 year career without almost completing a bunch of tracks that never found a home. And yes, it sounded like there was an acoustic version of MX that was scrapped that could potentially resurface (ALIENS did after all).

Maybe they surprise release an acoustic album in January and do a Ghost Stories style tour? I like the idea of a Parachutes 20 Year Anniversary tour with a remastered version and extra b-sides as well. Lots of possibilities that seem likely. And yeah there was that confirmation that they wouldn't have a tour until 2020 or 2021, but also Phil said the next few years (2019/2020) were going to have a lot of surprises so maybe Era 8 is coming sooner than we think.

Another side note about an old, unreleased album resurfacing next year:

This reminds me of what My Chemical Romance (MCR) did (before breaking up :D ). They had finished an album called Conventional Weapons but weren't feeling it and ended up completely redoing their LP4 which was Danger Days: The True Lives of Fabulous Killjoys -- an album I love but also one that was divisive to fans (just like MX). They released Conventional Weapons a couple years later as a bunch of mini-EP's. A lot of MCR "Oldplayer" equivalents were very pleased with this since it sounded a bit more like MCR's rockier sound.

• Like 3

I'm honestly down to wait. I don't think they would release an acoustic album, but rather integrate the acoustic songs into each album. They have done so much so far, they deserve to take their time and put the best into their work. We are gonna have to wait until at least 2020. And that is okay.

• Like 2

Mat Whitecross mentioned yesterday the boys are currently taking a sabbatical year.

I believe they will be back by 2020-2021.

Cannot come soon enough.

About a month or 2 back, Guy mentioned they set out after the AHFOD tour to take 1 year off (2018, roughly) and will go back to work at some point next year.

Well, Dave seems to be dropping hints about an album and a tour next year! Add the post-credit scene from the movie, this just might be realistic for us optimists.

Homes says, hinting that the band is on track to release a new album sometime over the next year, followed by a tour.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/coldplay-documentary-interview-dave-holmes-mat-whitecross-1203028114/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2

Well, Dave seems to be dropping hints about an album and a tour next year! Add the post-credit scene from the movie, this just might be realistic for us optimists.

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/coldplay-documentary-interview-dave-holmes-mat-whitecross-1203028114/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

BRING IT ON.

Even if its an EP for a festival tour! This LP8 thread about to become my life

• Like 4

This sounds logical. Will and Jonny are at the bakery these days.

• Like 7

Could someone help me out and (using spoilers, obviously) tell me what happened in the post-credit scene? It’s a long story but basically someone in front of me in the cinema threw up near the end and I had to get out! Seems like I missed something important!

Wait, NME saying they are releasing a surprising new album next year? Or just working on it? The headline and text of article are confusing.

http://fal.cn/SHXB

jumping to conclusions, a masterclass by NME

Could someone help me out and (using spoilers, obviously) tell me what happened in the post-credit scene? It’s a long story but basically someone in front of me in the cinema threw up near the end and I had to get out! Seems like I missed something important!

the band are discussing how they should release their album, with a deluxe version, the deluxe version as the standard version, a deluxe version and a "slightly less good version" etc, and the timing thing said Malibu 2017, so it can't have been AHFOD and Kaleidoscope isn't an album. Maybe they year was wrong, but if it wasn't................

• Like 1

Well, the band and Rik Simpson were basically all sitting around in Malibu sometime during 2017 saying things like, "Well, we could release a deluxe edition" and "Would we release the deluxe edition before or after the regular edition?" and "Would we even do a regular edition?" and "Would the deluxe edition cost more?" and "Would the regular edition have to be slightly worse?" and "How many tracks would there be?" etc, etc. Then it ended with Chris turing to the camera and saying something like, "Well, people of the future? You are the only ones who know the answer. What did we wind up doing? Did we even release anything at all? Is there a deluxe edition? Do you even know what we're talking about? You are the only ones who will know, even after we're long gone. But Rik will still be here because he's 106 years old" and then the movie ended.

I feel like I'm living in a really strange time.

So the band that we love and cherish went on a hiatus, saying that the next tour would be not earlier than 2021 and, a part from that, "we'll only be full of surprises". Now we get this movie and after the credits they (indirectly, of course) tease us with something we haven't seen before, leaving us again to discuss (and to speculate?). Then, the Portuguese show up saying "hey, there's gonna be a gig at Estadio da Luz next year". Of course NME swallow this info and add more hype to this topic.

What I wanted to say initially was that if they really release new music next year, this will be even more ridiculous for me because in such case, there won't be this long and promised "hiatus". So, like, Coldplay are always near you. Which is as amazing thing of course. But having read tons of posts here with people agreeing they need a good break this whole situation makes me feel weird.

I love Coldplay. But what I love even more is that they take a good rest and won't repeat themselves with another colorful AHFOD-like poppy release.

Thank you.

All is Love.

• Like 5

I feel like I'm living in a really strange time.

So the band that we love and cherish went on a hiatus, saying that the next tour would be not earlier than 2021 and, a part from that, "we'll only be full of surprises". Now we get this movie and after the credits they (indirectly, of course) tease us with something we haven't seen before, leaving us again to discuss (and to speculate?). Then, the Portuguese show up saying "hey, there's gonna be a gig at Estadio da Luz next year". Of course NME swallow this info and add more hype to this topic.

What I wanted to say initially was that if they really release new music next year, this will be even more ridiculous for me because in such case, there won't be this long and promised "hiatus". So, like, Coldplay are always near you. Which is as amazing thing of course. But having read tons of posts here with people agreeing they need a good break this whole situation makes me feel weird.

I love Coldplay. But what I love even more is that they take a good rest and won't repeat themselves with another colorful AHFOD-like poppy release.

Thank you.

All is Love.

Totally agree... If they release something next year, there are a lot of possibilities that the new album will be influenced by the AHFOD era (colourful, poppier and optimistic). If they sepparate the releases between several years, the influence will be less and less, they'll be able to see things in a new perspective to write totally new music. I think a lot of us don't want an AHFOD Part 2 album. This era was great, I know, but I hope they did something a bit different this time like, I don't know, 80s-like music? xD I'd love something with a lot of classical music influence tho.

Anyway, there's no way for us to figure this out right now, but I bet this thing is going to be pop all over again... :P

• Like 4