✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

What are you even referring to?

The moon thing?

"But watch this space"?

Neither of them look too suspicious to me either way

Ι refer to the "But watch this space" part and I'm sorry I didn't mention that. Someone from Coldplay Xtra noticed that this part was added a month ago in the website...

• Like 2

Oh, Coldplay Xtra used to be Project Atlas! No wonder they seem pretty on top of things...I'll give 'em a follow.

Anyways, yeah, I still dont think its anything to write home about. Like, I dont think anything is imminent by that phrase there.

Im more excited about Guy still in LA....

• Like 1

That means Guys Synchro Sunday album listening party will be in L.A

Guy won't probably sit down, in LA or elsewhere, to listen to the album from beginning to end today. He knows it and has often listened to it.

But I like how he keeps in touch with his fans. Sadly the three others don't.

Cool story from R/Coldplay about a user who supposedly saw Guy. Also confirms that Guy is still there, which can only be good news!

[MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2Fazbzl7%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://old.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/azbzl7/i_always_wondered_if_id_recognize_a_member_of_the/

Also cool he's happy about the followers he has : )

• Like 10

Cool story from R/Coldplay about a user who supposedly saw Guy. Also confirms that Guy is still there, which can only be good news!

[MEDIA=reddit]path=%2Fr%2FColdplay%2Fcomments%2Fazbzl7%2F[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://old.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/azbzl7/i_always_wondered_if_id_recognize_a_member_of_the/

Also cool he's happy about the followers he has : )

Cool !

But why didn't he tell where? I suppose it took place in Malibu.

Id say Jonny is equally quiet. Its just that Chris drags him out for interviews more.

But either way, I dont know why, but I do like it! I guess since he showed a sneak peak at his hobbies, maybe he realized there are others who enjoy his hobbies and that he'd share it with the world a bit.

• Like 3

lolu

[MEDIA=twitter]1104892062347026432[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplay/status/1104892062347026432

I think LP8 will be heavily influenced by international sounds and dream pop-Chris lately has been heavily influenced lately by music well beyond the scope of the UK and US. He clearly has been listening to a lot of music from Africa and various parts of Europe.

Also, conspiracy theory- Chris was only half joking by his "enough tweeting for one month" comment. Perhaps he and/or the band will be hard at work over the next month, or, something will develop on the Coldplay front in one month. :eyes:

I'm also bored and grasping at straws because I'm desperate for something from the band.

• Like 9

I think LP8 will be heavily influenced by international sounds and dream pop-Chris lately has been heavily influenced lately by music well beyond the scope of the UK and US. He clearly has been listening to a lot of music from Africa and various parts of Europe.

Also, conspiracy theory- Chris was only half joking by his "enough tweeting for one month" comment. Perhaps he and/or the band will be hard at work over the next month, or, something will develop on the Coldplay front in one month. :eyes:

I'm also bored and grasping at straws because I'm desperate for something from the band.

Knowing Chris, I believe there is some significance behind the "enough tweeting for one month".. maybe I'm grasping straws too but I do have a good feeling...

• Like 2

So far, we can guess LP8 will have at least:

* Heavy pop influence

* Collaborations

I just hope Rick Simpson makes a better job this time... to this day, I think AHFOD and Kaleidoscope EP mastering sounds odd tbh! He did a great job from Viva to Ghost Stories tho... I know he can do better...

• Like 2

* Heavy pop influence

Oh no

Collaborations

OH NO

:D Seriously, I hope they will come up with something very different for the start of their next chapter. I'm not expecting a return to their roots, but more of the same would also be rather disappointing.

• Like 8

Re: Chris Martin tweet

I honestly think that there is no real significance to this. I don’t think we’re going to be hearing any new Coldplay material until closer to the end of this year. New era for a new decade

I agree with you. Guy just seems to have a nice holiday in California with his family. He is touring all over the country. Yesterday he posted pictures from Santa Monica. If they were recording new songs Will and Jonny would have been spotted in Malibu as well.

Chris might be thinking about a new EP with Los Unidades for the next Global Citizens' Festival, but I don't think the band will participate.

• Like 5

Oh no

OH NO

:D Seriously, I hope they will come up with something very different for the start of their next chapter. I'm not expecting a return to their roots, but more of the same would also be rather disappointing.

I just completed watching the VH1 Storytellers Coldplay episode from the X&Y era, thanks to @jc90 ! Thanks again for that, I enjoyed it so much.

Near the end, Chris said this regarding the song Fix You and the X&Y album as a whole:

..."me and John started doing it in Chicago and it got recorded in about five different countries, and then we ended up throwing most of it away and going right back to the beginning, which is kind of what we did on our record anyway, we sort of got rid of all the paraphernalia surrounding a big band, and we went right back to basics, just the four of us."

After hearing this, it really resonated with me. All I could think was, "My, I really deeply hope that this is the mentality going into LP8."

I completely agree with @I ran away , in that I'm not expecting a full return to their roots, but I hope that their focus is like Chris said back during X&Y--getting rid of all the paraphernalia (like the super pop-style influence, and focus on collab'ing with the Beyonce's), and focus on the band and the basics and the amazing music they make together as a foursome.

• Like 9

The difference as to the musical taste of the four of them becomes more and more obvious now that they are on a gap year (or gap years). Look at the music Chris loves as revealed on Twitter and the music Guy loves as shown on Synchro Sunday. It couldn't be more different. And Will once said he loved listening to classical music. I wonder how they will ever agree on making new songs.

• Like 3