✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not holding my breath for a release tomorrow (it's still Thursday evening here) if Adele is dropping her single. Coldplay is huge, but Adele is probably one of a handful of artists that could outcompete them. I doubt their record label would want that. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

I bet we see some more posters pop up tomorrow along with a teaser that has to do with the first single. Something similar to the AHFOD intro snippet or the running man from the MX era. And then maybe first single next Friday?

• Like 1

Anyone seen this ?

https://www.instagram.com/stories/jimmydushku?hl=de

Either Jimmy D is trolling, or this is really a glimpse into LP8.

Probably trolling though.

Hmmm, that's very interesting. Not sure about the vocals at the beginning of that, but the instrumentals sound exactly like what I would expect from a song that melds Eastern + Western influences.

What's that app called where you can play a snippet of a song and it will give you the title/artist? Anyone able to play the audio and see if it exists anywhere?

Hmmm, that's very interesting. Not sure about the vocals at the beginning of that, but the instrumentals sound exactly like what I would expect from a song that melds Eastern + Western influences.

What's that app called where you can play a snippet of a song and it will give you the title/artist? Anyone able to play the audio and see if it exists anywhere?

You probably mean Shazam

I really don't believe it though. It has become such a sport to try and troll fans

I'm seeing talk on Facebook about the band's YouTube account possibly having a new video uploaded but set to private until the proper time to release it. The person says there were 219 videos yesterday and now it says 220. Can't confirm it because I never paid attention to this one little number before, but it's worth noting what kind of speculation is going on.

• Like 9

Anyone seen this ?

https://www.instagram.com/stories/jimmydushku?hl=de

Either Jimmy D is trolling, or this is really a glimpse into LP8.

Probably trolling though.

I really hope he's only trolling. And I hate these kind of people who pretends they just have ir own something that others don't only to make them feel all superior than the rest of us and get attencion.

• Like 3

I'm seeing talk on Facebook about the band's YouTube account possibly having a new video uploaded but set to private until the proper time to release it. The person says there were 219 videos yesterday and now it says 220. Can't confirm it because I never paid attention to this one little number before, but it's worth noting what kind of speculation is going on.

That sounds intriguing. Then I have hope we're gonna get a single tomorrow at some point !

• Like 3

I really hope he's only trolling. And I hate these kind of people who pretends they just have ir own something that others don't only to make them feel all superior than the rest of us and get attencion.

Thats why i stay away from Insta. Seem like a online d!ck measuring contest to see who can flex the most. Im not exactly saying this poster is...but im saying insta in general is.

• Like 3

Same. That guy has been making hints for months now. I really dislike this kind of action.

As I've said before - if you know something, say it. If you know something and don't wanna say it, just keep your mouth shut.

So thanks to @Stanley we now know this is a song by another artist, not Coldplay.

OH BOY!!!!

• Like 3

Haven't listened to Coldplay much lately but checked out a Spotify playlist last night on a whim. What timing!

I've been here since Speed of Sound was released--the first of many times arguments began about Coldplay going pop or selling out. (Actually some said that even about Parachutes!) But the beginning of a new era is always fun to me.

I will never forget the great Viva la Vida leaks when everybody migrated to an abandoned Justin Timberlake messageboard to download .mp3 files in terrible quality--and at random. I think I got Cemeteries of London first.

Enjoy these next few weeks, everyone!

• Like 10

Wow!!!

I am not quite sure

What it said yesterday unfortunately, but something in my mind says that the last number I saw was an uneven number, so there's a big chance this's true and they are keeping the new video for themselves at this point!!!!

For all hating on Jimmy, he often meets up with Chris and will most likely again soon, hence the teasing lol. I think he’s just having a bit of fun on Instagram!

To I Ran Away's point though, thats great, im happy for any fan for such an experience, but Im not getting a 'humble' vibe from him, im getting a vibe like he wants to show off to people, and that shit aint cool.

• Like 1

• Administrators

To I Ran Away's point though, thats great, im happy for a fan for such an experience, but Im not getting a 'humble' vibe from him, im getting a vibe like he wants to show off to people, and that shit aint cool.

Personally he has been a gentleman to me and has always been good to Coldplaying. If I was in his situation I would 100% show off. Also I don’t think this is showing off that much, the haircut story doesn’t give away anything. Also the other story may just be a subtle tease, who cares either way!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Edit: Snippet removed by mod

Btw I wasn't hating on him as a person or a fan, I just personally don't like the things he did in the past few weeks. Maybe that's just my opinion. No hate !

I keep forgetting what I’m allowed and not allowed to say. Album release times are scary because if you accidentally say something you could get a very angry text lol

• Haha 2

Personally he has been a gentleman to me and has always been good to Coldplaying. If I was in his situation I would 100% show off. Also I don’t think this is showing off that much, the haircut story doesn’t give away anything. Also the other story may just be a subtle tease, who cares either way!

Thats cool, you know him better than me, so you probably have a more accurate representation of who he is. Like you said, who cares either way. He doesnt know I exist, im not really 'aware' he exists except when he pops up with stuff like this, so we'll never really cross paths. All good, we'll keep doing are separate things and keep listen to the same band.

BUT ANYWAYS, back to LP8, I do think its a good idea to keep an eye on youtube. Again, in smash (the video game), right before they release something, they also privately upload a video to youtube, and just change the video to public from private when it comes time. If we think they uploaded already, then the public released could be real soon!

From the Coldplay website code, seems like there could be a 30 second clip? Maybe thats it? I mean, this way they continue the teasing phase, they dont have to compete with Adele because the full song isnt out, just a 30 sec snippet thing

• Like 7

Man it kills me that I've been sucked into work and being busy.

I got really into the band in late December 2015, and this is my first experience of the hype leading up to a new era.

Very very exciting times and it just makes me so happy- I cannot wait for the music but I could honestly stand another week of teasers!

• Like 5