✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Also, I do believe that when people have referred to the first album as "experimental", we have to read that with a pinch of salt.

Unless a huge surprise, experimental Coldplay will still be pretty mainstream.

Some people think Ghost Stories is an experimental album... Nah. Nope.

• Like 4

I imagine Chris saying that the two albums are two sides of the same coin.

The experimental album is represented by the moon, a darker sound.

The mainstream album (due in 2020) is represented by the sun, more colorful and vibrant.

Two albums now? I obviously missed something.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Pilar Zeta seems to be the art director for this new era as well! She’s the one in charge of all art for AHFOD (album cover, etc), you can see on her Instagram she posted about the new images! Interesting...

That’s why the image of the moon and the sun remind me so much of the flower of life of AHFOD that was first posted in a black background...

Wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow or when the announcement drops that they zoom out on the moon and the sun and there’s much more to that image posted today than what we think

• Like 5

22th november 1919

22 + 1 + 9 + 1 + 9 = 42 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think Violet Hill was originally B&W. But the videos that were changed add up to 42 minutes and it's the 42nd week of the year right now, according to an earlier post in this thread.

Coincidence?

42 ... "Time is so short and I'm sure, there must be something more".

So... they continue doing music together.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Well everyone should check this one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_and_crescent

The star and crescent is a symbol that crosses time and cultures. It was most commonly used by the Ottoman Empire and now modern Turkey. But, generally it is very popular today in Islamic countries (see the flags of Turkey, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Malaysia, Pakistan and Tunisia).

The most similar to Coldplay's design is this Byzantine one:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9344]9344[/ATTACH]

I'd thought of Turkey too but it's not the same star - it's a 10 pointed star, also known as a Decagram. There's a ton of rabbit holes that open up when you search for Decagram :)

Also, I do believe that when people have referred to the first album as "experimental", we have to read that with a pinch of salt.

Unless a huge surprise, experimental Coldplay will still be pretty mainstream.

Yes - I remember when they were making Mylo Xyloto and reading an artilcle that Coldplay were mastering a "brave" new direction - MX definitely sounded different to previous works but was by far their most pop record at that point. Maybe by experimental they could just mean "experimenting with new sounds" ? :P

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I am hoping for an announcement and new music tomorrow

But I think it would be a huge surprise since there have been no leaks besides that Daily Star article.

I believe it is more likely that we will have to wait more time before new music....

i wouldn't be so sure on that

the bigger you are as a band- sometimes the more control you have- like Bowie and Blackstar

they've become pretty adept at flying under the radar at The Bakery or wherever at times thru the years.

plus the strength/onslaught of this campaign...makes me think we get announcement and single tomorrow...with album dropping Nov. 22.

honestly they'd be foolish NOT to drop a little something Friday...likely 7am UK time?

• Like 3

i wouldn't be so sure on that

the bigger you are as a band- sometimes the more control you have- like Bowie and Blackstar

they've become pretty adept at flying under the radar at The Bakery or wherever at times thru the years.

plus the strength/onslaught of this campaign...makes me think we get announcement and single tomorrow...with album dropping Nov. 22.

honestly they'd be foolish NOT to drop a little something Friday...likely 7am UK time?

I wake up with new Coldplay!!! Sweeet!!!

• Like 2

This 1919 number....what is about, really?

Personally I think the albums inspired by events & music from 1919 - this would explain the solar eclipse and using the moon and sun in the new logo. It would also explain the "old wooden piano" sound that was heard at Coldplay's new video shoot in Malibu last week,

• Like 4

Maybe it’s not Coldplay that was founded in 1919... Maybe is the band on the poster :eyes: Maybe they’re doing something like the Beatles did for Sgt. Peppers and they’re gonna be a “ficticious” band for this era, and that’s the band that was founded in 1919...

• Like 7