✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Kirboh said his sources told him the single was postponed to next week or the week after that. Now that he admitted to being a troll, the chances of a Friday the 18th release have gone slightly up by my logic

One reason I don't think Coldplay will release their next single tomorrow is apparently Adele has a new single coming out tomorrow and her album is getting released in November also lol. I do hope Coldplay put out a new single tomorrow as it's the 42nd week but their label might of moved it back to next Friday to avoid clashing with Adele.

• Like 1

Has anyone noticed a lot of Coldplay's music videos on YouTube have changed into a strange B/W thumbnail? The Scientist, Paradise, Up&Up.. do you think it has something to do with the new album?

I've listed the b/w music video thumbnails (except the ones that were originally intended that way):

- Violet Hill

- Life in Technicolor ii

- The Scientist

- The Hardest Part

- Yellow

- Paradise

- A L I E N S

- Up & Up

It's weird. Not all videos/thumbnails from the certain eras are in b/w now.

Hmm, what do these videos have in common (apart of it's the same band)?^^

I've listed the b/w music video thumbnails (except the ones that were originally intended that way):

- Violet Hill

- Life in Technicolor ii

- The Scientist

- The Hardest Part

- Yellow

- Paradise

- Up & Up

ALIENS too

• Like 1

- Violet Hill

- Life in Technicolor ii

- The Scientist

- The Hardest Part

- Yellow

- Paradise

- A L I E N S

- Up & Up

Hmm, what do these videos have in common (apart of it's the same band)?^^

I think Violet Hill was originally B&W. But the videos that were changed add up to 42 minutes and it's the 42nd week of the year right now, according to an earlier post in this thread.

• Like 1

After seeing all the different posters now, I really do think the album is just called '1919' and will be a concept album about different events that happened that year (including the solar eclipse). The logo they've updated on their website looks like your looking at the moon and sun out of a church window. Something about the logo also looks Amish to me haha.

• Like 1

The sun and the moon, It has to be some kind of recurrent theme for Coldplay as well. It's like this chapter is the first new one after their "previous" career. This might be the ultimate exploration of what Brian Eno intended for them to do in the first place.

Man does THIS sound amazing. I'd love to see them working with Eno again. Currently rocking out to Birds in anticipation of tomorrow. Any chance these symbols reference a song rather than the album? Remember when they had all those symbols for the songs during MX?

• Like 4

Also, I do believe that when people have referred to the first album as "experimental", we have to read that with a pinch of salt.

Unless a huge surprise, experimental Coldplay will still be pretty mainstream.

Yes. I’m very skeptical when I hear the word experimental.

Experimental was Midnight. But then the rest of GS was very mainstream. So...

I would also classify VLV as experimental (for the band) but it was still radio friendly.

So yeah. Experimental? Hmm I’ll wait till I hear it. Heh.

• Like 6