✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Actually, I had that idea too, I commented it in page 73... here is what I wrote:

"I'm gonna say it, crazy theory on the way: What if the songs that were chosen are going to be "Transformed" or be the basis for the songs in the new LP8; what I mean is, what if the "experimental" side of the album is the decontruction of the songs choosen, and rearranged, transformed... like a solar ecplise, something going/passing over another thing. We must find the relationship of those songs choosen, the meaning is found in HOW they are related! IDK!!!!!!! btw, I may be going crazy so dont mark my words..hahahah!"

So yeah, I totally agree with that posibillity....

Hmmm. Don’t think I’ll be a fan of that if that’s true.

That’s what b sides are for.

I still doubt that. Coldplay is a band that doesn't like looking at it's past. They hardly even perform old songs anymore or acknowledge that they exist LOL. They would never release an album of reworkings.

Yeah..I guess you are right... I'm still waiting for them to sing Sleeping Sun again :pensive: ...

• Like 5

Yeah..I guess you are right... I'm still waiting for them to sing Sleeping Sun again :pensive: ...

While I think thats a very slim chance, I am excited about what songs they dust off for this era. Previous years it was Warning Sign, or Shiver, What If. Wonder what comes next? I need me some more Politik live!

• Like 8

While I think thats a very slim chance, I am excited about what songs they dust off for this era. Previous years it was Warning Sign, or Shiver, What If. Wonder what comes next? I need me some more Politik live!

Politik is still the best freaking concert opener!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I wish they had a more diverse setlist that included older album tracks and B-sides as well. During the AHFOD Tour some of us ran this project to get the band to perform I Ran Away:

...but of course nothing happened. The request feature, which was supposed to be for older songs, turned out to be a joke sadly as they mostly chose either In My Place or UATW or Don't Panic lol. But mostly In My Place :D I later learnt they didn't even fulfill Mat Whitecross' wish of performing Careful Where You Stand on the C-stage at one of the shows, and he has been their friend for 20 years, so our project was doomed to fail. I really don't know why they are so averse to performing old songs...

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

Thats kinda the problem. One thing you can count on is Coldplay know how to make an excellent album opening song, which in turn makes for a break concert opener. Which makes it hard to fit Politik in the middle of a concert since I expect track one of LP8 to open the next concert.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thats kinda the problem. One thing you can count on is Coldplay know how to make an excellent album opening song, which in turn makes for a break concert opener. Which makes it hard to fit Politik in the middle of a concert since I expect track one of LP8 to open the next concert.

They could put it as a second opener like in the Twisted Logic Tour though, or in the middle after an interlude like in the Viva Tour.

That said, I'd love to attend a concert opened by Square One or Politik and closed by Fix You. But doubt I'll ever live to see that

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

They could put it as a second opener like in the Twisted Logic Tour though, or in the middle after an interlude like in the Viva Tour.

That said, I'd love to attend a concert opened by Square One or Politik and closed by Fix You. But doubt I'll ever live to see that

yeah, no way they open with anything except LP8 track one. If we have any chance of hearing them, it has to be during the middle of the concert, its just difficult to find a good spot. But yeah, I guess they did do it before. Heck, they played Politik for a few shows last era.

• Like 2

I wish they had a more diverse setlist that included older album tracks and B-sides as well. During the AHFOD Tour some of us ran this project to get the band to perform I Ran Away:

...but of course nothing happened. The request feature, which was supposed to be for older songs, turned out to be a joke sadly as they mostly chose either In My Place or UATW or Don't Panic lol. But mostly In My Place :D I later learnt they didn't even fulfill Mat Whitecross' wish of performing Careful Where You Stand on the C-stage at one of the shows, and he has been their friend for 20 years, so our project was doomed to fail. I really don't know why they are so averse to performing old songs...

I Ran Away is one of their best songs!!!! I dont get it either, but one can only hope, one day, that changes...

btw, that cover was great and it made me tear up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm wondering if we'll get to hear Will sing on this album, if he and Jonny have a song together. I love his voice. He's a great singer, for sure.

That would be MEGA, I love Will's voice. I think there's a chance - btw, I think that now on there's pretty much a chance for almost anything. AHFOD was their "last chapter", now they're up for something else.

• Like 3

I Ran Away is one of their best songs!!!! I dont get it either, but one can only hope, one day, that changes...

btw, that cover was great and it made me tear up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww thank you so much !

SJLT. They said it on the image. Something Just Like This. A perfect example of a song with great lyrics and poor music, minus Jonny's solo at the end. I feel like I say that last part a lot.

I feel like @AnaMarie was probably pointing out that they misspelled SJLT on the setlist :D

• Like 4

1. Wow great job to everyone following all the clues. I feel like the coldplay.com sun and moon have gotten smaller but again, anecdotal.

2. I would love to have Will sing. On The 2nd Law by Muse there are 2 songs sung by Chris (the bassist) instead of Matt, and they are excellent. Will is one in a long line of backup singers who have better singing from a technical perspective than the lead singer (see the Edge vs Bono in U2, Pete Townshend vs Roger Daltrey in the Who to name a couple EDIT: and Liam and Noel Gallagher x100000). I still want a Will song even if his voice is more "boring."

• Like 4

It did annoy me when they got rid of Politik after a few shows in 2016. I loved what they did with the visuals, and I actually prefer the Midnight outro after Politik instead of Clocks (which is what they eventually went with)

I'd die of happiness if I thought they were gonna open with the first song on the new album, then suddenly Chris does that funny little scream from the beginning of Live 2003, and Politik starts.

What I don’t understand is why they brought in some cool old songs at the beginning of the tour in Latin America and then mostly stuck with the three you mentioned. :oops: Not that those were bad performances (Will singing In My Place? Yessssssss!). But they tried songs like Speed of Sound, AROBTTH, and Swallowed In the Sea only once before ignoring them for the rest of the tour. Kinda disappointing when you can predict the "fan request" song every night. But whatever. I'm going to take what I can get at my next show. I still haven't witnessed a C-stage performance from them at all. I guess acoustic Everglow was close though.

• Like 7