✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Timbaland had a hand in the drums on True Love, which I think are excellent! I know the electronic drums are controversial to some, but for what was meant to be achieved in that song, I think they were perfect. So I'm more confidence in Timbaland than Stargate, who admittedly did contribute to some weird decisions on LP7. That said, I thought Stargate's contributions to the Los Unidades songs are really good!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Jimmy didn't say anything in discord. He said he has some info that he can't tell.

He seems to have been at that charity event where Chris performed. He mentions Fools' Gold and Monkey's Paw and says he knows something about LP8. Probably just another K. ?

• Like 1

He seems to have been at that charity event where Chris performed. He mentions Fools' Gold and Monkey's Paw and says he knows something about LP8. Probably just another K. ?

I noticed on his IG stories that he mentions indeed 'Monkey's Paw' while Chris is playing Viva on piano, which I find a bit strange. I don't know what that means. 'Monkey's Paw' was made up by K. wasn't it.

• Like 2

I noticed on his IG stories that he mentions indeed 'Monkey's Paw' while Chris is playing Viva on piano, which I find a bit strange. I don't know what that means. 'Monkey's Paw' was made up by K. wasn't it.

Well, Monkeys Paw is a famous story about a cursed monkey paw that grants three wishes, the wishes come true with terrible outcomes.

How that relates to the album, who knows?

• Like 3

He seemed to keep something secret on discord, he might know something we don't, but he isn't allowed to talk about it. Maybe Chris did actually play something new today? This can be further justified by the cut piece of the setlist paper. :p

IMG_20191020_224520.thumb.jpg.1f918823d5209f3b60cfc11205df6b0e.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

Guys, I know for sure he was joking with that Monkey's Paw/Fool's Gold comment. Both are fake titles made up by He Who Should Not Be Named (aka K. :D)

• Like 1

He seemed to keep something secret on discord, he might know something we don't, but he isn't allowed to talk about it. Maybe Chris did actually play something new today? This can be further justified by the cut piece of the setlist paper. :p

Maybe "TiT" for Trouble in Town ?? It's the likely first single based on the source code leak from coldplay.com....

Is there any chance Coldplay reworked this Charlie Chaplin piece into an intro/outro like on Viva? They did that with Light Through the Veins

Yeah I could totally see that

If Chris had played something new that would by now be all over the Internet.

I'm not so sure the performance of the song would be leaked everywhere if Chris asked not to film it. The first time ASFOS was played, at a Coldplay concert they managed not to have it leaked massively... but we knew the song had been played of course!

So if he did indeed play a new song, we may not have gotten an audio or a video of it but for sure, I agree, people would have talked about it and that information would have probably been all over the Internet, with descriptions of what it sounded like etc etc

• Like 5