✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Also if that Malibu video is actually for the upcoming album, can anyone imagine the type of music that was in that snippet coincinding with their outfits and the beach? Barely, so it makes more sense with having something like in the vein these producers work. So, well, anyway, we'll see.

Goddamn, I wasn't aware of this malibu stuff. Makes sense.

Apparently those other producers besides Timbaland are the producers of E-Lo.... :tired_face:

And this. Alright, I'm out. We were all fools expecting something new. Kirboh was right, this was our "Fool's gold".

• Like 2

Goddamn, I wasn't aware of this malibu stuff. Makes sense.

And this. Alright, I'm out. We were all fools expecting something new. Kirboh was right, this was our "Fool's gold".

In any case, we have Jonny to cling to, his riffs never fail, tbh + think it was about that upcoming song, maybe?

• Like 3

Uh-oh timbaland and a couple of associated producers seem to have worked on this album. Really no idea what to make of this album now.

If the producers of E-Lo worked on the new album, it could mean it will just contain some charity songs for The Global Citizen Festival in 2020.

• Like 1

Yeah they produced E-Lo, but producers really follow the artist wishes and mix it right? So a producer could make something completely different depending on what Coldplay wants?

What I've generally seen with Coldplay is Coldplay embrassing the producer's sound more than vice versa whenever they collaborate with not-so-coldplay producers. That seems to be their intention. I like the Avicii version of ASFOS way more than the Coldplay version. But we'll see.

• Like 2

Yeah they produced E-Lo, but producers really follow the artist wishes and mix it right? So a producer could make something completely different depending on what Coldplay wants?

But the point imho is that Coldplay chooses producers that will help them get the sound they are looking for. If you choose Timbaland and Co. as your producers, that is a statement about the sound you are aiming at.

• Like 4

In any case, we have Jonny to cling to, his riffs never fail, tbh + think it was about that upcoming song, maybe?

Yeah, sure... but Johnny's becoming inaudible. His guitar work on AHFOD is really SUPERB, but you can barely hear it most of the time, because of that claustrophobic production.

Well, maybe we are overreacting. We shall wait; luckly they will drop it by Monday.

• Like 2

But the point imho is that Coldplay chooses producers that will help them get the sound they are looking for.

Exactly!

Many Coldplay fans thought for example that Stargate had ruined AHFOD. But there are several interviews where the members of Coldplay, all four of them, are full of praise for the Nowegian producers.

Let's face the fact that Coldplay have their own musical taste, and that it is not necessarily that of some of their fans.

• Like 3

But the point imho is that Coldplay chooses producers that will help them get the sound they are looking for. If you choose Timbaland and Co. as your producers, that is a statement about the sound you are aiming at.

We really can't predict anything about the sound of this album based on all of the information that has come out, though. I mean these three producers could only be on one of the tracks.

• Like 2

Surely they are involved with this album, why would they share the photo otherwise?

I wasn't too happy with the EDM production, but it seems like the band like it alright.

I don't have a clue how it all fits to the album's theme (but then again, we don't know what the album's theme is!!!).

We just have to wait and trust the band to present us with what they surely think is their best effort yet.

• Like 1

Yeah, sure... but Johnny's becoming inaudible. His guitar work on AHFOD is really SUPERB, but you can barely hear it most of the time, because of that claustrophobic production.

Well, maybe we are overreacting. We shall wait; luckly they will drop it by Monday.

I will agree with this. Jonny's guitar has become distant in GS and AHFoD. Not in every song, there are exceptions (AHFoD, Birds, AoAL) but it's disappointing. I'm hoping this changes. One does not simply make an album based on 1919 and include Timbaland.

• Like 6