🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
stephen

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

Uh-oh timbaland and a couple of associated producers seem to have worked on this album. Really no idea what to make of this album now.

Okay, think I gonna sell my hopes for 5 bucks now.

I wouldn't lose all faith yet. Timbaland worked on O. He just added the drum explosion at the end.

• Like 5

Someone said that the two producers tagged in timbaland's post were the E-lo producers. Have to say I'm a little disappointed with this info. Similar influences since GS. But trying to keep an open mind.

Maybe they would have contributions in some songs and are not the album producers.

• Like 2

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Apparently those other producers besides Timbaland are the producers of E-Lo.... :tired_face:

• Like 1

Precisely. I'm now feeling it'll be as experimental as Ghost Stories, if so.

Hype dropped

Also if that Malibu video is actually for the upcoming album, can anyone imagine the type of music that was in that snippet coincinding with their outfits and the beach? Barely, so it makes more sense with having something like in the vein these producers work. So, well, anyway, we'll see.

I think I'm the only person on here who loved E-Lo :joy: I still listen to that song all the time haha:p

• Like 5

Someone said that the two producers tagged in timbaland's post were the E-lo producers. Have to say I'm a little disappointed with this info. Similar influences since GS. But trying to keep an open mind.

Maybe they would have contributions in some songs and are not the album producers.

I'm pretty sure E-Lo was just produced by Pharrell? That's what it says on Spotify :)

I don't know what to think. Maybe Timbaland retweeted because he's a friend of the band and previously worked with them. This aesthetic that Coldplay is going for and the clip we've heard, plus the song registered to Jonny, Will and Dan Green, I don't see how they would fit into any of this. I'd rather they weren't involved but I wouldn't die if they produced one song like they did with True Love on GS. Maybe they worked on the "mainstream" album coming in 2020? That's my guess. There's nothing "experimental" about him.

I think I'm the only person on here who loved E-Lo :joy: I still listen to that song all the time haha:p

Actually, I enjoy the song. I like the cultural vibe of the beats. Could do without the handclaps, though. Overall, wasn't a bad song. But wasn't "Coldplay" either. Hence the different name.

• Like 6

I wouldn't lose all faith yet. Timbaland worked on O. He just added the drum explosion at the end.

I thought that it was only True Love, not O?

• Like 1

Also if that Malibu video is actually for the upcoming album, can anyone imagine the type of music that was in that snippet coincinding with their outfits and the beach? Barely, so it makes more sense with having something like in the vein these producers work. So, well, anyway, we'll see.

Goddamn, I wasn't aware of this malibu stuff. Makes sense.

Apparently those other producers besides Timbaland are the producers of E-Lo.... :tired_face:

And this. Alright, I'm out. We were all fools expecting something new. Kirboh was right, this was our "Fool's gold".

• Like 2

That sound is actually really great and fitting in O. Still, I fear it may be different if he is the producer.

Goddamn, I wasn't aware of this malibu stuff. Makes sense.

And this. Alright, I'm out. We were all fools expecting something new. Kirboh was right, this was our "Fool's gold".

In any case, we have Jonny to cling to, his riffs never fail, tbh + think it was about that upcoming song, maybe?

• Like 3

Yeah they produced E-Lo, but producers really follow the artist wishes and mix it right? So a producer could make something completely different depending on what Coldplay wants?

• Like 1

Uh-oh timbaland and a couple of associated producers seem to have worked on this album. Really no idea what to make of this album now.

If the producers of E-Lo worked on the new album, it could mean it will just contain some charity songs for The Global Citizen Festival in 2020.

• Like 1

Why you guys suddenly upset? No songs have even come out yet and you’re already sounding like you won’t like LP8. I don’t care about producers. I care about the music and sound. So these producers don’t bother me one bit. And I don’t understand production of music.

• Like 9

I'm looking at his twitter and he retweeted music from Missy Elliott and it's not music he produced. He used to work with her and apparently likes her new music. I'm not convinced a share means anything.

• Like 4

Yeah they produced E-Lo, but producers really follow the artist wishes and mix it right? So a producer could make something completely different depending on what Coldplay wants?

What I've generally seen with Coldplay is Coldplay embrassing the producer's sound more than vice versa whenever they collaborate with not-so-coldplay producers. That seems to be their intention. I like the Avicii version of ASFOS way more than the Coldplay version. But we'll see.

• Like 2

I'm looking at his twitter and he retweeted music from Missy Elliott and it's not music he produced. He used to work with her and apparently likes her new music. I'm not convinced a share means anything.

Makes sense.

• Like 1

I'm not completely convinced that Timbaland sharing the photo means that he or any of the other producers are involved with the album, but I would be very disappointed if they were.

• Like 4

But the point imho is that Coldplay chooses producers that will help them get the sound they are looking for. If you choose Timbaland and Co. as your producers, that is a statement about the sound you are aiming at.

• Like 4

Guys, let's be hopefull, we really haven't heard anything, I completely trust Coldplay; they have never released something terrible, maybe not as good as some of their "older" music, but never terrible!!! Let's hope for the best!

• Like 9